Is there any way to make the storm vibrate more than once when receiving a text message?
    Thanks.
    01-28-09 08:23 PM
    No, but that would be nice. Perhaps in a future OS update.
    01-28-09 10:56 PM
    Definitely would be. It's a typical option on a lot of other phones - Nokia was a big on custom vibrations... I don't think we'll ever see that option for the Storm.
    01-28-09 10:58 PM
    I don't need it to vibrate more, just stronger. Sometimes I can't feel it when it is in the Seido holster.
    01-28-09 10:59 PM
    I don't need it to vibrate more, just stronger. Sometimes I can't feel it when it is in the Seido holster.
    Sometimes I can't feel it when it's sitting on my lap with just a silicone skin! It'd be nice to have a stronger vibrate but thankfully I almost never use the setting.
    01-28-09 11:04 PM
    Yes there is an option to change the amount if vibrations when you get an notification AKA text messages as well.

First on the home screen, go to your sound profiles. Then scroll down till you get set ringtones/alerts and click it. After that collapse the messages menu and then go to SMS text and change your vibration amount and type there.

Another way to do it would be to set a custom sound profiles and repeat the above steps.
    Hope this answered your question

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 11:09 PM
    Yea SlimJim is correct. I don't what all you people saying "no" are talking about... I've had mine vibrating twice for texts/BBMs/phone calls for weeks now. That way I know one vibe (for e-mail and facebook) doesn't need to be checked immediately. Two vibes does.
    01-28-09 11:12 PM
    Is there a way to change the vibrate when it's in the vibrate profile only? In other words, I want it to vibrate more than it currently does under that profile but not at all in any other profile. But I thought I read that changing the settings affects only the normal profile on the Storm.
    01-28-09 11:21 PM
    I have mine set to 3 vibes and vibration length to medium. Too bad it didn't include the option of vibration level/strength. LOl

01-28-09 11:26 PM
    Is there a way to change the vibrate when it's in the vibrate profile only? In other words, I want it to vibrate more than it currently does under that profile but not at all in any other profile. But I thought I read that changing the settings affects only the normal profile on the Storm.
    Well in my case, when I change the vibration levels in set ringtones/ alerts, it affects only that profile in your case it would be vibrate only.

01-28-09 11:29 PM
    Well, I tried doing that in the vibrate only profile and then had a test message sent to my phone, and it ignored me entirely. I set it to custom, with three long vibrations, and it vibrated just once.
    01-28-09 11:59 PM
    weird. when i changed my settings for the vibration. it changed in all profiles.
    01-29-09 01:09 AM
    Just make a custom profile that has everything set to vibrate just as how it would on vibrate mode, except change the amount/length of vibrations (vibration < custom < count/length) for each alert. Name it Vib or something and you should be set.
    01-29-09 01:20 AM
    Well in my case, when I change the vibration levels in set ringtones/ alerts, it affects only that profile in your case it would be vibrate only.

um i dont know if mines just f'd up or something but when i change alert settings it only changes the normal mode settings, not the one im in (which is why i said to do a custom profile) whats up is it that way for everyone or is mine crazy
    01-29-09 01:25 AM
    yeah when you change the settings it doesnt change it for the vibrate profile. what tmoney kid said is probably the best idea..
    02-17-09 07:06 PM
    hey this was helpful. didnt know about this. nice avy btw slim lol
    02-18-09 12:47 AM
    These posts are helpful, but I'm not a techie and I am wondering if any one can further explain in detail what "length", "count" mean in the custom vibrate section of the sounds and ring tones? Thank you
    06-27-10 03:26 AM
    Length is how long the vib last. and count is how many individual buzzes there are.
    06-28-10 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD