Hey guys,

Has anyone else noticed the vibrate function isn't very strong? For instance, when you get a text message while your phone is in the holster, I can rarely ever feel it vibrating. And if I set my phone on my desk, I usually watch the LED if I think I'm getting a message, since I can't feel or hear the vibrate function.

Anyone else experience this as well? Is it being looked into at all, or is there a possible way to change this function to get the vibrate to be "stronger"?
    12-11-08 01:03 PM
    Hey guys,

Has anyone else noticed the vibrate function isn't very strong? For instance, when you get a text message while your phone is in the holster, I can rarely ever feel it vibrating. And if I set my phone on my desk, I usually watch the LED if I think I'm getting a message, since I can't feel or hear the vibrate function.

Anyone else experience this as well? Is it being looked into at all, or is there a possible way to change this function to get the vibrate to be "stronger"?
    Put your phone on normal ring and set your ring tones to volume 5 caues the vibrating is not good.
    12-11-08 01:10 PM
    yeah that would be my only issue. vibrate is weak as heck.
    12-11-08 01:11 PM
    That is correct, the vibrate mode is terrible. I can't even feel it when on the go with the phone in my pocket. Just a slight downfall for me though. Lovin the Storm!
    12-11-08 01:11 PM
    yeah i have noticed it to also. Coming from a LG env, the env would rattle like crazy. Dont know if they made it weak to save battery or what. But i wish it was a tad bit stronger cause at work i dont feel it or hear my tones.
    12-11-08 01:12 PM
    It's definitely weaker than the vibration on my 8820. Sometimes I don't catch that it's vibrating even if it's sitting on a hard surface.
    12-11-08 01:12 PM
    I agree my curve 8330 had a much stronger pulse and there are times with this in my pocket I don't even feel a custom vibrate that I set up to have 5 long pulses very weak
    12-11-08 01:16 PM
    I agree... I've customized it to make the vibrations longer but its still not very strong... It also seems that once it vibrates through one set, its done... the LED continues to flash, but with my old cell it would continue to vibrate every minute or two until I answered it.
    12-12-08 12:00 PM
    I agree... I've customized it to make the vibrations longer but its still not very strong... It also seems that once it vibrates through one set, its done... the LED continues to flash, but with my old cell it would continue to vibrate every minute or two until I answered it.
    Yes i would like to get an app that does this if anyone can suggest one. I am sure there is one out there
    12-15-08 09:43 PM
    yeah i noticed this too, it does seem a little weak but it's only a small issue.
    12-15-08 10:02 PM
    Ya me also coming from an lg env (very good vibration) it is very weak. And i almost [I]always[I] have my phone on vibrate.
    12-15-08 10:04 PM
    I have some interesting input. I received my replacement phone today and the vibration alert is noticeably better. I was so disappointed before, because i love to have my phone constantly on vibe. Now i don't think i can trust it on vibe yet, but i will be giving it a second chance.
    12-15-08 10:12 PM
    I also have to agree. The vibrate is very weak, even with a longer vibration set. :/
    12-15-08 10:22 PM
    I see I'm not the only one.
    12-15-08 11:02 PM
    Yup..vibration is super weak. I don't get a thrill out of it at all! LOL jk about the thrill part. =P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 11:35 PM
    I actually like the weak vibrate. I can feel it in my pocket perfectly, but its not strong enough to make a noise, so when i'm in class i don't get in trouble or disturb anyone...
    12-15-08 11:53 PM
    You can change the vibrate to different settings (can't change its strength-But you can change the way it vibrates)

Click on Sounds>Scroll to "Set ring tones/alerts> From here you can set the alert options for your phone,messages IMs, reminders, and other.

Click on the option you want to change (phone, message, IM's, reminders and other) scroll down to vibration click on custom here you can select what type of vibrate you want (long, medium, or short) and you can select how may times it vibrates- you can even set it how you want it to behave in or out of the holster.

This helped me out a lot. Hope it helps you!
    12-16-08 12:22 AM
    Hey guys,

Vibrate sucks on this phone. Can barely feel it while I'm @ work.
    12-16-08 02:35 AM
    You can change the vibrate to different settings (can't change its strength-But you can change the way it vibrates)

Click on Sounds>Scroll to "Set ring tones/alerts> From here you can set the alert options for your phone,messages IMs, reminders, and other.

Click on the option you want to change (phone, message, IM's, reminders and other) scroll down to vibration click on custom here you can select what type of vibrate you want (long, medium, or short) and you can select how may times it vibrates- you can even set it how you want it to behave in or out of the holster.

This helped me out a lot. Hope it helps you!
    Thanks man! I created a custom vibrate profile. Much better!
    12-16-08 02:52 AM
    i went from the practically indestructible Gz'one which had a very powerful vibrate, so i always kept it that way, it could even wake me up in the mornings for my alarm, with this phone im not sure it could wake me up but its sufficient enough to alert me in most situations.
    12-16-08 05:04 AM
    what bugs me is it won't ring and vibe at the same time continously. (yes I know there is an app but dammit a $700 phone shouldn't need an addon to ring + vibe)
    12-16-08 07:07 AM
    I have found setting the vibrate length to short with multiple repeats makes all the difference.

It isn't so much that the vibrate that is weak, but I'm more accustomed to noticing the vibrate with a start/stop/repeat patter than singgle vibrate, long pause, single vibrate
    12-16-08 10:17 AM
    Thanks man! I created a custom vibrate profile. Much better!

Glad I was able to help out. I'm a n00b too!!! I found this trick by searching out other issues/tips/tricks- and just stumbled upon this one.

I agree- I wish I could get it to ring and vibrate at the same time like my Treo did.

This is my FIRST ever BB, and so far the feelings are mixed- which really makes me sad! I was hoping for the holy grail or something like that

all kidding aside- I do like this phone. Just have a few issues- which all seem to be software related- and MIGHT be fixed soon.
    12-17-08 09:55 PM
    Yup..vibration is super weak. I don't get a thrill out of it at all! LOL jk about the thrill part. =P

I saw this coming.....and had it not I was going to post it
    12-17-08 10:12 PM

great legs
    12-17-08 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD