I'm just ranting right now...I'm pissed that i pay $105/month before taxes for my storm plan and my brother only pays $70 after taxes for his iPhone service. Only difference between us is he has 450 mins/month and my plan has 900 mins/month. Even if i drop my mins, it only goes down $20. That is still a $15 difference for two phones that are offering the same type of services. Granted I know Verizon's coverage, service and customer service is better than AT&T's but I just wanted to b*tch about how I think we should be paying the same prices since both phones basically do the same things under the same type of plans. Bad night.
    01-28-09 11:44 PM
    thats where the extra 15 comes in, you're getting much better service all around!
    01-28-09 11:51 PM
    Is he getting some sort of discount? Last time I checked the prices were exactly the same except that with Verizon the VVM was an additional $3. Maybe they changed their pricing structure since then? Also, you should be paying $110 for 900 minutes plus Blackberry web ($79.99 + 29.99).

Edit: Oops, I was assuming you both had unlimited txt and all that too. GOing to AT$T site now to see how they all compare.
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 01-29-09 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Edit
    01-28-09 11:59 PM
    uhmmm I disagree with both!! I have tested internet speeds with both phones, now remember internet is coming from the 3G that the provider is supplying...my older brother has the Storm I have the Bold and the Bold connects,browses,and functions wayyyy faster than the Storm on Verizons EVDO aka 3G!!!
    01-29-09 12:00 AM
    Yeah my bro's iPhone browses wayyy faster too but I was thinking maybe that is b/c he is connected to our router as well.
    01-29-09 12:05 AM
    OK, I just added them up based on my calling plan. I have the 450 select, which includes unlimited MMS/SMS messaging plus blackberry web and Visual Voicemail. Total on Verizon comes to $93 (rounded).

On AT$T it would be:

$39.99 for the 450 minute voice plan.
    $20 for unlimited iPhone txt messaging (a rip-off since the iPhone can't do anything else EXCEPT txt.).
    $30 for iPhone web access.

Total: $90

So, something seems funny here. I'd check and make sure you have the same services.

As for 3G speeds,it just depends on where you are, among other things. I find that the Storm kicks the iPhone's a$$ as long as I don't use the Blackberry browser. With the Blackberry browser they are about the same. This is at home.
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 01-29-09 at 12:16 AM. Reason: edit
    01-29-09 12:14 AM
    as far as rates its all in the same ballpark for cost per month give or take 4-7 a month!! as far as reception and constant reception...hands down AT&T 3G!!!! internet connects,loads,refreshes, and browses FASTER than VZW's EDVO network! ive had VZW and there were more times than not a page would not even load, or just have the loading wheel forever and ever like hmmmm 4-5min, where as with AT&T 3G pages will and do load within 10-15sec!
    01-29-09 12:21 AM
    It's not even a comparison. You get what you pay for.

As someone who travels often, VZW is the way to go. Now if you're lucky enough to live in an area with outstanding AT&T service, more power to you. I couldn't do that to myself though.
    01-29-09 08:27 AM
    Does iPhone have email capabilities like BIS?

I had AT&T before and out of VZ and AT&T, I'll take VZ any day of the year even if its slightly pricey
    Last edited by y2bandit; 01-29-09 at 10:41 AM.
    01-29-09 10:38 AM
    Oops! I felt a button being pushed. I switched from VZ (whom I was pleased with) to ATT for the Curve. I am now back with VZ and as far as my experience between the two, night & day. VZ in my area (that political cesspool known as Chicago), better coverage & quality and far better service. Their customer support people handle everything. Everytime I called ATT, they weren't qualified to handle my issue so on to another dept.>transferred--sit on hold> same blah-blah-blah>transferred--sit on hold again: 45min go by and I'm late for work. I couldn't wait for my contract to run out so I could run away from them ASAP! VZ so far has been great. I don't mind paying a little more. The only thing I miss is the roll-over minutes. Oh well!
    01-29-09 10:12 PM
    You've got to be signed up for stuff you dont need, or you arent factoring in other costs.

The plans are essentially the same

$40 for 450mins and ~$20/month for ~400 minute incriments
    $30 data plan, unless you're doing BES
    $20 for unlimited texting (or 5000texts/unlimited Verizon).

you should be at like $95. Sounds like your brother either is getting a discount and/or he doesnt have a texting plan.

I know I only pay $76 for mine, admittedly I get a discount, but even if I didn't my plan wouldnt be more than ~$90/month.
    01-29-09 10:55 PM
    Details for: XXX-XXX-XXXX
    NATIONWIDE EMAIL & MSG 900 MINS UNL BBERRY + N&W + IN + MSG $119.99 1107 Change Plan Contract Ends on 11/22/10

From my account at verizon.com
    01-29-09 11:00 PM
    We actually switched from att to verizon the iphone and storm's plan had the same price but we got a discount through verizon making it a lot cheaper

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 11:20 PM
    We actually switched from att to verizon the iphone and storm's plan had the same price but we got a discount through verizon making it a lot cheaper

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have a corporate discount, which is more than the one AT&T offers me, which is why I chose VZ. But those rates are pre-discount.
    01-29-09 11:49 PM
    At 70$ for the iPhone plan, he must be getting a discount because I use to own one and have many friends that own them and they are NOT that cheap per month. As for your problem, get a new job that offers a company discount towards your monthly bill .
    01-30-09 10:29 AM
    My boss has the Bold and I have the Storm and his phone pauses to buffer a lot on youtube and mine doesn't.... so based on that I dont think ATT is faster in our area when it comes to 3G
    01-30-09 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD