I just recorded a video for abt 20 seconds or so and it saved the file. Now i go back to play it back, it said error reading file format. I recorded several others and they all seem to work fine.

OS is .75
    12-27-08 01:01 AM
    Welcome to the Storm's crappy *ss video application. Looks like the phone's 5th software revision is about to pop and it seems they still haven't got this working!
    I've been complaining about this since 11/21 and I'm getting the sinking feeling it's a hardware issue or else they would/should have sorted it by now. It seems to me that for a multimedia smartphone this is a much more important issue than the lag between portrait and landscape.
    12-27-08 01:12 AM
    i had this happen to me the other day. My sister picked up my phone and she said to me how is the recording on the phone, and because i had used it before flawlessly. i said to her "it is great i like the fact that you can record, play it back, and send it MMS Style." So she took it up i showed her how to record. she did. she said how do you play it back. I said this is how, and BAMM!!! out of nowhere i get the error message saying error loading format. So needless to say i said to her. It worked for me before, the other night. I have no idea what had happened. So i did a Battery pull and waited a day. Recorded a clip tried to play and it worked flawlessly again. talk about GRRR... i guess i am happy that it is working again, but i do wonder why it is that it doesn't play all mp4's i put on to the card.
    12-27-08 01:21 AM
    does anyone know how to add video camera to Curve 8310 ?
    12-27-08 02:03 AM
    I would like to know the same. Read in these forums that with an updated OS you could.
    12-27-08 04:04 AM
    the phone's 5th software revision
    *looks around* um... .65 was the initial release, and there's only been 1 other - .75 official. to my count, that's 2. did I miss something?
    12-27-08 04:17 AM
    does anyone know how to add video camera to Curve 8310 ?
    I actually was able to do this by mistake today...What I did was load the 8320 OS (4.5.0.110) on the 8310 and the video camera app was there after the update. I was going to wipe the OS after and reload the correct OS, but everything seems to be working fine so I left it alone.
    Last edited by lex0; 12-27-08 at 05:05 AM.
    12-27-08 04:33 AM
    *looks around* um... .65 was the initial release, and there's only been 1 other - .75 official. to my count, that's 2. did I miss something?
    No you didn't. I'm sure the poster is referring to the unofficial leaked software versions that have come out. But by emphasizing the "5th" revision, it makes his complaint sound much more dramatic lmao
    12-27-08 05:08 AM
    ^^what they said^^ I followed the work around instructions and they work great. Kind of strange having to do this for now, but at least it works. Hopefully this will be addressed in the near future.
    12-27-08 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD