ok so up until now i've loved the storm, but just in like the last 10 hrs i've been having problems with ringtones. i'm just going to list issues cuz some of them are a little different from the others.

- i have these 5 songs that are stuck in the ringtone list when i'm in contacts
    (want them to go away, they even stay there if i remove my micro sd)
    - when i click try it button for the few that i do want there it seems to only
    work sometimes (these ringtones also magically appear w/o the micro sd)
    - i tried wiping the phone and everything reset, except these issues.
    - when i call the phone or send a message too it, it shows up on the screen,
    but no sound is coming out of the phone.

i know that is a hefty issue, if anybody has any ideas, or maybe a way to completely wipe the phone, i'm up for anything right now, I'm new to this forum, this is my first blackberry, and sorry if there is already a thread about this.
    12-04-08 03:40 PM
    very RUDE title and use spell check ..... WASTE
    12-04-08 03:48 PM
    thankyou for wasting my time, great this makes me wanna use these forums. can someone just help me, instead of posting crap to get posts.
    12-04-08 03:51 PM
    Ringtones automatically get ported to your internal memory once they are selected to be used make sure you delete them off your phone
    And be sure when you restore the phone they aren't in your backup file
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 03:54 PM
    wahhh wahhh wahhh
    12-04-08 03:54 PM
    thankyou for wasting my time, great this makes me wanna use these forums. can someone just help me, instead of posting crap to get posts.
    I think you'll find on these forums that rude people don't get their questions answered as quickly. Also, this isn't a forum where posts count towards anything.
    12-04-08 03:55 PM
    well thank you for saying that way, and i didn't mean for that to come across that way, i'm frustrated.
    12-04-08 04:04 PM
    yeah lamer!!!
    12-04-08 04:05 PM
    ok so how do i wipe the internal memory, because the micro sd isn't in and i did a wipe, and its all still there.
    12-04-08 04:15 PM
    l2 not be a n00b
    12-04-08 04:17 PM
    What method are you using to "Wipe" the phone?
    12-04-08 04:18 PM
    the only way i've seen so far is the security setting >> press menu >> select wipe handheld. thats all i've tried, so far
    what are the other methods?
    12-04-08 04:20 PM
    well.. i am very much a noob.. but i seemed to have a similar problem.. When i recieved calls or texts they would show up but there was no sound.. my speaker phone worked perfectly.. but even when i went to listen to a song in my music there was no sound.. i looked everywhere for answers.. politely i might add.. but it seemed as soon as i took out the battery and plugged it back in.. it worked perfectly.. might give it a shot.. and see what happens.. sometimes all those seam edits and technical mumbo jumbo.. just doesnt beat the power of pulling the friggin battery out...
    12-04-08 04:25 PM
    yeah tried that, i will again, but i think my internal memory, or sim card from verizon is jacked. i might have to do the unthinkable, and bring it to their inferior lifeforms behind the counter *this may only apply to the verizons near me*
    12-04-08 04:29 PM
    i am tech savy and dont know how to fix your problem, did i just waste my time? i am confused.
    12-04-08 04:33 PM
    yeah tried that, i will again, but i think my internal memory, or sim card from verizon is jacked. i might have to do the unthinkable, and bring it to their inferior lifeforms behind the counter *this may only apply to the verizons near me*

make sure mom is with you or they wont let you access your account.

" sim card is jacked" = kid
    12-04-08 04:34 PM
    did u read the part where it might be in a backup you have?
    In that case, i don't think wiping will help you that much if you're just going to restore from the same backup. Also, I've read your post a few times now and don't have a clear understanding of what your problem is... I know you don't want these ringtones to show up in your list, but I can't tell if they're the ones that aren't working or if all the ringtones aren't working. I also don't know if you have custom ringtones (using the ones you want deleted) assigned to contacts or not.

So, all I can try is:
    1. delete the unwanted files off your phone first (imagine you can do this through media->internal mem->ringtones)
    2. Then create a new backup
    3. Reassign the ringtones to be whatever you want, or remove custom ringtones from the contacts that have the old link?

i understand the frustration, and some of the people here seem to be responding negatively because of the 'tone' of your response... but ignore that, it doesn't help to respond to them negatively.
    12-04-08 04:36 PM
    make sure mom is with you or they wont let you access your account.

" sim card is jacked" = kid
    Stop trolling. I'm 35 and that sounds like something I might say on a forum.
    Granted, TC does sound young and brash, but you don't have to point that out.
    12-04-08 04:38 PM

LOL, the topic just really pis sed me off... idk why. its almost like a trick topic, saying, hah if i say this and purposely make the topic 100% non descript, i will get more people to look at it!
    12-04-08 04:49 PM
    I also keep seeing something along the lines of "SIM card error" on my home screen under the date and time... not really sure why.. hasn't really affected the use of anything on my phone.. just that thing where i didnt have any sound.. but thats all bueno now.. do you have sound yet???? or still no bueno???
    12-04-08 04:50 PM
    woeandfury,
    Did you install your ringtones the correct way? using the media manager?�

Or

Did you just drag and drop your files once your Storm was sync'ed to your p.c.?�

Are your ringtone files in mp3 format, what... please provide more information on your ringtones (music files)...
    12-04-08 04:50 PM
    pesonally.. i dont see why it is such a horrible problem.. to have a few extra crapy ringtones on your phone.. as long as they arent stuck as your ringer.. which apparently isnt working..
    12-04-08 04:52 PM
    thank you....

yes they are custom, they are mp3 files, short ones like 30 sec. or less and they were assigned, problem though i cant find where to delete them. they arent in the file directories, or though the media manager.
    12-04-08 05:13 PM
    I solved the issue i believe, i uninstalled, wiped the phone, and formatted the micro sd. i then reinstalled all my software and used the media manager for everything not just some things, and that seemed to solve my issue, thanks to those that were helping.
    12-04-08 07:15 PM
    I wasted time up may waist here !!!!
    12-07-08 06:08 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD