Hey guys,
    I'm trying to setup visual voicemail for a friend on her Storm and I have two questions.
    1) Is there a way to set it to playback through the handset as default? Right now she has to hit play and then menu - activate handset...
    2) When the phone is paired via bluetooth to the car, is there a way to have the voicemails played through the cars speakers? I'd presume it would be the same setup as having it play the messages through a bluetooth headset.

Thanks,
    Mike

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 05:07 PM
    Touch the little speaker icon above the message to toggle speaker phone/handset. It will stay at the last setting until changed physically. As for bluetooth, regular voicemail can play cause you call your voicemail box. But VVM is on the phone itself, so it cant be played through the car.
    12-29-08 05:46 PM
    After I listen to my visual voicemail the LED continues to flash red. How can I leave the VVM "email" on my list and not have the "unread msg" LED flash? The only way I have been able to do it so far is to erase the VVM
    12-30-08 10:35 AM
    After I listen to my visual voicemail the LED continues to flash red. How can I leave the VVM "email" on my list and not have the "unread msg" LED flash? The only way I have been able to do it so far is to erase the VVM
    Once you go to vvm the LED should turn off. VVM sux in my experience. Dont know why I havent ditched it yet but vzw did give me credit for the last month bc it didnt work for me.

I would call CS at vzw bc it seems loads of people have probs with this app.
    12-30-08 10:58 AM
    Works fine for me.
    12-30-08 11:02 AM
    VVM works fine for me too. I mark the messages as Read. After a little while it will stop blinking red. Keep in mind that VVM has to communicate with the voicemail server and alert the server the message was read on the device. That takes a few more minutes to do that. Yes it is slow, but it is what we have to live with for the moment.
    12-30-08 11:17 AM
    There is a lag from the time you listen to the message to the time your device gets the signal to Verizon and back. The LED will turn off eventually. It's kind of a pain.
    12-30-08 11:20 AM
    Just an update... vzw finally handled my vvm ticket and it is now fixed.

If you are having problems, I highly recommend getting some help from CS in addition to reading thru the forums.
    12-30-08 11:23 AM
    Works great for me too. Also, once you change from speakerphone to handset, or vice versa, it does keep your previously chosen setting for your next session. I love VVM!
    12-30-08 11:39 AM
    Works great for me too. Also, once you change from speakerphone to handset, or vice versa, it does keep your previously chosen setting for your next session. I love VVM!
    Yes it does
    12-30-08 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD