Do you all notice the volume of the vibrate is really low. If the phone is on your desk can you actually feel/hear it vibrate. My curve 8330 was loud, my 8730 was not that loud.
    12-09-08 07:48 PM
    First of all, Vibrate Volume? Really? Vibrate is so you can feel the phone when it rings, not hear it. Anyway, each to his own. The reason that you may not hear the Storm vibrate as much as other phones, is that the storm has little rubber feet on the back of it. When it's laid on it's back these feet absorb the vibration impact on whatever it's laying on. The other phones you have owned don't have rubber feet on them, so when they vibrate, it's the hard plastic vibrating against a hard surface, giving a more audible buzzing sound.
    12-09-08 11:42 PM
    I dont think he is so far off base. I think he is using volume to describe the intensity of the vibration. I have to agree here. I am constantly missing calls because while in my pocket I dont feel the phone. I havent had a phone set to ring for years and never had a problem. that is until now. I was actually planning to look into this and see if there was something I could adjust. anyone else having this "issue"?
    12-10-08 06:30 AM
    Agreed. The vibrator on this phone is punny. Can't hardly feel it when in the holster.

LG has the best vibrators.
    12-10-08 06:42 AM
    If i'm sitting at my desk I can usualy feel the vibe, but if walking forget it. Very weak vibe imho.
    12-10-08 06:44 AM
    still no resolution...damnit. i have the same issue...no sense of vibration in my pocket...and coming from an lg V, this sucks.
    12-10-08 08:40 AM
    agreed. i came from an enV and the vibrator on that thing was something fierce. Good enough to make it any woman's best friend! The storm on the other hand, vibrate is almost useless unless you are standing/sitting still in a quiet room staring at the phone. No way to adjust it from what I see.
    12-10-08 08:41 AM
    yep, I agree, pretty low intensity. Not sure this can change??
    12-10-08 08:42 AM
    it does rather suck......my curve would sit and spin around on the desk when it was vibrating lol
    12-10-08 08:49 AM
    I guess this is RIM's way of trying to avoid a poor battery life.
    12-10-08 09:48 AM
    anyone think an update would fix this issue?
    12-10-08 09:57 AM
    You can adjust the length and number of vibrates...thats what I did and it has made a little bit of a difference.
    12-10-08 10:08 AM
    The virbate feature definitely needs to be looked at. The intensity is way too low. I never feel it and I have a case in my belt. With my Moto Q, I knew it was going off, but with the storm, not so much. It's probably one of the most annoying things about the phone IMO.
    12-10-08 10:14 AM
    You can adjust the length and number of vibrates...thats what I did and it has made a little bit of a difference.
    I found changing the length to short and the number to 3 or more makes quite a difference.

To me it seems it isn't the vibrate that is the issue so much as the pause between them. The Stop/start/stop/start of the vibaration is what makes it noticable. Both Tactilely and audibly.
    12-10-08 10:43 AM
    How do you change the virbrate options please? Posts like these are rather silly without at least mentioning how to change the options.... Thanks!
    12-10-08 10:55 AM
    create a custom sound profile: Sounds Icon>Custom profile> add custom profile. name it. Expand messages. select sms text. change vibration setting to custom. You now have options for length, count, in/out of holster.

wash, rinse repeat for other settings
    12-10-08 12:57 PM
    LG has the best vibrators.
    that's a whole 'nother thread
    12-10-08 01:01 PM
    create a custom sound profile: Sounds Icon>Custom profile> add custom profile. name it. Expand messages. select sms text. change vibration setting to custom. You now have options for length, count, in/out of holster.

wash, rinse repeat for other settings
    I can't get a custom profile to save. What am I doing wrong?
    12-10-08 07:14 PM
    Wow I thought it was just me. I came from the 8830. The vibrate mode was much better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 07:19 PM
    Yea I've been missing calls to because of the weak vibrate. It doesn't hold a candle to my 8310
    12-10-08 07:24 PM
    I know this is probably answered in a thousand other threads but cant find it anymore... what was the fix to the custom rings coming through even when the phone was on vibrate??? help anyone??
    12-10-08 09:00 PM
    anyone think an update would fix this issue?
    A couple years ago the vibrate on the Moto e815 was greatly improved with a software update. I can't say that the Storm will see something of this sort, but it's possible.
    12-10-08 09:36 PM
    Yeah, I have owned Blackberrys for years and always relied on the vibrate function. In fact, I never use ring tones and now I miss calls and messages all the time. The vibrate on the Bold isn't just low, it is completely inadequate. I wish there was something to be done about it.

It's not that the vibrate is a little weak, it is unnoticeable in the holster. I've tweaked and customized the ring/vibrate tone options to the max and still no luck. Let me know if anyone finds a solution...it's driving me crazy!!!!
    01-02-09 10:18 PM
    same issue here... missing calls on vibrate mode all the time
    01-02-09 11:18 PM
    Click on "Sounds"
    Select the profile you want to adjust
    while it's highlighted, scroll down to "set ring tones/alerts"
    Adjust the vibration options [short/medium/long]
    Select the number of vibrations
    Select in/out of holster...

you'll get it...
    01-02-09 11:26 PM
26 12