On a recent trip, I took several videos that I am now trying to download onto my PC so that I can send them to other people. Since the Storm shoots the video in a .3GP format, I know a converter will be needed to change them over to a format recognized by Windows Media Player (I know it is a piece of crap, but it is all my wife and parents will use). So far I have not found any free converters that look like they aork well, does anyone know of any good options?
    12-22-08 02:47 PM
    On a recent trip, I took several videos that I am now trying to download onto my PC so that I can send them to other people. Since the Storm shoots the video in a .3GP format, I know a converter will be needed to change them over to a format recognized by Windows Media Player (I know it is a piece of crap, but it is all my wife and parents will use). So far I have not found any free converters that look like they aork well, does anyone know of any good options?
    I don't know if this works on PC's but on my macbook the storm video files were automatically recognized by Quicktime Player....might give it a try?
    12-22-08 03:49 PM
    I don't know if this works on PC's but on my macbook the storm video files were automatically recognized by Quicktime Player....might give it a try?
    +1, Quicktime works fine on windoze.
    12-22-08 03:57 PM
    VLC media player should open it up and just about any other video format you wanna open
    12-22-08 04:04 PM
    Quicktime and VLC work fine for opening the existing .3GP files, but in order to send them to others, I need to actually convert the file types to an .avi or .mpeg. Does anyone know of any good software to change the actual file type, not just play the existing file?
    12-23-08 07:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD