You've been with Vzw for 5 years, since you were 10 years old.
    You've been studying Martial Arts for 12 years, since you were 3 years old
    You set up your own TV at 4 years old.

WoW ... pretty good kid, most impressive.
    12-24-08 08:09 AM
    I find, reading by humbly, that someone wants the crack back and all you people can say is be more patient. How hypocritical! 500$ is a hefty sum. If I had to put that amount out TWICE, I would certainly expect the optimum results in a timely manner. Everybody payed their 500$ and got their phone- it is not the customer's concern if the business is swamped or not (that's the American public, and for good reason). "Is my 500$ worth any less than his 500$? I'd expect the same results from somebody else who payed the same amount, if not more for paying the amount twice over." It is known as consistency. I wouldn't agree that Verizon is incompetent, as they are incredibly competent in the wireless industry. From this report, it seems inconsistent is the more accurate term.

I'm sorry, but I just couldn't watch the roast any longer.
    He did not pay $500.00 out of pocket for the wrong phone that was sent to him and he is not going to lay out another $500.00 for the replacement. Yes, $500 shows up on his bill BUT he only has to pay it if he does not return the phones to Verizon. Verizon isn't in the business in giving away free phones.

Also, to the OP, Verizon placed the order for a Storm (that's why a charge for the Storm appeared) it's the warehouse that screwed up when they picked it out to ship. The person that placed the order for you is not the same person that then goes down to th warehouse to get it and box it up. Don't blame VZW. Also, this is the season where everything is crazy, there are 1000000's of other people like you placing orders for phones for gifts so the occasional screw up is inevitable. Just like driving, the are a lot of people on the road, it's inevitable that an accident is going to happen.
    12-24-08 08:29 AM
    I did all the colors correctly, but that back of my TV has about 25 different slots for colors. I tried almost every combination I could, and the sound works but I get no picture, and that is what my problem is.

As for my storm. The Operating System is in a "loop" or something. I can't restart the phone. I put the battery in and it just goes into a loop of restarting. I took it to the store, they said there was nothing I could do and that I needed a replacement, and they would send it no problem. I tried to wipe the phone and re-upload the OS, but my computer doesn't recognize it. It sees the storm for about 30 seconds, than when it starts rebooting again, it looses sight of the storm... so I can't wipe it or do anything with the DM for that matter. I tried for hours and finally I just called them and asked for a new storm.

Follow this exactly and you'll have yourself a working Storm before the day is out. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

As for your video games systems, call up your bro with the Ferrari and let me drive it. I'll install all your A/V stuff for free.
    12-24-08 08:32 AM
    I'm 15 but this has nothing to do with anything about my age or what I can get. As I said, I was just angry and I'm mad that I got the wrong phone and will be without a phone for a while.
    ahhh, to be 15 again, where your biggest problem is no phone or wrong phone. sounds nice actually.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 12-24-08 at 08:41 AM.
    12-24-08 08:37 AM
    Also, to the OP, Verizon placed the order for a Storm (that's why a charge for the Storm appeared) it's the warehouse that screwed up when they picked it out to ship. The person that placed the order for you is not the same person that then goes down to th warehouse to get it and box it up. Don't blame VZW. Also, this is the season where everything is crazy, there are 1000000's of other people like you placing orders for phones for gifts so the occasional screw up is inevitable. Just like driving, the are a lot of people on the road, it's inevitable that an accident is going to happen.
    VERY WELL PUT, it's too bad that most people do not grasp this concept on how things work. When I ordered my Storm it came a week sooner than I was quoted
    12-24-08 08:44 AM
    Dear OP,

SHUT THE **** UP. You have just witnessed a mistake. In the real world they happen. If your really that upset just have daddy and mommy BUY VZW and fire the sap who sent you the wrong phone. Then we could all have "SPOILED LITTLE *****" branded BB's. I will now thank god everyday you are not my child.

ps
    if you can't figure out how to hook up a tv... It goes real quick if you smack your head into a wall, open your eyes and read.
    12-24-08 08:50 AM
    Ummm yeah, helps if you read. Verizon was called to REPLACE a broken Storm. With the Storms for some reason Verizon is charging people for replacements and then reversing the charge once they receive the old phone back. This was never done once in the past with any other phone. The customer was only charged full retail for the replacement phone if they never sent the old one back or if the old one had damage to it that the client never mentioned when requesting a replacement under warranty. This must be some new BS tactic for Verizon with the Storm. Something tells me they just don't want to spend their own money to buy the new replacements from RIM. I guess they spent too much on the Alltel deal.
    12-24-08 08:53 AM
    Ummm yeah, helps if you read. Verizon was called to REPLACE a broken Storm. With the Storms for some reason Verizon is charging people for replacements and then reversing the charge once they receive the old phone back. This was never done once in the past with any other phone. The customer was only charged full retail for the replacement phone if they never sent the old one back or if the old one had damage to it that the client never mentioned when requesting a replacement under warranty. This must be some new BS tactic for Verizon with the Storm. Something tells me they just don't want to spend their own money to buy the new replacements from RIM. I guess they spent too much on the Alltel deal.
    Yes I did read what the OP posted. They've done it this way with every high priced phone they have when there is a request for a replacment. I'm in IT and a small part of my job is maintaining the company Blackberries and Windows Mobile phones. Any time a replacement is needed for either one of the smart phones, a hold is placed on the account for the full retail amount of the phone being replaced until the old one is returned. Whether it is for a new replacement or a refurb under warranty. It has been like this for as long as I can remember.
    12-24-08 09:28 AM
    If you guys read most of my posts, I did say that in my first post I was a bit harsh, I had just gotten back from knee surgery, and I had pain medicine and I was just angry and wanted to get it off my chest.

I further explained in other posts that it was just a mistake and I wasn't really that mad at verizon, just mad at the fact that I didn't have a phone.

And yes, I have had a phone since I was 10(it was one of those VZW prepaid ones and I had that for a couple of years, barely used it, my godfather got it for me and I didn't even really want it).
    I have been studying martial arts since I was about 3 1/2 almost 4.
    I never said anything about setting up TVs at 4 years old. My TV is just very complicated, its all has many different inputs and outputs and different sources and stuff, its not just a normal TV. It is like one of those "in home theater" type TV set ups, that are done professionally and what not. Plus, my dad isn't gonna let me go through like 50 wires to put in a game....

And please, stop yelling at me like I keep saying that I hate Verizon. I have explained MANY times that I was angry about not having a phone. It was a mistake by Verizon and I'm not mad at them, their customer service is great, and they are very nice, it was just one mistake....
    12-24-08 01:01 PM
    Yes I did read what the OP posted. They've done it this way with every high priced phone they have when there is a request for a replacment. I'm in IT and a small part of my job is maintaining the company Blackberries and Windows Mobile phones. Any time a replacement is needed for either one of the smart phones, a hold is placed on the account for the full retail amount of the phone being replaced until the old one is returned. Whether it is for a new replacement or a refurb under warranty. It has been like this for as long as I can remember.
    I do the same thing and I've never had VZW place a hold on the account or cc of any type during a swap. Some swaps have even happened for XV6800 devices which we all know were the most expensive unit VZW had up until last month. This is simply not true. A charge in incurred ONLY if the device is not returned. I'm sorry your experience is different, but until the Storm came out (not even really that expensive of a phone when you look at it in terms of retail vs subsidized), which I find extremely fishy.

SaMaster, read your PMs on a possible fix for your current Storm.
    12-24-08 01:07 PM
    VzW charged my card for a replacement Voyager in April and was common practice for all the Voyagers (as noted on the Voyager forum). So ... I don't believe this practice started with the Storm, at least in my experience. Actually, it's not a charge, should show as pending. If returned on time, the charge never goes through.
    12-24-08 02:35 PM
    They must be having some billing software issues.. But if the resultant of your transactions doesn't cost you anything.. why does it matter? I frankly don't think they should have these problems but problems do occur. These anomalies are rare but when it happens, it's inconvenient. But it is just inconvenient..

Let's not make ourself into victims. If you don't have a phone, why don't you read some book.

I recommend "Mama Cat's Adventures in Child Training Presents: No Whining" It's an easy read. It only has 32 pages and has a full of pictures.
    Maybe read "Happier: Learn the Secrets to Daily Joy and Lasting Fulfillment by Tal Ben-Shahar" If you have lots of time. This book doesn't have any pictures and has 224 pages.

A problem with a phone shouldn't cause a person to have a grand hissy fit at age of 15. I guess you putting TV together makes you a Good Willing Hunting? Your diatribes negate your self-advertised/self-claim Einstein IQ.
    12-24-08 07:25 PM
    plasticberry, I don't think you read any of my posts? most of what you said just isn't true. LOL

Oh, btw, I got my new phone and its great.

FOR MY FIRST POST, I HAD JUST HAD SURGERY, I WAS ON PAIN MEDICINE AND I JUST WANTED TO GET THE FRUSTRATION OF NOT HAVING A PHONE OFF MY CHEST.
    how many times can I say that? I was harsh and wrong. Vzw is great, they were very nice, they just made a small mistake that frustrated me.
    12-24-08 07:47 PM
    If you have a problem with your Storm DO NOT take it to a verizon tech. If you cannot get it figured out
    From crack berry I guarantee you will know more than their tech. Then that tech will call thw same
    VZW tech as you or I and do all the same crap as you did on the phone the day before. Only go if its
    your last ditch effort to get a new phone and are verifying with the tech.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 11:44 PM
    You are correct about the return credit. I'm one of those borderline ******** VZW reps. All I can ask is what your job is and if you ever or anyone who you work with has ever erred.

Merry Christmas
    wait, so if my storm breaks they are going to charge my credit card $540 until i send the old one back?

that is completely unacceptable if thats true.

unless they charge it to your bill, in that case i wouldnt care cause then its never taken off my credit card.
    12-25-08 01:12 AM
    Civic, its not their first new BS tactic with the storm.

the sneaky $35 restocking fee is the other. started when they realized how buggy the phone was going to be. without it their return rate woule probably be 80%!

my rep tells me that there is no fee if i return it in 30 days. i say ok. there billing system is down, they give me everything handwritten (like the old day contracts)

i pickup the receipt a week later and when i ask again about returning it, they say yeah $35, it says it on the bottom of your receipt, you cant claim you didnt know about it. I am like WTF! you never gave me said receipt till it was too late!

(i would have still gotten the phone, but its still the principal of the thing)
    12-25-08 01:16 AM
    So why does a 15 year old have a Storm? I mean, I can understand being mad if this is your only link to the outside world and if every phone call or message you sent had extreme importance. So chill out, have a glass of milk, and thank God you have a roof over your head. Oh, kiss your parents while you're at it.
    Merry Christmas
    ~D
    12-25-08 11:50 AM
    Tung Su Doe and Wing Chun Kung Fu(with some bogwa and Tai chi mixed in). I've been doing martial arts for about 12 years.
    nothing like jijitsu or Muay Thai. I thought you where training in one of the good martial arts ^_^
    12-25-08 02:20 PM
    nothing like jijitsu or Muay Thai. I thought you where training in one of the good martial arts ^_^
    Well actually, one of my instructors is a master in over 30 different styles, including the ones you mentioned, and I have learned a bit of jiu-jitsu from him, and one of my other instructors works with muay thai as well.
    12-25-08 10:13 PM
    If I have to see one more thread about how much money this kid has, ill puke. And frankly, due to the fact that all the op seems to ever bring up in any thread is daddy's money, I don't believe he actually has such a wealthy family. We all know that those of us who really do have money don't advertise it.

12-25-08 10:52 PM
    My first trip to the new local VZW store is mostly a mixed bag...on one hand, they had many new models on display. On the other, the sotrm was NOT one of them...and as soon as I told them I was only interested in browsing on that day, their attitudes quickly switched to somber and they were in a hurry to rush me out of the store. I was the only one in there besides the two, so it seemed they had some conversation to which they wanted to return. Off-putting if you ask me... But if I want to get a storm, I have to go through them, so looks like I have to strap on the party hat and trudge through it.

-My VZW story
    12-25-08 11:16 PM
    ive had no probs getting replacement phones. my first one was overnited to me and my 2nd one was 2dayed to me. both times i got emials thanking me for my storm order (as if it were new) and they were both new phones. so im happy.

sounds like u are gettin the run around
    12-26-08 01:14 AM
    If I have to see one more thread about how much money this kid has, ill puke. And frankly, due to the fact that all the op seems to ever bring up in any thread is daddy's money, I don't believe he actually has such a wealthy family. We all know that those of us who really do have money don't advertise it.

I just say I don't have money. Makes life easier.
    ~D
    12-26-08 01:16 AM

When was money brought into this?? i'm confused...

and can't we close this thread or something, I have my new Storm and I'm happy with it. I've always loved the phone, I was just mad that Verizon messed up....

Btw, if you look at most of my posts, they don't have anything to do with money, just really in that Cars thread.. and well, cars do cost money..

Oh, and again, Verizon was nice, they just messed up. First replacement, they sent me the wrong phone, second one, they sent it to the wrong address, but we called FedEx and fixed that problem fast, so that I still got the phone the same day.
    Last edited by SaMaster14; 12-26-08 at 01:38 AM.
    12-26-08 01:36 AM
    things happen. theres a thing on ur vzw account for ur address. make sure its right on there. and next time they have to send you something just say the address on my acct. then its fool proof. but things happen.

this does not make them incompitant, it was a mistake. im sure if u called they would gladly credit you, **** they credit you if you have a minor outage.
    12-26-08 02:20 AM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD