Has anybody had any experience making a claim against the 4.99/month insurance Verizon offers? Good/Bad? I believe it's call Assurion.
    01-04-09 03:32 PM
    I've made two claims.
    You can do it online.
    They charge you a flat fee of $50. They 2nd day ship it. Once you receive the phone, you send the old one back in a box they give you.
    01-04-09 03:34 PM
    yeah in terms of verizons insurance that they offer, it is steller, if its a problem with the phone, theyll replace it hands down no questions asked, i once stepped on my old phone which i didn't have insurance on it, they gave me a one time insurance claim for it. this is where verizon excels, service is the best period.
    01-04-09 03:37 PM
    Anybody have a Storm replaced yet?
    01-04-09 03:38 PM
    Anybody have a Storm replaced yet?
    lol check out every other post on this forum
    01-04-09 03:39 PM
    They're all done under insurance claims, or warranty relacements?
    01-04-09 03:40 PM
    I think he's talking about having it replaced using the insurance. I haven't but I did use my Assurion insurance two or three times with my Treo with no problems. If you use it, keep your battery. They don't need it and an extra is nice to have on hand.
    01-04-09 03:41 PM
    My main gripe about the insurance option is they often send you a refurbished unit.

Posted from my CrackBerry
    at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by GADGET-GEEK; 01-04-09 at 03:45 PM.
    01-04-09 03:42 PM
    The insurance is definetley worth the 5 $ a month. I've used it fir a pearl and a curve. They do usualy send you a refurb, but its better than paying full retail for a phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 03:47 PM
    Yeah, I read atheir brochure and they do say they can send a refurb at their discretion, blemishes and all. But, if you lose or trash a Storm, $50 for a refurb ain't bad.
    01-04-09 03:47 PM
    Think I'll sign up.
    01-04-09 03:50 PM
    Yeah, I read atheir brochure and they do say they can send a refurb at their discretion, blemishes and all. But, if you lose or trash a Storm, $50 for a refurb ain't bad.
    $50 plus $5 a month for every month you've had your phone equals...

01-04-09 03:50 PM
    I used it twice and had no problem other than the fact that since I used it twice in a 12 month period and they sent me a bad boy letter teling me i could no longer have insurance on the number, until either.....

1. one year from the date of the last claim had passed.. or
    2. I got a new phone for that number.

other than that, service was good and expediant.
    01-04-09 03:51 PM
    Just keep this in mind, when you get a replacement unit you most likely will be getting some elses headache storm. Doesn't it come with a one year manufacturers warranty?

01-04-09 03:56 PM
    Both of my Treo replacements appeared "like new" and certainly looked and operated a Helluva lot better than what I sent them.
    01-04-09 03:58 PM
    defiantly worth it ive called in a few before. if you have something wrong with the phone within a year of purchase VZW will almost always take it back no questions unless your little red dot on the battery or wherever it is hasnt changed colors indicating that the phone has had water damage
    01-04-09 04:07 PM
    Normally I don't get insurance for phones because of the monthly fees and the $50 rate you have to pay for the replacement. All the phones I have ever owned were that amount (12 months x $5 + the $50) or less. THIS phone, however, I would recommend getting insurance as the replacement cost is going to be a LOT more than that. Having said that, I don't currently have insurance on mine.

I thought Verizon gave 1 year replacement on phones? That's what happened with my 8830 one time. Is it different with the Storm?
    01-04-09 04:11 PM
    My old Treo has firmware issues and everytime I brought it in, they exchanged the phone for me, both times, no questions asked.

I've stuck with Verizon for this reason.
    01-04-09 04:15 PM
    Normally I don't get insurance for phones because of the monthly fees and the $50 rate you have to pay for the replacement. All the phones I have ever owned were that amount (12 months x $5 + the $50) or less. THIS phone, however, I would recommend getting insurance as the replacement cost is going to be a LOT more than that. Having said that, I don't currently have insurance on mine.

I thought Verizon gave 1 year replacement on phones? That's what happened with my 8830 one time. Is it different with the Storm?
    Not sure on the 1 year warrenty, but the insurance is just that, insurance just incase something happens. You don't know if you will ever use it, or if it will be in 12 months or 5 months. So you can't judge it by how many months you've had it and the $50 and say it would be cheaper or more expensive and decide that way. IMO, its nice to have just incase.
    01-04-09 04:33 PM
    $50 plus $5 a month for every month you've had your phone equals...

is a 170....far less than the 500 retail for a new phone....and that 170 is if you even keep your phone for 2 years, which I most certainly do not.
    01-04-09 04:34 PM
    Of course, a warranty replacement is preferable to an insurance claim. However, if you get the phone wet, kiss a warranty replacement goodbye. If you have the insurance, you'd get a replacement (possibly a refurb) for $50. Not bad considering that the alternative is nada.
    01-04-09 04:34 PM
    VZW has two types of insurance. WPP and TEC. WPP is $4.99 and covers Lost, Stolen, Water damage and Physical damage. The TEC insurance is $5.99 and covers the same as WPP except will cover your manufacturers warranty for months 13-24.

You can file 2 claims in a 12 month period. After that, Asurion will cancel your insurance out. Its $50 for the replacement phone and is sent priority overnight.

I had to file a claim on a Voyager, and it was new in box. So, you're not always going to get a refurb.
    01-04-09 04:36 PM
    Just keep this in mind, when you get a replacement unit you most likely will be getting some elses headache storm. Doesn't it come with a one year manufacturers warranty?

I went on a tour of the Asurion facility last year and they put those phones through a lot of different tests and inspections. I think it would be safe to say that you are getting just as good of a phone as you would at the time of purchase (and in some cases better). No, I do not work for them but I just thought I would give my two cents.
    01-04-09 04:57 PM
    is a 170....far less than the 500 retail for a new phone....and that 170 is if you even keep your phone for 2 years, which I most certainly do not.
    How do you get $170? Just curious.
    01-04-09 05:13 PM
    $5 x 24 months = $120 + $50 deductable = $170
    01-04-09 05:16 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD