I called a storm carrying friend yesterday and the voice mail greeting said to press 4 to send a fax. Verizon's support page makes a vague reference to fax support. Does anyone have any feedback if and how this works?

I would love to drop my home phone but the fax machine is needed a few times a month.
    02-21-09 12:03 AM
    I called a storm carrying friend yesterday and the voice mail greeting said to press 4 to send a fax. Verizon's support page makes a vague reference to fax support. Does anyone have any feedback if and how this works?

I would love to drop my home phone but the fax machine is needed a few times a month.
    It sucks. You still have to give it a fax number to get it to print out. Pretty worthless IMO. They should make it so it creates a tif or pdf file on your phone. I already have that though through Unified messenger and outlook at work.
    02-21-09 06:15 PM
    There are several online fax services available.

I've used TrustFax for a couple years. Works great with the storm (incoming and outgoing). Incoming are pdfs, outgoing can be pics, docs etc.

There are some free options, if you only use it occassionally, also.
    02-21-09 06:51 PM
    what the OP is referring to is the enhanced voicemail..that gives an option for storing more voicemails and for double the regular period...it also gives your callers the option of leaving a fax on your cell...the catch, like one of the posters mentioned is that when you want to print it out, you will have to go to that message and into options, then give out a local fax number so that it can be printed out...very lame....esp since this service is extra.

I use K7.net - its free and sends your faxes to you in TIF/PDF format...you can also use it for VM...similar setup as Youmail but with fax receive capability....
    02-21-09 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD