Amen to that - coming from another motorcyclist who is constantly dodging idiots in their cages.
    Coming from a bicyclist, watching the idiots in their 2 ton phone booths is damn scary. Put down the phone while you're driving, even with vlingo.

With the disclaimer out of the way... Vlingo is a nice app. My one complaint though is the reprogramming of a button to use it. I, as most people, chose the right function key. The camera doesn't work well using the on screen button then for taking pictures.
    12-22-08 07:33 AM
    I too have a Verizon BB8530, but I can't get Vlingo to record. Once I push the convenience button, it automatically says it failed to record - immediately. I've tried loading and reloading it, but to no avail.

Any suggestions? I've read the thread and followed the prior posts, but no luck. Vlingo IS a great program. Quite frankly, those of you on Motorcycles are better off with this program.

I used it on my 8830, and I found that it didn't take a lot of concentration, and helped me avoid scribbling illegible notes with my pen as I "tried" to drive. My point; you're better off with Vlingo. We all speak as we drive - I don't see increased risk of accident at all.

As an avid bicyclist in my younger days, I sympathize with your concerns of being hit by the gas guzzlers... but I think Vlingo is a positive safety step.

Paul
    12-22-08 07:44 AM
    +1 for the motorcyclists here as i am one too. and i can't imagine a worst place for bad drivers than down in south florida where i live right now.. they make new york city drivers look like nascar professionals
    12-22-08 07:46 AM
    I use this all the time when my curve and I go for a spin. Really a must have app for me. Always practice safe blackberrying! Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 07:49 AM
    Does it do google talk? I'd love to be able to be in the kitchen, making dinner (I don't want to get the phone dirty) but be able to reply to a google talk message.
    12-22-08 07:49 AM
    it messes up if you dont speak like a robot and ive only used the texting function but so far i am enjoying it. you have to turn the music down and it cuts into vital time listening to phil collins but i'd rather be alive and able to listen to phil collins than dead and in h3ll with phil collins in heaven so far away
    lol, speak like a robot....so you're saying if i had one of those things that people use because they smoked too much and you have to push it against your neck to make your vocal cords viberate....that would be perfect? "i did not know it was bad for meeeee" (robot voice)
    12-22-08 08:00 AM
    Any one get it to work on .83?

I tried the same day I installed .83 but was besieged with random Lockups/restarts and the dreaded verizon screen.

I love the concept of this type of application but i don't want to pay a subscription fee ala the caption App
    12-22-08 12:00 PM
    I would really love to see a video of someone using this application, if one exists, or someone is willing to make one? There isnt by chance a link to one floating around here that Im not aware of, is there? Maybe in an official review of the app or somethin?
    12-22-08 12:44 PM
    ..... Quite frankly, those of you on Motorcycles are better off with this program.

I used it on my 8830, and I found that it didn't take a lot of concentration, and helped me avoid scribbling illegible notes with my pen as I "tried" to drive. My point; you're better off with Vlingo. We all speak as we drive - I don't see increased risk of accident at all.

As an avid bicyclist in my younger days, I sympathize with your concerns of being hit by the gas guzzlers... but I think Vlingo is a positive safety step.

Paul

I'm not saying vlingo is bad, I'm saying anything that takes a drivers concentration away from the road is bad. Yes, vlingo may help in that regard, but too many people do not think about what can happen in a split second of inattentiveness. Anyone that rides has been effected by the actions of inattentive drivers; either directly or indirectly, to one degree or another.
    12-22-08 04:17 PM
    I'm not saying vlingo is bad, I'm saying anything that takes a drivers concentration away from the road is bad. Yes, vlingo may help in that regard, but too many people do not think about what can happen in a split second of inattentiveness. Anyone that rides has been effected by the actions of inattentive drivers; either directly or indirectly, to one degree or another.
    I have a constant reminder of a motorcycle accident I was involved in the summer of 1982 that was caused by a car. I have the constant reminder because I broke my ankle and collarbone. My collarbone injury hurts almost non-stop daily partially because of arthritis.

Vlingo is at least a start. Text messaging in a car is in my opinion more dangerous than even that soccer mom driving the SUV talking on her phone.
    12-22-08 09:33 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD