I also keep seeing something along the lines of "SIM card error" on my home screen under the date and time... not really sure why.. hasn't really affected the use of anything on my phone.. just that thing where i didnt have any sound.. but thats all bueno now.. do you have sound yet???? or still no bueno???

to the op, glad you got it, and yes your tones get moved to the internal ringtone file, (you have an internal thumb drive that you can access in mass storage mode through "my computer") a little word of warning, if you have a custom tone assigned as a ringtone or alert and delete it, you will lock up that profile until you reinstall, unassign and delete.
    surfstar, i'll bet you did the t6 screen fix, your sim card means notta squatta unless you travel out of the country or want to use your storm on at&t or tmo.
    12-07-08 06:37 AM
    10 to 1 he put the sound files on his phone not the sd card when you plug your phone in you get bb1 and bb2 bb2 is your sd card. As for the other post about sim error search nothing to do with this issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 06:51 AM
    yeah tried that, i will again, but i think my internal memory, or sim card from verizon is jacked. i might have to do the unthinkable, and bring it to their inferior lifeforms behind the counter *this may only apply to the verizons near me*

Problem with calling them inferior lifeforms is that you are going to rely on them to solve your problem. So basically they may be inferior to others but not you? tool
    12-07-08 10:28 AM
    to the op, glad you got it, and yes your tones get moved to the internal ringtone file, (you have an internal thumb drive that you can access in mass storage mode through "my computer") a little word of warning, if you have a custom tone assigned as a ringtone or alert and delete it, you will lock up that profile until you reinstall, unassign and delete.
    surfstar, i'll bet you did the t6 screen fix, your sim card means notta squatta unless you travel out of the country or want to use your storm on at&t or tmo.
    actually I didn't do the T6 screen fix until recently... even before i did i got the SIM card error message... doesnt bug me anywho... its only for using the phone abroad..
    12-12-08 11:34 AM
    Timber.....Falling ***** ahead.
    12-12-08 11:45 AM
    actually I didn't do the T6 screen fix until recently... even before i did i got the SIM card error message... doesnt bug me anywho... its only for using the phone abroad..
    Might want to go ahead and pull the sim...
    12-12-08 12:46 PM
    wahhh wahhh wahhh
    Wahhhh, I'm not tech savy so I will denigrate those who are just like me, WAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

(thank you Artie Lange)
    12-12-08 12:53 PM
    Wahhhh, I'm not tech savy so I will denigrate those who are just like me, WAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

(thank you Artie Lange)
    Ha HA HA..yeah -- NOT SO MUCH! don't hijack someone's post - it's not cool!!!
    01-09-09 08:45 AM
    ooops i just wasted my time. OP why would any want to give you beta with a attitude like that.
    01-09-09 09:05 AM
    I would agree that you have an internal memory problem. I don't agree that the ringtones that are externally on your memory card get copied to your internal memory when you select them as ringtones for contacts. I have no such ringtones on my internal memory. The status of that memory has NOT changed since I got my phone 22nd November.

OP, can you use capture it to attach a screen shot so that we can see this list of ringtones in contacts that you are referring too. Because the only way I see ringtones in contacts is if I open a specific contact that is ALREADY assigned a ringtone & then open up that specific field. That may be where the problem is but in order to try & help you, we need to get a better idea.

Also as far as no sound coming out, HOW LARGE of a file size are these ringtones you are using? Where did they come from? I have found that the ringtones that don't play are often too large of a file. (the threshold I have found on the ones I make is around 250KB)
    01-09-09 09:19 AM
    I would agree that you have an internal memory problem. I don't agree that the ringtones that are externally on your memory card get copied to your internal memory when you select them as ringtones for contacts. I have no such ringtones on my internal memory. The status of that memory has NOT changed since I got my phone 22nd November.

OP, can you use capture it to attach a screen shot so that we can see this list of ringtones in contacts that you are referring too. Because the only way I see ringtones in contacts is if I open a specific contact that is ALREADY assigned a ringtone & then open up that specific field. That may be where the problem is but in order to try & help you, we need to get a better idea.

Also as far as no sound coming out, HOW LARGE of a file size are these ringtones you are using? Where did they come from? I have found that the ringtones that don't play are often too large of a file. (the threshold I have found on the ones I make is around 250KB)
    I agree with most of this post... Except for the part about the large files as I have all of my ringtones on my media card and can even use full MP3's out of my library as ringtones if I want...

As far as problems with ringtones showing up (or NOT showing up after added) I always delete the BBThumb.db file in the ringtone dir and it seems to solve most of my problems. You must have "show all files" enabled on the PC to see it as it is marked as a system file. When this file is deleted and you exit media player on the phone, it rescans and recreates the file on entering the media player again or rebooting the phone...

Hope this helps...
    01-09-09 09:40 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD