and just about every os i isntalled.

i have some videos, mostly between 2mb and 10mb wmv files, they cause massive problems. as far as i am concerned the video playback on this phone is completely unusable for all but extremely specific files made for the phone.

my files freeze and lock up the phone, will play choppy as all **** and then freeze, or not play at all with errors, OR play half way and then error out. then i get the player frozen on the screen, and nothing will make it go away, the buttons stay even over the homescreen, i have pictures of this i am going to upload later for the non believers.

i had this issue with .75 and every leak. so dont say "your using beta software what do you expect?" because it was just as bad in .75 with these wmv files, which i believe are supposed to be supported.

plus its happening with 3gpp files as well.

whats sad is that several times this week i was trying to watch a video, having these issues everytime, and what do i do? i pick up and turn on my non-activated original serieis motorola q and watch them in tcpmp!!!! crazy! my 3 year old winmo phone is far superior in video playback.

while this may sound like a rant, its more just pointing out the major flaw in all OS's.

is anyone not having these problems?

its sad cause the commercials bill this as a media device and i have to rely on my old moto q to watch videos and i am considering buying an ipod touch 2g to watch videos since my storm cant play them.

i also hate the fact it cant play all my xvid, mpeg, and divx files like my winmo phone can, but i knew this going into it. on the other hand i was told i would be able to play my mp4 and wmv files which i cant.

i doubt my device is broken cause it works on par with the rest of waht i read on here.
    02-13-09 04:08 PM
    I have loaded these files http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/fr...ng-off-115277/

And they all play fine on .75 and .103

I have never had issues playing videos since day one Nov 21. I have always had issues with .75 being able to record videos from the video camera and hang and reboot but that seems to work just fine on .103.

So I do not know what to tell you except maybe you actually have defective HW?
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 02-13-09 at 08:55 PM.
    02-13-09 08:52 PM
    those play fine for me, i already have them. as i said, unless the videos are specially made for the device, they dont work.

wmv is the big problem.
    Last edited by cray1000; 02-13-09 at 09:57 PM.
    02-13-09 09:34 PM
    those play fine for me, i already have them. as i said, unless the videos are specially made for the device, they dont work.

wmv is the big problem.
    convert them to Mpeg4
    02-13-09 10:06 PM
    My BabylonAD plays choppy on my phone with .103
    02-13-09 10:59 PM
    I've got my movies on as .mp4 files and they play just fine... quicktime files are fine too.
    02-14-09 03:35 AM
    My BabylonAD plays choppy on my phone with .103
    me too but odd thing is every other video that i have plays fine I have whole bunch of tv shows on my phone that play great hmm
    02-14-09 07:24 AM
    ok it looks like this problem is with WMV.

i converted them all to mpeg4 and they play fine. actually quite well.

but wmv still suck hard. anyone have any success with them?
    02-14-09 04:22 PM
    This thing of downloading videos on your bb. What is the purpose? If I want to watch something I'll watch my HD widescreen television, not some silly little monitor on my blackberry.

Is there a point for it or do you do it just because you can? I'm not making fun of anyone, my TiVo offers this and I just gotta ask why?
    02-14-09 04:43 PM
    This thing of downloading videos on your bb. What is the purpose? If I want to watch something I'll watch my HD widescreen television, not some silly little monitor on my blackberry.

Is there a point for it or do you do it just because you can? I'm not making fun of anyone, my TiVo offers this and I just gotta ask why?
    Um, watching movies on the plane or the bus, or...??? I don't like carrying my HD TV everywhere with me!

And you might be surprised. THough the picture is small, the clarity is quite amazing.
    02-14-09 04:50 PM

people who commute or travel is the most obvious answer
    02-14-09 05:31 PM
    people who commute or travel is the most obvious answer
    Yeah, after I posted that I thought about it. I travel to my mailbox, the grocery store.....
    02-14-09 05:47 PM
    I have the same problem. WMV format videos are choppy and they clip too.
    02-15-09 12:35 AM
    WMV gives me problems but every other format is fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 01:29 AM

plane rides, hotel stays, and seseme street for the kids
    02-15-09 12:16 PM
    WMV gives me problems but every other format is fine

I watch MP4 version of "I am legend" and its good for the amount of action going on. Only thing is when I fast forward the sound does not catch up to the picture. Playing straight through is fine.
    02-15-09 12:21 PM
    Videos play great for me. My problem is with the controls fast forward etc.

02-15-09 12:24 PM
    I have 8 Movies loaded onto my phone (all MP4 format), and at several different points througout the movies I get an "Error" and the screen goes black. After hitting the back button and returning to the video home screen, and reselecting the movie that was playing prior to the "Error," the movie starts right at the moment the "error" occured. I have had this problem with all my MP4 videos.
    02-25-09 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD