Has anyone signed up for visual voicemail? I did but have not played with it yet. Looks pretty cool.
    11-21-08 06:53 PM
    I love it. =)
    11-21-08 06:54 PM
    I cant get mine to work. My cousins does, he hooked it up at the same time as me. Its pretty cool. After an hour on the phone w vzw and a trouble ticket, im still w/o it
    11-21-08 06:55 PM
    i activated mine right from my storm. Still havent tested it yet though.
    11-21-08 07:00 PM
    bumping this. mine still isnt working. anyone get answers from Verizon?
    11-21-08 09:36 PM
    mine works great.. already had a few voicemails
    11-21-08 09:38 PM
    love it! i think its great....except that sometime my cheek does something to make it stop playing if it brushes up against the screen! lol!
    11-21-08 10:26 PM
    i am not sure yet how much i like it.

by the time i press the button to play the message and get the phone to my ear...i have missed the beginning of the message!!!!
    11-21-08 10:32 PM
    Visual Voicemail is awesome! You can record and send a voicemail, forward a voicemail including a recorded introduction by you. There's a call back button. You can save voicemails to your micro sd card. Your voicemails show up in your combined messages box. It's just beautiful and works flawlessly. So far it's my favorite feature of the phone.

pastorhudson
    11-21-08 10:39 PM
    Had it on my Voyager, I really missed it when I moved to the Curve, I am so happy to have it again.
    11-21-08 11:03 PM
    I signed up for Visual Voicemail after getting the Storm, and I can't find the icon. How do I get it to appear?
    11-22-08 01:57 PM
    you have to download it from the application center ^^^
    11-22-08 02:03 PM
    Is it really worth the monthly cost?
    11-22-08 02:05 PM
    Thanks!

And I don't know if it's worth it or not but I was thinking of trying it for a month or two and if it's not worth it I'll cancel.
    11-22-08 02:09 PM
    Love it! It's really great.
    11-22-08 02:10 PM
    Visual voicemail is great. for someone who hates having to call *86 and type in my password while driving it makes listening to VM's really fast. If you don't have the Visual voicemail icon on your home screen that probably means they haven't activated that feature on your account. give 'em a call and they should be able to add it in and you should be able to see the icon after a short time.
    11-22-08 02:11 PM
    Wait... you cheek brushed against the screen? My LG Dare turns the screen off when touching my cheek. I thought this wouldn't need it because it's a big button. No?
    11-22-08 02:13 PM
    its only like 3 bucks, thats like 36 bucks the whole year, i would pay 72 bucks ever 2 years to not have to call in for my voicemails and have the ease and use of deleting, forwarding, saving my voicemails at the visual click of a button
    11-22-08 02:13 PM
    My app, upon opening, always goes to permissions menu and freezes up the phone. I have removed and reinstalled it through Desktop Mgr, but still no action.
    Thoughts?
    11-22-08 02:18 PM
    I forgot, you may have to install the visual voicemail app from the "app center"
    11-22-08 02:18 PM
    anyone else use YOU MAIL before? i tried a search but there are a lot of posts with the words you and mail in it
    11-22-08 02:20 PM
    Is it really worth the monthly cost?
    Depends on what you like. I had VVM on the Voyager and I've got in my Storm now. IMO, this is the way voice mail should be.
    11-22-08 02:20 PM
    anyone else use YOU MAIL before? i tried a search but there are a lot of posts with the words you and mail in it
    youmail dot com

I've been using it for at least 6 months. Not bad, but not visual voicemail either. You can have it email or sms (or both) you when you get a voicemail.

You can also have it attach the voicemail to your email, as an MP3. They have a free and paid version of transcription. Most times, I can get the general idea of what the message is, without listening to it. Sometimes it's transcribed so badly it's hysterical

All in all, not a bad product. You have to set up your phone to forward to their # on a no-answer-transfer basis (meaning it will ring on your end 4x, then transfer). It will also transfer to youmail, when you hit "ignore".

I just stopped using it (though my account's still active), since I'm trying out visual voicemail on my Storm.
    11-22-08 02:31 PM
    I cant get it to work also.. I've had verizon for about 6 years but just started a contract on my own to get the storm at release. I subscribed to it and it shows up as a service on my account online however when i try to login it says

"incorrect pin or account not set up"

what would my pin be? i thought by default it was the last 4 of your phone number?
    11-22-08 02:31 PM
    its only like 3 bucks, thats like 36 bucks the whole year, i would pay 72 bucks ever 2 years to not have to call in for my voicemails and have the ease and use of deleting, forwarding, saving my voicemails at the visual click of a button
    Did anyone else hear that they were supposed to have a $35 "lifetime" option on visual voicemail? When I asked at VZW, they looked at me like I was stupid.
    11-22-08 02:34 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD