So there I was standing outside of Verizon at 5:30 in the morning waiting in the cold Denver air for my new Storm. I have never owned a RIM before. I am a Palm Treo fan. I really do love the palm. But I also love to have the latest and "greatest" in gadgets. This is also the first time I have had email and internet on my phone.

I've loved having email and web. But I really miss the task and memos. Yes the Storm has them but they are all merged. I think what I miss the most is a "real" keyboard. The next thing I miss is the CONVERSATION in text messaging!! I HATE having all of those texts in my box. Conversation text messaging should be WAY up there on their upgrades.

Where are all the cool FREE programs? I thought they'd have loads to choose from.

I paired 2 headsets to my phone on Monday. Since then, my phone has been running soooooooo slow. It's like I'm using 64mb of RAM on a computer! It just sits there with the little black clock icon spinning. I have an 8gb disk in the back of the phone. Not even a gig has been used, but I got some error message saying "low memory". When I put the disk in my computer, it couldn't even read it!? Now it takes forever to do ANYTHING!?! I'm not gonna start taking off the back of the phone every time there is a problem. They need to come out w/ faster and BETTER upgrades. I'm starting to wonder if I should go back to my Treo until all the bugs are fixed. A friend has the iphone and I honestly think its better. (and yes, I realize its had years to upgrade and fix problems.)

So - any suggestions on fixing my slow A** phone, without "going off" on my about liking Palm.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Erin
    "May all your troubles last as long as your New Year's resolutions."
    01-07-09 08:59 PM
    Keep the Treo for solitaire until the apps store opens. Maybe I had a lousy Treo (quite possible since I was Wondows Mobile) but I have gotten over the Storm's limitations and I am having a lot more fun. Plus, I haven't misplaced my stylus yet!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 09:39 PM
    screw the treo , your app memory and disk memory are completly different . sounds like you need to clean some **** out what all do you have on your storm ? also make sure you have mass storage mode enabled.
    01-07-09 09:42 PM
    Sounds like you have a lot of apps running all the time? When you exit an app you need to make sure you actually close it by bringing up the menu from your blackberry button and selecting "close." Otherwise it will keep running in the background and hog memory. The iPhone doesn't have this problem because it can't multi-task. If you switch to another program on the iPhone it automatically closes the one you were in. It's not bad to turn your phone off and pull the battery once a week either. This will reset your application memory. Do it more if you need to.

Also, as someone else noted, you need to enable mass storage for your card to show up on the computer. Options, memory and select it from there.

So basically (and please don't get offended by this), it sounds like you just need to learn more about how your Blackberry works. Good news for you is that Crackberry is here to help! I was a newbie too nd have learned a lot here!
    01-07-09 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD