So I called in to verizon wireless today and complained about the fact that I have had 5 replacement storms since December and am close to having to get another one. After an hour or so of bs'ing with the supervisor, they informed me that there was an update that has MANY improved features for the storm. They also said that it was to be released within the next month.

I was just wondering if any of you had the change log from .75 to .148 and if you would be able to post it. (.148) is probably going to be the new OS.
    05-23-09 05:25 PM
    Changelog is posted in the OS forum.

As to an actual update from VZ....bwahahahahaaaa

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 05:30 PM
    why are you on your 5th storm?
    05-23-09 05:34 PM
    Meh info from vzw employees is worthless. No offense to those of u who are.. But anything regarding an update is hearsay and no one hear cares about hearsay..

I don't want a 4.7 official. We've waited this long vzw needs to just get 5.0 up and running.

05-23-09 05:43 PM
    verizon? update? this BS again?
    05-23-09 05:43 PM
    Who cares....we have leaks.

05-23-09 05:50 PM
    Truthfully, I think verizon and RIM should get together and hire some of the developers on this website. Then sit them all together for a weekend to pound out the best updates/ improvements for the storm. Then have them test it for about a week and finally release it to the public. Total time invested: less than 2 weeks... potential improvement in customer satisfaction: massive. Anything short of that is a waste of my time and insult to my intelligence.... I hope VZ is listening!!!
    05-23-09 05:55 PM
    I wish I were able to get a leak working...I spent hours trying various techniques that were posted and some variations of said techniques to no avail. :-(
    Anyway, I spoke with a tech support lady this afternoon and we were both commiserating that it hadn't been released as she gets that question a lot. Hopefully the supervisor is correct but I'll believe it when I see it.
    Last edited by cepwin; 05-23-09 at 06:04 PM.
    05-23-09 05:57 PM
    Ya the new update is the STORM 2....we got to face that RIM has been playing games with us along with verizon..they made a phone that fails most of the time.. time for another upgrade.im just like u about to go on my 5th storm
    05-23-09 05:58 PM
    "ptimisic"

I think you put the wrong syllable on the wrong emphasys.
    05-23-09 06:00 PM
    Truthfully, I think verizon and RIM should get together and hire some of the developers on this website. Then sit them all together for a weekend to pound out the best updates/ improvements for the storm. Then have them test it for about a week and finally release it to the public. Total time invested: less than 2 weeks... potential improvement in customer satisfaction: massive. Anything short of that is a waste of my time and insult to my intelligence.... I hope VZ is listening!!!
    Damn straight, that would be a great idea but we all know VZ and RIM would not enact upon it.
    05-23-09 06:05 PM
    Who needs a verizon update when the leaks are getting better?

05-23-09 06:12 PM
    anyone who keeps saying "who cares because we have leaks" are clueless.

No everyone can just load a leak on there phone. Many BES customers are not able to load anything that isnt release officially. MAC owners are kind of left out also. I am grateful for leaks but leaks dont solve everyones problem. I am not saying an official release will but it will make the strom better for many out there that are still on .75
    05-23-09 06:18 PM
    Verizon knows nothing hehe they did it to shut you up which it seemed to work
    05-23-09 06:38 PM
    Major Fail.

05-23-09 07:06 PM
    Its gotten to the point to where.....ya don't even know how to respond to these threads anymore.

05-23-09 08:22 PM
    Great, another n00b posting useless information.

I find it real funny that every time one of these threads gets started it is someone with less than 10 posts. Useless!
    05-23-09 08:33 PM
    My sister works for Verizon, and her answer is always consistent whenever I ask her when will Verizon release an official OS: "I don't know, man! Stop asking."

05-23-09 09:02 PM
    sounds like he got tired of your complaining and made some s**t up. I mean come on... 5 replacements?
    05-23-09 09:45 PM
    anyone who keeps saying "who cares because we have leaks" are clueless.

No everyone can just load a leak on there phone. Many BES customers are not able to load anything that isnt release officially. MAC owners are kind of left out also. I am grateful for leaks but leaks dont solve everyones problem. I am not saying an official release will but it will make the strom better for many out there that are still on .75
    I forgot those on the Enterprise Server can't really download anything that is not official, and then there are the Apple problems, so yes, you are very right. But I have to say, these leaks are getting better and better. I do hope they come out with an official one so everyone can share in the fun.
    05-23-09 10:07 PM

I find it real funny that every time one of these threads gets started it is someone with less than 10 posts. Useless!
    I find it real funny that you took the time to post all that negative word-puke. Do you feel cool now?

05-23-09 10:37 PM
    I find it real funny that you took the time to post all that negative word-puke. Do you feel cool now?

I do actually, but only because I am sitting in a air conditioned room.

Let me ask you, do you feel cool now? Funny how you do exactly what I did then criticize me for it. Now that is the pot calling the kettle black.
    05-24-09 10:16 AM
    My sister works for Verizon, and her answer is always consistent whenever I ask her when will Verizon release an official OS: "I don't know, man! Stop asking."

Now THAT I believe...

05-24-09 12:27 PM
    change log on 1st page of findings thread, but only the improvements from .141 to .148, the whole change log includes fixes of
    .75 to .113
    .113 to .141
    .141 to .148
    since the last OS to be approved is .75

i read it, its like 7 MS word pages long
    05-24-09 02:07 PM

It's because those n00b's, for those of us who use English....new to the forum...are finding out they have a faulty phone and are concerned about it. All you technical experts should try to be a bit more understanding. I too have been lied to by phone reps and my store rep. It's going to be a major point in laws suits.

Here's an offical response on May 23rd, 2009 from Verizon Customer Service.

Disclosing any unconfirmed information that may be subject to change could raise expectations that may not be met. At this time, we are unable to state if/when an update for the Blackberry Storm will become available as no information has been given. We understand and sincerely apologize for any frustration and would like to encourage you to sign up for email updates so you can receive information regarding our new products and services

No information? I have been told for almost six months "in two weeks"..."by the end of the month" from Customer Service phone support and my local store sales rep.
    05-24-09 02:16 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD