Here's a video of the transition effect in the leaked Os for the Storm 9500 that I found.

06-01-09 08:07 PM
    I like it. I want one.

:P
    06-01-09 08:11 PM
    Yeah this is so sweet... More like the iphone transition which is a good thing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 08:13 PM
    lol, looks OK I guess. I however find it kind of amuzing how RIM's just "kinda searching" for what to do with the Storm OS. It's like they don't have a definite direction they want to go with it. First it's fading effect with speed issues, then it's lowered color pallet to bring them back, then it's increased color pallet back up, but change to maximize/minimize transitions.
    06-01-09 08:14 PM
    Hoping for a 9530 version soon
    06-01-09 08:16 PM
    lol, looks OK I guess. I however find it kind of amuzing how RIM's just "kinda searching" for what to do with the Storm OS. It's like they don't have a definite direction they want to go with it. First it's fading effect with speed issues, then it's lowered color pallet to bring them back, then it's increased color pallet back up, but change to maximize/minimize transitions.
    One thing comes to mind when I see that transition
    06-01-09 08:18 PM
    Ok you have it but hoe does it work?

I'd much rather them searching than standing stil hehe

Actually, it's all in the implementation... I'm sure they dropped the old dithering routine until a better quality but more efficient one could be developed.

Thing is, without dithering, you see color banding as the display only displays so many colors. With dithering, you see the same amount of colors, your eyes are just tricked into believing they are more.
    Here's a video of the transition effect in the leaked Os for the Storm 9500 that I found.

Ok you have it but hoe does it work?

There is a keyword here.
    06-01-09 08:19 PM
    The screen transition is really sweet looking, but I'll take a faster browser, less typing lag and more app memory as well as better battery life over that any day.
    06-01-09 08:21 PM
    There is a keyword here.
    What, you expect "reading comprehension" on the Storm Forums? Phhsss..
    06-01-09 08:24 PM
    That vidoe shows a transition to the browser. my 9530 with the 148/5.0 hybrid does the same thing. the only difference is that this transition looks slower, therefor more visible. When I open my browser it goes from small to big, or however you want to descrtibe that transition in the video, except it's much faster...you can hardly tell that it does it.
    06-01-09 08:32 PM
    I don't know how I feel about that...
    06-01-09 08:36 PM
    Cool, I like it. I dont know whats to not like about it.
    06-01-09 08:53 PM
    Now if they can just release an OS that actually causes my phone to not magically reset and it'll be a winner.
    06-01-09 09:11 PM
    I hear that!

Cant we just have a black and white screen with Extreme Performance Speed!
    06-01-09 09:20 PM
    For what it's worth, i'll take the fade in/out effect and the less colorful homescreen (get rid of the dang tiles and just use glow icons, though). I use the default theme anyways, and I think it looks fine (like I said, wish it had Bold style icons). The way apps fade in and out on .148 looks cooler to me, the box transition looks like a 90's powerpoint trick. Just my opinion.
    06-01-09 09:37 PM
    I hear that!

I wish they would put a theme like this on the phone as part of the OS. That way, it wouldn't suffer from the typical issues 3rd party themes tend to. Black screen/white text/white outline icons - the Storm definitely needs a couple more factory themes to choose from.
    06-01-09 09:39 PM
    Agreed with a few people here - first, civic - you're right as always... I wish they knew what they were doing with our phone lol

I also don't really like this old, out-dated transition style... I'd rather have fading in/out then what seems "retro" to me with the zoom in/out transition.

Plus, it looks pretty choppy from that video... Yuck
    06-01-09 10:04 PM
    What are they doing in .23x should be the question. I really want to know what is in store for us lol - Perhaps the Storm will set a new level of expectations for touchscreen phones ^.^
    06-01-09 11:06 PM
    at the rate that the os's get leaked we wont see anything in the .2xx range until late october or november that's just a guestimate
    06-02-09 01:43 PM
    I hear that!

you can do that now if you go to options/advanced options/accessibility and change the color contrast - but I don't think you will get the Extreme Performance Speed you are looking for
    06-02-09 01:46 PM
    sounds like the video was made by satan lol
    06-02-09 01:49 PM
    i like it thought. but id rather have the transition to run faster rather than look "cool" and run slow
    06-02-09 02:16 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD