I have an 8 gig memory card in my phone so there should be no problem with this but the damn thing freezes midway through video and sometimes freezes when its being saved. I've taken a lot of good good video and it gets frozen and lost forever.... What's the deal with this? Anyone else having this problem?
    11-29-08 02:32 PM
    This hasn't happened to anyone else? at all?
    11-29-08 03:50 PM
    My gf was messing with my Storm and was taking a video and once she went to end it, the Storm froze. I had to do a battery pull so I guess you can say I am having the same problem also!
    11-29-08 03:55 PM
    I was all set to report the opposite as I'm sure I played with the video feature at some point without issues. I just did it and all was well until I viewed in the media folder and went to delete. That's when it froze. I didn't need to do a battery pull though, I was able to hold down the power button. When I brought it back up the vid was indeed gone so the delete went through.
    11-29-08 04:07 PM
    I'm really dissapointed in my Storm. Using the camera seems to freeze the screen almost half the time. I've been having to pull the battery most of the time to unfreeze it. Other issues like refusing to save a pic or video, messages that a pic or video is an unrecognized file format when I try to view the few pics I have successfully taken on it, and screen not rotating when I turn it sideways seem to indicate a very shoddy level of product. It's especially frustrating since the camera was the main reason I chose the Storm over other phones.
    11-29-08 04:28 PM
    Yes, I am having the same problem. It was not happening as much with the light off as when I have the light on (it happens with the light off too). I would get :13 into a recording and it would freeze. Sort of a bummer. I hope an update will fix this, but I am sure there are more important fixes for RIM right now.
    12-22-08 04:58 PM
    This happened to me yesterday while trying to show off my phone against my friend's iPhone and they laughed everytime I had to do a battery pull to unlock it. Even when I said theirs couldn't do video they argue that maybe it was better not to even have it since it would lock up their phones for sure. They also said that Steve Jobs probably knew of the video camera issues with a touchscreen phone and that he would have rather not have it on as a feature than have its customers cry about it not working. :-(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 07:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD