guys and gals i could really use your help, i am having trouble with my video recording on my vzw storm. when i recod a vedio, no matter how long, and try to play it back it says "the media being played is of an unsupported format" ? i am lost? lol it has also told me that the file cannot be saved. i have tried to save it to my mass storage card and the phone itself, and i have more than enough room to store it. any suggestions?
    02-07-09 08:34 PM
    This has been posted many times try the search feature. Have you done a batt.pull and retested? What OS do you have?
    02-07-09 08:37 PM
    i will admit i am a noob, but i have been doing alot of reading, i had not thought about a bettery pull, and where in the heck is the search bar on this page? lol i know that sounds ridiclous to you guys, but i woulda used it if i coulda found it. i am a senior member over at afterdawn.com so i know forum rules quite well. thanks for the quick reply btw. gonna go try that battery pull now. also, i am not sure how to check what o.s. i am running, could someone fill me in? the storm is intimidating at first. lol and i am a PC geek. One more question, what would you guys recommend, the curve, or the peral? because i read on here they might be getting close to phasing out the peral, and if thats the case i can still trade in my wifes for the curve without any fees from vzw

so after some reading, (i finally found the search bar) it looks like RIM knows about it, and that its the os .75 i believe it was? so anyway, if my phone shats the bed on me and i have a leaked os on my phone will my insurance from vzw still cover it? becuase i am confident that i can do everything i need to now that i know where the search bar is. and i still would like a response about the curve and pearl if someone wouldn't mind. thnx ~ homesick
    Last edited by homesick; 02-08-09 at 07:51 AM.
    02-08-09 07:27 AM
    disregard this post i searched for hours yesterday and found my answers.
    02-09-09 08:28 AM
    What did you find? I have the same problem. Are you saying that I have to replace the phone?
    02-09-09 08:42 AM
    after reading and reading and reading some more, it looks like this is just a software bug, that looks to be for the most part addressed with a new o.s. doing a bettery pull seems to help, and the length of the video as well, i couldnt record a 3-4 second clip, but i could record and playback a 15 second clip. still has problems though. i think i am gonna upgrade to the leaked o.s. .99 looks like thats the hype right now, and about 8/10 people prefer it over .75 oh and btw i the video problem is like 1 in 3 phones have it. so this isnt a minor issure. and BB is aware of it.
    02-09-09 09:19 AM
    I'm seeing the same prob in recording vids. I hope the update comes soon. Thanks for the info
    02-20-09 10:31 AM
    I have found that if I hold down the save or Rename button till you see flash, then rename the files I have no problems saving or viewing any video length. Hopes this helps.
    03-19-09 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD