This is ********, this phone is simply half-*** at everything. My 3 year old treo 700w was better than this....

If someone calls me with a custom ringtone while I'm in "Vibrate Only", it rings anyway. I set the custom ringtone's volume to "Active Profile".
    Dude programming really isnt that hard, there's no matrix to analyze, no 3D anti aliasing to calculate, WTF!?
    [PHP]
    $Profile[Volume] = 0;
    $Caller[Ring][Volume] = $Profile[Volume];
    SET_VOLUME($Caller[Ring][Volume]);[/PHP]
    WOW! I did it with only three lines of code!

But seriously, I NEED it to vibrate in vibrate only!
    The mute button only links to "Vibrate Only" so that means the only way to keep using the mute button to conveniently change profile, is to take out the custom ring tones.
    BTW: I have .75
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by Thadanator; 12-17-08 at 11:33 PM.
    12-17-08 11:03 PM
    I'm not sure what ur box of code is for, but what I did is make a custom profile where EVERYTHING is set to some kind of vibration. When its used it overrides custom ring tones

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 11:13 PM
    I'm not sure what ur box of code is for, but what I did is make a custom profile where EVERYTHING is set to some kind of vibration. When its used it overrides custom ring tones

What he said^

12-17-08 11:16 PM
    The code is a joke,
    but like I said "the mute button only links to Vibrate Only"
    So the convenience of simply holding mute to switch profiles is lost by creating another profile
    Thats the whole point of the thread
    Last edited by Thadanator; 12-17-08 at 11:20 PM.
    12-17-08 11:17 PM
    Gotcha! I definitely see your point about the mute button. I guess for me when I set my phone to vibrate in the morning when I get to work it stays there all day.

12-17-08 11:21 PM
    I turn it to normal mode when I get out of work, and back on whilst at a movie or w/e.
    Instead of just putting my hand in my pocket, I have to perform tasks that involve brain cells. [sigh]
    12-17-08 11:23 PM
    This is ********, this phone is simply half-*** at everything. My 3 year old treo 700w was better than this....

If someone calls me with a custom ringtone while I'm in "Vibrate Only", it rings anyway. I set the custom ringtone's volume to "Active Profile".
    Dude programming really isnt that hard, there's no matrix to analyze, no 3D anti aliasing to calculate, WTF!?
    [PHP]
    $Profile[Volume] = 0;
    $Caller[Ring][Volume] = $Profile[Volume];
    SET_VOLUME($Caller[Ring][Volume]);[/PHP]
    WOW! I did it with only three lines of code!

But seriously, I NEED it to vibrate in vibrate only! The mute button only links to "Vibrate Only" so that means the only way for that to be convenient, is to take out the custom ring tones.
    BTW: I have .75
    Any ideas?

yes I have a idea.. the profiles that are created in the device are kind of crappy..

create your own custom vibrate profile..

set each and every option of sound all the way through..

set ringers to silent vibrate to vibrate..

and it will work like a champ..
    12-17-08 11:27 PM
    Ok not to be an a-hole but this thread is becoming redundant. We covered that
    I guess it's my fault, I will change the original post at the top to avoid confusion.
    Last edited by Thadanator; 12-17-08 at 11:33 PM.
    12-17-08 11:31 PM
    Sorry to Hi-jack, but I did the "custom profile" Trick and the phone vibrates fine when i receive a phone call.

Today i was taking a test and i got a text. I felt the phone vibrate in my pocket and then it decided to ring anyway. Any thoughts? I set vibration to custom, medium length, one time. Also I set holster to "Both"
    12-17-08 11:36 PM
    Programming things of this nature are harder than just throwing some PHP into a box. Developing things of this nature take careful planning from the get go and become much more difficult with multiple people working together. Also when you've all got to play nice and interface with the OS properly it adds yet another level of complexity. Depending on the OS this cna be easier or harder but its MUCH different than a straight line interpreted language.
    12-17-08 11:37 PM
    Sorry to Hi-jack, but I did the "custom profile" Trick and the phone vibrates fine when i receive a phone call.

Today i was taking a test and i got a text. I felt the phone vibrate in my pocket and then it decided to ring anyway. Any thoughts? I set vibration to custom, medium length, one time. Also I set holster to "Both"
    Did you set all the ringers to silent?
    12-17-08 11:38 PM
    Programming things of this nature are harder than just throwing some PHP into a box. Developing things of this nature take careful planning from the get go and become much more difficult with multiple people working together. Also when you've all got to play nice and interface with the OS properly it adds yet another level of complexity. Depending on the OS this cna be easier or harder but its MUCH different than a straight line interpreted language.
    so you're saying you didn't at least crack a smile when you read it tho?
    12-17-08 11:39 PM
    I thought you were serious with the code thing because I had no idea what you were talking about. After you told me it was a joke, I got a good chuckle (probably laughing at myself more than anything)
    12-18-08 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD