Everytime somebody calls and leaves a voicemail, my LED status light blinks red as it should. However, when I play and delete the message using Visual Voicemail the LED status light still continues to flash red even though the message has been deleted. Shouldn't that change to green once the message has been deleted?

Is anybody else having this issue???
    11-23-08 12:11 PM
    Note: If I pull the battery then the LED status light goes back to green. Obviously I shouldn't have to pull the battery for the change to take place. Interested to hear if others are experiencing this.
    11-23-08 12:22 PM
    mine will flash red for anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 mins after i delete the vm or listen to it
    11-23-08 12:23 PM
    Ok, that must be the issue because coincidentally immediately after reading your response the LED night turned green.

I guess there is just a delay with Visual Voicemail sending the signals over that the message has been deleted.
    11-23-08 12:25 PM
    mine does this too...its annoying and only way to get rid of it is to pull the battery
    12-04-08 10:50 AM
    Mines been doing this too since .83. I don't know if it did it on .75 as I was only on it for 1 day.
    12-28-08 08:10 AM
    Mine did it on .75 too. Battery pull is the only thing that stops it.
    12-28-08 08:24 AM
    mine will flash red for anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 mins after i delete the vm or listen to it

Same here did it on .75, .76, .83 and now .85. It gets annoying but I deal with it because after some time it does go away.
    12-28-08 09:09 AM
    What I have found is mine also flashes. But It flashes because of a missed call even after Visual voice mail has been checked and deleted. I open my message and open my missed calls (show up with a yellow phone icon). Once I open a missed call the flashing stops.
    12-28-08 09:23 AM
    New fix other than battery pull:

In visual voicemail, hit blackberry key, check for updates (none will be found if you have the current version installed), back out of menu -or- back to home screen.

blinking LED gone
    01-06-09 09:49 PM
    New fix other than battery pull:

In visual voicemail, hit blackberry key, check for updates (none will be found if you have the current version installed), back out of menu -or- back to home screen.

blinking LED gone
    Have you tried this several times? Might just be a coincidence. My Storm's LED blinks red for some time after receiving a voicemail. The LED stops after checking texts etc., but stays on after the voicemail.

A BB's LED alert will stay on for 15 minutes, so either there's something to what others here are saying about the network needing to clear the signal after removing the voicemail, or the BB alert timer runs out. Either way, it's annoying.
    01-08-09 06:11 PM
    So, is the "fix" for this blinking light to do the following?

1) In VVM, check for new messages
    2) In call log, actually open the missed call

I have not tried this, just trying to put together a plan of testing.
    02-03-09 03:08 PM
    So, is the "fix" for this blinking light to do the following?

1) In VVM, check for new messages
    2) In call log, actually open the missed call
    Nope. Clearing the missed call on the BB doesn't cause the light to stop blinking. Just gotta wait it out.
    02-03-09 03:16 PM
    Well, poo.

Okay, I have .75 and the blinking light occurs. I see from the above thread that it occurs for .83 and .86 as well. Can anyone confirm that this still exists in .90?
    02-03-09 03:26 PM
    I had the same issue on .75 and now on .132 as well. It is so annoying. I tried to do what the above threads said to do, nothing worked. Guess I'm going to have to wait it out...
    04-24-09 08:09 PM
    lol this drove me crazy one day trying to find the message i didn't check yet....

obnoxious!
    04-24-09 09:26 PM
    Yeah, I get this too. Hopefully if enough people report it as an issue they'll fix it. It shouldn't be hard, until then it's annoying.
    04-24-09 10:17 PM
    Hope they do fix it, it is very annoying. No to mention, the drain it put son an already short battery life phone like the storm. I am not holding my breath that this will be fixed though, seeing that this issue was reported on this particular thread back in November. Very very annoying.
    05-01-09 04:50 PM
    I had the same problem i just stopped useing Visual Voicemail...wasn't worth the hassle and money.
    05-01-09 04:53 PM
    I had the same problem i just stopped useing Visual Voicemail...wasn't worth the hassle and money.
    I am starting to think the same thing. I might get rid of it on mine.
    05-01-09 05:28 PM
    I get this every now and then. I press 1 to call up my voice mail. Once I hear "There are no new messages", the LED stops blinking.
    Last edited by YFZBOB; 05-01-09 at 07:18 PM.
    05-01-09 07:01 PM
    I don't know if this helps anybody but there is a option for visual voicemail in your notification profile. You can turn off th led.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 07:08 PM
    I get this every now and then. I press 1 to call up my voice mail. Once I hear "There are no new messages", the LED stops blinking.
    Why not just check you voice mail the old fashioned way every time?

I don't know if this helps anybody but there is a option for visual voicemail in your notification profile. You can turn off th led.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This makes it difficult to tell when your phone received a voice mail, if your like me you want to know when your phone gets any type of message, even when its on silent. That is the other reason why the LED issue was so annoying, because it would just blink for no reason and sometimes I would think I had a message and I didn't. Although it was a minor annoyance, it was still an annoyance non the less.

Look the reality of this app is that it does make life a bit easier but as I stated before its not worth the hassle or the money. I think unless you receive a plethora of voice mails a day, and/or are too lazy to check voice mails by pressing one and entering your pin, this app is a waste of money.

The only function I truly miss is the option to send voice messages straight from the prog, but I rarely used it and it was never for legit reasons, i.e. messages sent in jest. Honestly save the mem. on your phone, and the money. Your phone and wallet will thank you.
    05-02-09 02:18 AM
    Mines been doing this too since .83. I don't know if it did it on .75 as I was only on it for 1 day.
    It does the same on .75
    05-06-09 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD