things happen. theres a thing on ur vzw account for ur address. make sure its right on there. and next time they have to send you something just say the address on my acct. then its fool proof. but things happen.

this does not make them incompitant, it was a mistake. im sure if u called they would gladly credit you, **** they credit you if you have a minor outage.
    I know... how many times do I have to say that I was being harsh in my first post. I wish I could just change the title... I had just come out of knee surgery and was on pain medicine when I wrote my first post, and I was just frustrated.
    12-26-08 02:29 AM
    I'm reading back a long ways in this thread and don't want to wade through pages vitriol, even if it is entertaining. I just want to say 3 things.

1. To Vulcanrider500... if YOU are representative of Verizon reps, no wonder people are getting upset.. at Verizon. Do you treat your face to face customers like this? If so, please give us your store number and location so we can see what your manager (or if you claim to be the manager) what your regional manager (or higher perhaps?) thinks of how you treat a faceless, nameless Verizon customer on a BB forum, who had a legitimate issue. And btw, you treated him worse when you found out he was just a teenager. Its so easy to unload on powerless people on the internet, no? (I realize you have a bajillion CBF posts, but maybe it's inversely proportional to your time spent helping customers?) Yes I'm kidding, but seriously...

2. It appears that SaMaster has edited his first post so I can't really see what all this "talk of wealth and G35's" is all about, but the kid did say he was just ranting and he DID have a REAL (and IMAO) -MAJOR- CS issue. I wouldn't last several hours without my phone (ok, maybe.. but just maybe) .. much less several days (or more) that Verizon is saddling this CUSTOMER (age irregardless) without his phone. Can any of you honestly say that if this happened to YOU, you wouldn't be in Verizon's store THAT DAY demanding they give you a replacement? I would. So what if he's a kid who doesn't "need" his phone. The legitimate point remains: Vz CS BLEW IT (and not in a good way).. everything else is just strawman and ad-hominem arguments... including my own!

3. Some other third thing...
    12-26-08 11:22 AM
    I only edited my first post to try and change the title. There was never any talk of wealth, they were bringing that up from another thread about cars, that has nothing to do with this thread.
    Thanks for your points. That was why I was frustrated.
    12-26-08 12:02 PM
    You can entertain yourself for a while SaMaster by googling "logical fallacies" to see how many were used against you, but suffice it to say that when people don't have a REAL argument to address your position, they will attack you personally and/or bring up unrelated issues to distract from your initial premise.

I will gladly reiterate that you were treated poorly by Verizon, have a right to complain, and some "adults" here on CBF didn't do a whole lot better.

Be well!
    12-26-08 03:37 PM
    I'm reading back a long ways in this thread and don't want to wade through pages vitriol, even if it is entertaining. I just want to say 3 things.

1. To Vulcanrider500... if YOU are representative of Verizon reps, no wonder people are getting upset.. at Verizon. Do you treat your face to face customers like this? If so, please give us your store number and location so we can see what your manager (or if you claim to be the manager) what your regional manager (or higher perhaps?) thinks of how you treat a faceless, nameless Verizon customer on a BB forum, who had a legitimate issue. And btw, you treated him worse when you found out he was just a teenager. Its so easy to unload on powerless people on the internet, no? (I realize you have a bajillion CBF posts, but maybe it's inversely proportional to your time spent helping customers?) Yes I'm kidding, but seriously...
    I work in a call center. I have no face to face contact with customers. I appreciate your comments about being too rough on this kid. If you look back at my CB posts, you will see that I don't spend a lot of time defending my job but actually to helping others. Again, thanks for your concerns about me and my posting in this message thread.
    12-28-08 10:18 PM
    Its all good bro. We all need a body check once in a while... usually I'm the one in need of restraint.

Be Well!
    12-31-08 03:35 PM
    People make mistakes. Customer service isn't easy. They're human.
    02-23-09 10:43 PM
    ROFL!!! I hate to beat a dead horse, but I just read this post and have to comment. While reading it I had to stop, scroll back to the top of the page and check something real fast.

And to my astonishment, it is the "Rants & Raves Forum!!"

Why is someone getting flamed for Ranting and Raving in the "Rants & Raves forum?" lol .. I'm sorry I find that flippin hilarious.

I'm ok with people trying to defend the actions of VZW, however attacking the one who is venting is ridiculous. Let them vent.
    02-24-09 11:43 AM
    ROFL!!! I hate to beat a dead horse, but I just read this post and have to comment. While reading it I had to stop, scroll back to the top of the page and check something real fast.

And to my astonishment, it is the "Rants & Raves Forum!!"

Why is someone getting flamed for Ranting and Raving in the "Rants & Raves forum?" lol .. I'm sorry I find that flippin hilarious.

I'm ok with people trying to defend the actions of VZW, however attacking the one who is venting is ridiculous. Let them vent.
    Because this is the Storm Thread- And Anyone Who makes a Complaint against the Storm, Gets Stoned For Being A Which, Then Burned at the Stake.

Regardless if it's in the Rants and Raves Section or Not.

Sad, But True, Don't Ask Why...

Unfortunately, The Mods Never Step In To Intervene and Put Naysayers in their Place when it Happens.

You Would Think That in the Rants and Raves Section, Storm Naysayers Would Have a Small Safehaven.

This isn't the case sadly.

Where's the CB version of FEMA?

Surely the Storm is the equivalent of Hurricane Katrina!
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 02-24-09 at 11:51 AM.
    02-24-09 11:45 AM
84 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD