Hey all, I wanted to check to see if anyone else was having this problem. Whenever I get a voicemail and i check it using visual voicemail, I get a blinking LED telling me that I have a message. Fair enough.

However, when I check the message the light continues to blink. I've had this occur a few times and nothing fixes it. It usually takes the "do nothing and it will go away" approach.

I have tried having people send me all kinds of other messages and then checking those messages will theoretically clear the alert light but that does nothing. I usually have to wait a while, a couple minutes to a half hour at times. This is driving me nuts, is anyone else seeing this? a fix?
    Battery pulls also don't work because the alert light comes back on immediately when I power back up. Any help would be appreciated.
    12-18-08 10:42 AM
    There were a couple of other threads about this. I think it was happening w/ emials and IM's too. I think it's a bug. It happens to me too sometimes. There seems to be a lag between the time it takes VZW to send the signal to your phone that the message is gone. I just lock my phone and it's gone a few minutes later or do a battery pull and it's definitely gone.
    12-18-08 10:45 AM
    I have the exact same issue. I haven't found a fix yet, but atleast now I know it's not just me!
    12-18-08 10:46 AM
    As long as it's out there. Where do you send feedback to about bugs like this? So long as it eventually does go away it's alright. It's just annoying as all ****. like.. Truly!!

So yeah where do we forward our bugs to so that people know to address the issues? Having worked in software support if there's one thing i've found it's that the squeakiest wheel gets the grease.
    12-18-08 10:50 AM
    the word h3ll is censored?
    12-18-08 10:51 AM
    someone in another thread leads me to believe it's not a bug. If you weatherbug installed and there's a weather alert, the light blinks. Check/read the alert and the light goes away.

Other apps (e.g. facebook) that have alerts can affect the light as well.
    12-18-08 02:53 PM
    It eventually stops. It just lasts a bit longer.
    12-18-08 02:54 PM
    i have this problem too. If it annoys me too much I just use soft reset and that takes care of the problem. I do think this is a bug tho, slow or not.
    12-18-08 03:10 PM
    Its not weatherbug. This is a small bug in either the OS or VVM. After a while it will go off, or if you use the phone to make a call it will go off too. Maybe a fix in the future.
    12-18-08 03:12 PM
    It happens to me too. Battery pull is the only cure.

I think if you just exit the visual voicemail prompt first, then go back in, then your fine. But when you miss a call and get a visual voicemail prompt and go in there first, you get the red alert.l
    12-18-08 03:28 PM
    New fix other than battery pull:

In visual voicemail, hit blackberry key, check for updates (none will be found if you have the current version installed), back out of menu -or- back to home screen.

blinking LED gone
    01-06-09 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD