I've looked around the forums for this, and have tried a couple of attempts to try to resolve.

Tried to change:
    Swipe Sensitivity
    Every Different OS beta (about to try official release tomorrow)
    Screw adjustments

got a shortcut to con. key in the meantime.

Any ideas?
    04-03-09 09:23 PM
    Is it not working at all, or is it just not working in certain apps?
    04-03-09 09:31 PM
    Tried to change:
    Every Different OS beta (about to try official release tomorrow)
    That's really screwy/scary. You would think that it would fix it...
    04-03-09 10:26 PM
    Used every OS official/beta/hybrid to date...never had any issues...from my experienc the sweet spot is around the letter "u, i, o"...hold for a split second then swipe down w/a complete follow through...hope it helps, good luck
    04-03-09 11:02 PM
    I always tell my customers to press lightly, but a broad-press on the 't' and 'y' keys. If you look real close, the spacing between those keys, and all the way down the keypad, there is a slightly larger gap then between the rest of the keys. Starting there only, hover till one of the two keys are highlighted, then swipe down. This has always worked for my customers and myself... If it still fails for you, I would be looking into an exchange in the near future.
    04-04-09 01:52 AM
    Still nothing... Up swipe is so smooth and easy, doesn't matter where I start on the screen,

Down swipe, NADA, NIL..

I got my phone in early Dec, do you think I'll get an exchange?
    04-04-09 06:50 AM
    I always tell my customers to press lightly, but a broad-press on the 't' and 'y' keys. If you look real close, the spacing between those keys, and all the way down the keypad, there is a slightly larger gap then between the rest of the keys. Starting there only, hover till one of the two keys are highlighted, then swipe down. This has always worked for my customers and myself... If it still fails for you, I would be looking into an exchange in the near future.
    Thanks! Worked great. Was suffering from the same frustration.
    04-04-09 06:54 AM
    Swiping works great here as others have said you need to find the sweet spot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 07:01 AM
    make sure your swiping from the top of the keyboard and not the top of the screen...
    04-04-09 07:45 AM
    Thanks for all your help! with some more screw tweaking and only doing it from the top of keyboard, it is working better now. Get it work about 85% of the times I try.
    04-04-09 09:45 AM
    I have the opposite problem. A swipe ALWAYS works for closing the keyboard and NEVER works for bringing it up. I know about the sweet spot for closing the keyboard. Can't find what my Storm wants for opening the keyboard. I have to have a Convenience Key programmed to bring up the keyboard.

-Steven
    04-04-09 02:01 PM
    I have the opposite problem. A swipe ALWAYS works for closing the keyboard and NEVER works for bringing it up. I know about the sweet spot for closing the keyboard. Can't find what my Storm wants for opening the keyboard. I have to have a Convenience Key programmed to bring up the keyboard.

-Steven
    Did you the T6 Torx screw screen adjustment at all before you noticed this problem?
    04-04-09 03:18 PM
    Lmao I didn't even know you could do that to open it, I thought you could only close it like that lol. That's my newb moment of the day.
    04-04-09 09:48 PM
    Did you the T6 Torx screw screen adjustment at all before you noticed this problem?
    I did do the Torx adjustment on my Storm to fix lack of click. Related?

-Steven
    04-10-09 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD