I just got this storm 4 days ago it is unlocked. It is the slowest phone i have ever had, im almost getting readdy to just stop using it. Im running .132 and it loads and is just so laggy. anyhelp
    05-12-09 08:34 PM
    Are you closing out of programs correctly not by using the end call button? Press and hold bb button until the applications menur pulls up to see what is all running only 5 should be shown, browser, home, messages, bb messanger, and phone.

Other than that yet a battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 08:39 PM
    Are you closing out of programs correctly not by using the end call button? Press and hold bb button until the applications menur pulls up to see what is all running only 5 should be shown, browser, home, messages, bb messanger, and phone.

Other than that yet a battery pull.

QWERTY Quick typing FTW!

However Chuck is correct, make sure that you aren't running any programs in the background. Doing a battery pull should help, but also delete applications you don't need.
    05-12-09 08:41 PM
    Yeah i deleated VZ navigator wittch i heard is a big thing didnt realy notice anything after that though.
    05-12-09 08:47 PM
    Yeah i deleated VZ navigator wittch i heard is a big thing didnt realy notice anything after that though.
    Go to Options > Memory and tell us the "Application Memory : Free Space" that it shows...Also

Go to Options > Advanced > Applications

and list everything that you see
    05-12-09 09:01 PM
    Browser > menu > options > browser configuration > uncheck support javascript & check prompt 2 enable js

+ in general properties, check enable js location support,

if not already the case.
    05-12-09 09:42 PM
    Go to Options > Memory and tell us the "Application Memory : Free Space" that it shows...Also

Go to Options > Advanced > Applications

and list everything that you see
    i did this and it just shows alll apps it doesnt say how much is free
    05-13-09 04:39 AM
    Nevermind Application memory: 31.2MB
    05-13-09 04:41 AM
    Your app memory is fine, but did you do a reset (battery pull) after you updated the OS? If not then that's probably your problem.

05-13-09 04:50 AM
    Yeah, Ive been having "ok" performance since .113, and good performance since 122, currently on 141, really, the storm isn't a hog.
    I hope you get this resolved :/
    32MB is great, anything from 20MB and up for me is great, doesn't make a difference if theres 20MB free or 30MB, not on mine anyway (free is free afterall :P)
    05-13-09 05:22 AM
    I'm a bit confused about the obsession with Storm memory. As a closet techie, I understand the value of RAM on a computer, etc., and the impact on speed. However, whether I have 40mb or 10mb of free memory on my Storm, it runs at the same speed (sluggish compared to other phones I've had or tested, including the Iphone and WinMo devices). Generally, as the day goes on, my memory starts at 40+ and dips to around 20, but I see no meaningful speed impact.

Also, I get the same relatively slow response regardless of the many beta OS's I've installed. I've never seen the noticible increased speed folks talk about. Ditto for whether I run the Storm in its native state (clean start with no extras) or with my 3rd party apps installed.

Am I missing something? The only speed savings I get are from QuickLaunch....simply by cutting down on the clicks it takes to do something (like start a blank SMS with receipient's number filled in).
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 05-13-09 at 08:15 AM.
    05-13-09 08:12 AM
    Try a different OS, close programs properly and be patient.
    Honestly my spin clock comes up every now and then but I really don't even notice it. I am happy with the way my phone works.
    05-13-09 08:50 AM
    There will always be times when there is network activity or the phone is managing its memory/cache and it will trip up for a moment, but for the most part, as long as you dont have a bunch of apps RUNNING at once, anything past .113 is pretty solid speed wise. Is it as slick as using a phenomX4 loaded pc with 4gb of ram? NO

Will it be as slick as the (HARDWARE GRAPHICS ACCELERATED) iphone? NO!!!

REMEMBER PEOPLE, this phone is rendering all its graphics via software only at the moment. Even if the interaction is registered, the GUI will always be at least a little bit sluggish on the redraw. it IS, however, miiiiles ahead of where it was in terms of GUI speed

fwiw the way my storm is running now it isnt any slower than most other phones ive tried using (incl, BB curve and pearl flip)
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 05-13-09 at 11:06 AM.
    05-13-09 10:56 AM
    I had the same problems and just gave up and got a curve.
    05-13-09 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD