texting while driving with the storm is a suicide mission and vlingo has extended my life expectancy by years and years
    12-21-08 09:30 PM
    Congratulations. We want to see members stay around as long as possible. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 09:36 PM
    I want to try this too, but which version should I get? My storm is on OS 4.7, but their download has only up to OS 4.6
    12-21-08 09:46 PM
    texting while driving with the storm is a suicide mission and vlingo has extended my life expectancy by years and years
    Not to mention the other person you might have killed.
    12-21-08 09:47 PM
    I want to try this too, but which version should I get? My storm is on OS 4.7, but their download has only up to OS 4.6
    i got the one for 4.6 and turned off compatibility mode
    well with my old phone i could do it without looking but the storm took that from

and vlingo revived it
    12-21-08 09:55 PM
    Ive been wondering if this app is worth the dload.

care to share a review?
    12-21-08 10:00 PM
    Ive been wondering if this app is worth the dload.

care to share a review?
    it messes up if you dont speak like a robot and ive only used the texting function but so far i am enjoying it. you have to turn the music down and it cuts into vital time listening to phil collins but i'd rather be alive and able to listen to phil collins than dead and in h3ll with phil collins in heaven so far away
    12-21-08 10:14 PM
    i've wanted this app, but could never get it to work. i can't get past step 4 in the setup
    12-21-08 10:19 PM
    the honest thing is should you be texting at all during driving...

12-21-08 10:21 PM
    sorry if im slow to catch on but i never thoroughly looked into vlingo... does it allow you talk into your phone and itll do a speech to text kind of thing?
    12-21-08 10:24 PM
    sorry if im slow to catch on but i never thoroughly looked into vlingo... does it allow you talk into your phone and itll do a speech to text kind of thing?
    yep, which is y i wish i could get it to work

edit: nvm, i just realized i had to disable the native voice dialing so this would take over, yay!!
    Last edited by phillypharm; 12-21-08 at 10:34 PM.
    12-21-08 10:30 PM
    it messes up if you dont speak like a robot and ive only used the texting function but so far i am enjoying it. you have to turn the music down and it cuts into vital time listening to phil collins but i'd rather be alive and able to listen to phil collins than dead and in h3ll with phil collins in heaven so far away
    too funny... thanks for sharing!
    12-21-08 10:46 PM
    yep, which is y i wish i could get it to work

edit: nvm, i just realized i had to disable the native voice dialing so this would take over, yay!!
    how did you disable it?
    12-21-08 10:49 PM
    how did you disable it?
    options>voice dialing>always off

lol i just uninstalled it, it kept freezing and reseting my phone
    12-21-08 10:51 PM
    options>voice dialing>always off

lol i just uninstalled it, it kept freezing and reseting my phone
    i did that but i still cant get past step 4
    12-21-08 10:52 PM
    i did that but i still cant get past step 4
    did u allow all the permissions for vlingo? and disable compat mode
    12-21-08 10:57 PM
    did u allow all the permissions for vlingo? and disable compat mode
    i sure thought i did, i just uninstalled and reinstalled and im tryin the setup again.
    12-21-08 11:02 PM
    Is vlingo meant for the Storm yet?
    12-21-08 11:02 PM
    Is vlingo meant for the Storm yet?

random reset lol, ill wait for the Storm version.

Last edited by bmore80; 12-21-08 at 11:17 PM.
    12-21-08 11:08 PM
    the honest thing is should you be texting at all during driving...

im aware of this but im gonna do it anyway to be honest, i get texts while driving and am not gonna wait a half hour or even more before i answer a string of texts from randoms
    12-21-08 11:23 PM
    The absolute only thing stopping me from using vlingo is the fact that it does not support facebook..I'm not talking status update as I feel that function is usless, but moreso being able to write on peoples walls or send private messages.

The figure that out, I'm a customer for life
    12-22-08 05:20 AM
    I agree...can't ya wait a few minutes??

12-22-08 05:52 AM
    im aware of this but im gonna do it anyway to be honest, i get texts while driving and am not gonna wait a half hour or even more before i answer a string of texts from randoms
    As a motorcyclist this not only angers me beyond belief, it also frightens me. You're willing to risk killing someone because you can not wait to reply to a text?
    Unbelievable.
    12-22-08 06:09 AM
    as another motorcyclist i agree with the post above me. too many stupid drivers out there to begin with and nobody needs to text and drive let alone the countless other things people do while driving that takes away their concentration.
    12-22-08 06:53 AM
    As a motorcyclist this not only angers me beyond belief, it also frightens me. You're willing to risk killing someone because you can not wait to reply to a text?
    Unbelievable.
    Amen to that - coming from another motorcyclist who is constantly dodging idiots in their cages.
    12-22-08 07:28 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD