I'm seeking help addressing a video camera problem. When I first bought the device last November (using .65, then .75 when it came out), the camera would work about half the time. The other half, it would freeze up and require a battery pull. When it didn't freeze, the video played back fine.

Sometime around February, it started refusing to play back, saying that the format was unsupported (for videos taken with the storm and saved on my memory card), and it's been like that since. Last week, I upgraded to .132 (from .75). Now, instead of refusing to play back, it will record, but playback is extremely choppy, and frequently pauses with a nondescript error message ("An error has occurred attempting to play media"). Finally, today, while trying to change various settings (I tried to turn encryption of media files off as some have suggested on this forum, but my BES settings won't let me - I then tried turning off compression, but it didn't help), somehow all my previously taken videos disappeared. The first video I tried to take after that is now listed twice, and refuses to play or delete. I can take additional video, but it's still choppy on playback, and still crashes every few seconds with the error message ("An error has occurred attempting to play media"). I'd hoped that .132 would clear this up, but maybe it's not a problem with the OS, but a hardware problem? Any help appreciated.
    05-21-09 08:53 AM
    Not having trouble w/camera & video wd be unusual. Seems u r experienced w/ so i can't help. I don't use 4 fear of hating phone.

Youtube vid wd be comic relief.
    05-21-09 09:53 AM
    Thanks. Anyone else have any ideas? Would reformatting the media card make any difference? If I'm the only one with these video camera problems, I'm guessing it's a hardware issue, which is frustrating - when I tried to get customer support for this in February, I was told to wait for the "forthcoming" OS upgrade and then see if it still wasn't working properly - how naive I was.
    05-21-09 11:03 PM
    Re-read my post...1st word is not!
    05-21-09 11:11 PM
    I'm having the same issues with mine. I read on another post here that it should work when the next upated os is released, key word there is "should".
    05-25-09 01:48 AM
    I'm not having playback issues, but my video camera does freeze up. I've only used it twice. The first time, it recorded what I wanted, and when I stopped it, it froze. And then the second time, it froze mid-recording and I pulled the battery. It kept recording even though it froze. But because of those two problems (happened within 10 minutes of each other), I haven't used it since.
    05-25-09 01:52 AM
    I run .75 with no issues at all...except...my video recorder doesn't work hardly ever. I'm just waiting for the new update that seems will never come. I rarely try to use it anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 01:54 AM
    Lotta video issues here as well.. On .141

05-25-09 02:29 AM
    Just tried my video recorder out today for mem. day party and it did not work guess i'm thankful i'm not the only one with this prob. my son also has the storm and his does not work either. GREAT PHONE AYE.
    05-25-09 07:17 PM
    Not having trouble w/camera & video wd be unusual. Seems u r experienced w/ so i can't help. I don't use 4 fear of hating phone.

Youtube vid wd be comic relief.
    Please type like a human being. It was a struggle to comprehend and fill in your gaps

Last edited by Danieljbrown32; 05-25-09 at 08:25 PM.
    05-25-09 08:23 PM
    I had a phone that would freeze all the time while videoing. took it in to verizon and got a new one. No problems after that.
    05-25-09 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD