Hi, thanks to Crackberry (news, reviews and supportive community) I got my 1st BB. And I'm happy with my Storm but will need help tweaking it to my satisfaction. Starting with this one:

How do you get it to vibrate and ring at the same time for alerts?

Sometimes I'm pretty oblivious and need my phone to really try to get my attention (ie: my gf is trying to get my attention). I've setup a custom vibrate for long and 10x. But what the Storm is doing is vibrating the 10x and then using the ringtone. If I can't feel it vibrating, by the time the ringtone goes off it has sent her to vm (and possibly me to the doghouse). Any ideas?
    11-24-08 10:53 AM
    You will need to use a 3rd party app like VibAndRing - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

Unfortunately RIM doesn't build in this function standard.
    11-24-08 11:04 AM
    I dont think VibandRing is usuable on the Storm yet. I tried it and it seem to have issues. Hopefully they will get it converted to the Storm quickly because it is a great program.
    11-24-08 11:12 AM
    I dont think VibandRing is usuable on the Storm yet. I tried it and it seem to have issues. Hopefully they will get it converted to the Storm quickly because it is a great program.
    The original version works fine, 1.1 is a little buggy with short ringtones (under 20 seconds), I don't know if the CB store offers both versions, if not how does one suggest that??
    11-24-08 11:14 AM
    Maybe you want to check out this applcation--Ring and Vibrate. You can download a trial version of it from software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=22674&n=Ring-and-Vibrate. I try it with my Storm (for a couple days now) and it seems to be working fine.
    11-26-08 12:08 PM
    Am I missing something here? You want it to Ring and Vibrate at the exact same time? Having it alternate ringing and vibrating during an incoming call is not good enough???
    11-26-08 12:18 PM
    I just tested it myself. On the normal profile, I added the vibrate option and called my phone. It vibrated once, rang, vibrated, and back and forth. Did you try this?
    11-26-08 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD