Here's a weird one, no biggie unless it happens more than once. 9530 asleep in the holster, all of a sudden it vibrates - nonstop - screen blank, red light blinking, hard keys unresponsive - only way to stop it is a hard battery pull. Then goes on as if nothing ever happened.
    Truly odd. Or else it's becoming self-aware and is trying to mess with me.
    07-13-10 12:08 PM
    Wow...that is weird. Has this been a one-time experience or has it happened repeatedly? Have you installed any apps or themes recently that might have a built in reminder/alert feature?

You might also just have a corrupt OS, in which case, you could do a wipe and fresh install. My old S1 suddenly developed a weird problem when the phone's dialpad simply would not respond. Repeated attempts to correct this failed, even while on the phone with RIM tech support. Ultimately, the sent me a replacement but it was only after I got the new unit and was preparing my old one to ship back, that I discovered doing a reinstall actually fixed the problem

If this is not happening repeatedly to you, I wouldn't sweat it. Otherwise, depending on what you learn--or don't learn--here, you might consider that. Good luck!

Here's a weird one, no biggie unless it happens more than once. 9530 asleep in the holster, all of a sudden it vibrates - nonstop - screen blank, red light blinking, hard keys unresponsive - only way to stop it is a hard battery pull. Then goes on as if nothing ever happened.
    Truly odd. Or else it's becoming self-aware and is trying to mess with me.
    07-13-10 12:16 PM
    Just once...so far!
    Well I'm up for upgrade in a month or so, anyway. As for keeping with Storm(2) or going elsewhere that's an open question for now...
    07-13-10 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD