OK so I cannot figure this out and I have read all kinds of threads about this. I am having trouble setting mine up. Also do you have to have vz navigator to use visual voicemail? Are there charges? I read that there is a 2.99 charge then someone else said in the next comment no.?????
    11-27-08 09:08 PM
    visual voicemail IS 2.99 each month

simply download it then it should walk you through your steps.. have you setup your actual mail box already? is it a new account or current account?
    11-27-08 09:10 PM
    I have had multiple problems with my Visual Voicemail and not even Verizon can figure it out. We have uninstalled it and tried reinstalling it twice and now we can't even get it to reinstall. Not happy about it but they are hoping the OS update will fix mine...if not, new phone here I come.

Very frustrating.
    11-27-08 09:14 PM
    im a current verizon customer. my first smart phone. so your saying it costs 2.99 no matter what? I hope it is not already charging me because its not worth the 2.99 to me.
    11-27-08 09:21 PM
    I'll help you out a bit. This is pretty simple. I will show you two ways of doing this.

1. Open the Application Center on your phone from the main blackberry menu. Here you will see Visual Voicmail for download. Click it and you will be prompted to download Visual Voicemail.

2. Open your browser. Under bookmarks, click "Home Page (Blackberry Bookmarks)." This will bring you to a verizon looking webpage. Click "Get Apps." Now click "Visual Voicemail." Click "Activate Now." You will then be prompted to download Visual Voicemail.

After it has downloaded simply reboot your device (if it doesn't itself). When it turns on you should have a Visual Voicemail icon. Click it and follow the steps. After that it should be all set up for you.

Edit: Yes visual Voicemail costs $2.99 per month no matter what. Call your local verizon dealer to find out what exactly is on your account. Verizon likes to tag free stuff onto your device, which you have to pay for after your free month is up. If you haven't already talk to them about removing tethering, VZ Navigator, and Visual Voicemail if you don't want these services.
    Last edited by Razman; 11-27-08 at 09:26 PM.
    11-27-08 09:23 PM
    im a current verizon customer. my first smart phone. so your saying it costs 2.99 no matter what? I hope it is not already charging me because its not worth the 2.99 to me.
    It is a 2.99 charge per month no matter what. Verizon does not make it an option. YOU ARE REQUIRED to have virtual voicemail. Even if you don't use it you will be charged for it. Over priced yeah. But thems the breaks.
    11-27-08 09:24 PM
    you dont have to have visual voicemail its an optional service
    11-27-08 09:28 PM
    It is a 2.99 charge per month no matter what. Verizon does not make it an option. YOU ARE REQUIRED to have virtual voicemail. Even if you don't use it you will be charged for it. Over priced yeah. But thems the breaks.
    It is an optional service not a requirement.

although they do like to "give" you the services that are free for a month (how nice of them).

Now that you have a BB -- you could put it in your calendar to cancel in a few weeks; use it and see if you like it, then cancel before the free trial is up. I personally love the feature!
    11-27-08 09:33 PM
    thanks guys. So if I havent activated it im not being charged for it?
    11-27-08 09:39 PM
    Well, you can go to Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless and look under your features to see if you have it active or not. You would have had to accept an agreement from your storm when you ran visual voicemail that allows them to add this feature to your account.
    11-27-08 10:16 PM
    I have had multiple problems with my Visual Voicemail and not even Verizon can figure it out. We have uninstalled it and tried reinstalling it twice and now we can't even get it to reinstall. Not happy about it but they are hoping the OS update will fix mine...if not, new phone here I come.

Very frustrating.

you didnt hear this from me...but monday...Visual Voicemail Update will be out
    11-27-08 10:52 PM
    personally I like visual voice mail.
    It is $2.99 a month,
    Storms came with a free month of VZ Nav and Visual Voice mail.
    You have to take them off online or through a csr...
    11-27-08 10:59 PM
    i like vv, cool app. 2.99 a month but really vorth it. no pin required plus it uses data not minutes so....get it
    04-09-10 08:50 PM
    how do you get it off??
    06-04-10 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD