So, I'm running 0.86 since last night. My application memory initially started off at 38mb after installation and after battery pull. Now, almost 24 hours later, it is down to 2.6mb. yes, two mb. when i was running 0.85, it went down to less than 1mb at one point! performance, strangely, doesn't not seem that affected!

3rd party applications are running are only facebook, viigo and aerize. i close ALL programs after i use it, and yet, my memory "leak" is pretty extreme. Despite this, the performance of the device isn't bad at all! in fact, one probably couldn't tell the difference if you didn't check the memory! i also run memory cleaner which doesn't seem to help much.

anyhow, curious as to what others think... do you think my memory leak is more hardware or software? i have never had more that 40mb (much to my envy of other posters). everything else about my storm works great - so, would hate to request a new device just for this.

thanks for the input.
    01-13-09 01:30 AM
    I was showing a buddy some tips & tricks on his one-week old Storm today and the first thing I did was check his app memory and he was at 4.something. His was operating no slower than mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 02:04 AM
    agreed!!!!!
    01-13-09 02:33 AM
    It's probably Viigo. I've read that it's a memory hog.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 03:44 AM
    Yep, something on there is causing an issue. I'd try to see what I could get rid of, but I've also noticed amazing performance with low app memory in a previous OS.

It hasn't happened on .86 though. I was getting memory leak before the battery the first battery pull after installing .86, but since it booted back up, it hasn't happened again.
    01-13-09 08:29 AM
    crackdown on your home screen icons (i use 9), beta software and useless software you wont use...... every since i made this transition ive been running contantly around 45 but it does fade out towards the end of the day down to about 32
    01-13-09 09:56 AM
    If it is working, let it ride. I would prefer for the memory to be higher on these devices; however, the main thing is for it to work without any issues.
    01-13-09 10:00 AM
    Yup, I dropped 20MB in memory with little use and only one 3rd party app installed (quickpull) over the course of a few hours on 86.
    01-13-09 10:24 AM
    I use quickpull and have zero leaks.
    01-13-09 11:41 AM
    Yup, I dropped 20MB in memory with little use and only one 3rd party app installed (quickpull) over the course of a few hours on 86.
    i've run a full day and only dropped 5 mb....with lots of use and i do have quickpull installed
    01-13-09 11:54 AM
    I suspect viigo isn't helping much. I demoted myself back to .75 and lose about 10-15 MB w/ viigo running.
    01-13-09 12:48 PM
    i've run a full day and only dropped 5 mb....with lots of use and i do have quickpull installed
    Dunno what to say but is anyone really surprised when near identical storms behave differently? I'm not.

I'm also not too worried about the mem leak... figured it will get corrected eventually.

EDIT: my first sounded like QP was the culprit of the leak. I actually think its 86. 85's leak was much slower for me for sure.
    01-13-09 01:03 PM
    i experienced minimal leaks on both....
    01-13-09 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD