I connected my Storm to my desktop, and turned on Mass Storage Mode. I dragged a movie directly onto the device memory and played the video as soon as it was done.

I then decided that I actually wanted the movie stored on the storage card; I dragged it from the device memory folder to the media card folder and it appeared that it transferred correctly. However, when I then tried to watch the movie it will only end up playing 26 seconds of the movie and that's it.

I can use the Roxio Media Manager, and place it on the memory card using the "Convert for Optimal Playback" option and it should work, at least it did on my 8830. But this option takes so long, opposed to the drag and drop procedure.

Does anyone know why the movie will not play from the storage card using the drag and drop method? Thanks for all of your help!
    11-24-08 04:14 PM
    I noticed the same thing on mine. I never "formatted" the SD card and I thought maybe that might be why. It still works flawlessly within Roxio/DM.
    11-24-08 04:16 PM
    I don't think we need to format the card at all; I have placed music on there and it works just great.

I can use the DM, but I would like to avoid that as it takes so freaking long to actually get the video on there.

I'm waiting for one of these BB experts to give us a reason...
    11-24-08 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD