Tung Su Doe and Wing Chun Kung Fu(with some bogwa and Tai chi mixed in). I've been doing martial arts for about 12 years.

And when I was 15 would have still kicked your ***! People like you, who wear their wealth on their shoulder are the ones who got battered in high school.
    12-23-08 08:17 PM
    Tung Su Doe and Wing Chun Kung Fu(with some bogwa and Tai chi mixed in). I've been doing martial arts for about 12 years.
    Were you trained by Long Duck Dong?
    12-23-08 08:17 PM
    Were you trained by Long Duck Dong?
    not sure who that is sorry. So no.
    12-23-08 08:18 PM
    And when I was 15 would have still kicked your ***! People like you, who wear their wealth on their shoulder are the ones who got battered in high school.
    I'm not saying I'm that wealthy... a lot of my friends have much more than I do. I'm actually quite good at martial arts though... but I must say that post was kinda pointless that you just made..
    12-23-08 08:19 PM
    Very true, but not when you are going to school with other rich kids. In their school the poorest rich kids get picked on for sure.
    12-23-08 08:19 PM
    Very true, but not when you are going to school with other rich kids. In their school the poorest rich kids get picked on for sure.
    At my school, nobody is really picked on. wealth is not an issue and not really spoken about much...
    Again, this thread has nothing to do with wealth. I was just mad I don't have a phone and I was sent the wrong one, it was a mistake, and I just want to get my anger off my chest.
    12-23-08 08:22 PM
    I find, reading by humbly, that someone wants the crack back and all you people can say is be more patient. How hypocritical! 500$ is a hefty sum. If I had to put that amount out TWICE, I would certainly expect the optimum results in a timely manner. Everybody payed their 500$ and got their phone- it is not the customer's concern if the business is swamped or not (that's the American public, and for good reason). "Is my 500$ worth any less than his 500$? I'd expect the same results from somebody else who payed the same amount, if not more for paying the amount twice over." It is known as consistency. I wouldn't agree that Verizon is incompetent, as they are incredibly competent in the wireless industry. From this report, it seems inconsistent is the more accurate term.

I'm sorry, but I just couldn't watch the roast any longer.
    12-23-08 08:25 PM
    not sure who that is sorry. So no.
    On Christmas break, watch 16 Candles.....if your tech can get out and hook up your complicated TV system.
    12-23-08 08:25 PM
    On Christmas break, watch 16 Candles.....if your tech can get out and hook up your complicated TV system.
    ok...
    oh and again, I hope I didn't offend you about that Verizon stuff. I know it was a mistake, and I'm not angry at them, just angry at the fact that I don't have a phone. lol
    12-23-08 08:26 PM
    i was told at the store that the didnt have any but a new customer came i and bought on. Try to go to your store as a new customer and i bet they have one in stock. then trade. if they give you problem call corp right their in the store. This is wrong of them not to sale you one.
    12-23-08 08:26 PM
    I find, reading by humbly, that someone wants the crack back and all you people can say is be more patient. How hypocritical! 500$ is a hefty sum. If I had to put that amount out TWICE, I would certainly expect the optimum results in a timely manner. Everybody payed their 500$ and got their phone- it is not the customer's concern if the business is swamped or not (that's the American public, and for good reason). "Is my 500$ worth any less than his 500$? I'd expect the same results from somebody else who payed the same amount, if not more for paying the amount twice over." It is known as consistency. I wouldn't agree that Verizon is incompetent, as they are incredibly competent in the wireless industry. From this report, it seems inconsistent is the more accurate term.

thanks! I think I was a bit harsh in my title. Verizon has been great for the 5 years I've been with them, other than this one problem. As I said, it really isn't Verizon, it was a mistake, i'm just mad I don't have a phone, and that they charged me for the curve they sent AND the replacement storm I never got.
    12-23-08 08:28 PM

Are you saying that you are under the impression HE payed $500? And to some people 500 dollars is worth more than the next guys. For instance, a man with 100,000k salary is not as affected by 500 dollars as say the poor gentlemen making 25k a year.

EDIT: A major corp. such as VZW should see 500 as 500 though, understood.
    12-23-08 08:36 PM
    i only paid 100 for mine
    12-23-08 08:50 PM
    i only paid 100 for mine
    What does that have to do with anything? this thread has NOTHING to do with money, I'm just upset that I don't have a phone, money isn't an issue....
    12-23-08 08:51 PM
    ok...
    oh and again, I hope I didn't offend you about that Verizon stuff. I know it was a mistake, and I'm not angry at them, just angry at the fact that I don't have a phone. lol
    No Seriously, you have every right to be really annoyed.

In my case, they messed me over. I was supposed to get a replacement Storm shipped. The phone rep told me that I was getting a new Storm (I actually didn't ask that question either). I got a used phone that had scratches on the top and sticker glue on the camera lens and 'Like-New' sticker on it. Looks like they warranteed me... the expire date on the paperwork said 11-5-2010. They moved my expiration date to bump me out of 30 days so they could send me a used one! Remember, first day of Storm was 11-21-2008.

So, maybe it was a mistake, maybe it wasn't.
    12-23-08 08:52 PM
    No Seriously, you have every right to be really annoyed.

In my case, they messed me over. I was supposed to get a replacement Storm shipped. The phone rep told me that I was getting a new Storm (I actually didn't ask that question either). I got a used phone that had scratches on the top and sticker glue on the camera lens and 'Like-New' sticker on it. Looks like they warranteed me... the expire date on the paperwork said 11-5-2010. They moved my expiration date to bump me out of 30 days so they could send me a used one! Remember, first day of Storm was 11-21-2008.

So, maybe it was a mistake, maybe it wasn't.
    No, the guy told me I was within the 30 days, and the person I spoke to today after calling about them sending me the wrong phone said that no matter what, I would get a brand new replacement storm. Since the original phone broke itself within the 30 days.
    12-23-08 08:54 PM
    Dude, seriously, you and your family have enough money to just buy an overpriced one off eBay to tide you over until your replacement comes in.

And btw, you have a Storm, all that money, and you're too incompetant to connect your own technology (tv and game systems) that you need an A/V tech to come and do it. I think you might have found your calling for X-Mas vacation... dive into that, who knows, you might even enjoy it and learn something new. Perhaps it might even be something you'd like to do when you grow up.... or are you one of those that's going to live off daddy's money and take over the company when they grow up?

Anyway, take some Vicodin and you'll forget all about your broken Storm. BTW, what exactly constitues a "broken" Storm for you? Please describe it's problems.... please tell me it's not something software related because I'm going to slap you and then point you in the direction of how to fix it.
    12-23-08 09:02 PM
    No, the guy told me I was within the 30 days, and the person I spoke to today after calling about them sending me the wrong phone said that no matter what, I would get a brand new replacement storm. Since the original phone broke itself within the 30 days.
    Same here. That's what they told me too. I called and ripped into them, so a new one is on the way now. I'm just saying, they seem to be screwing up a lot and people should be angry. They'll never straighten out thier act if we act like we don't care.
    12-23-08 09:02 PM
    I'm 15... My dad is owns a business management firm, but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. And again, as I said, this is the first error I've come across with Verizon, but to me its a big one. I'm now without a phone from Saturday until who knows when. I mean, I was on the phone with the guy for about an hour making sure I was getting a Storm, he confirmed everything and said he was shipping me a storm, and I got a Curve. I mean how hard can it be to send the write phone, especially when the phone has so much hype......
    I really think you should hold your breath until they get it right.
    That will teach them a lesson the won't forget.

BTW, I took an hour to get your order correct? I mean really, a 15 year old should not have to wait more than 11 minutes to order a new replacement phone.
    12-23-08 09:12 PM
    And btw, you have a Storm, all that money, and you're too incompetant to connect your own technology (tv and game systems) that you need an A/V tech to come and do it. I think you might have found your calling for X-Mas vacation... dive into that, who knows, you might even enjoy it and learn something new. Perhaps it might even be something you'd like to do when you grow up.... or are you one of those that's going to live off daddy's money and take over the company when they grow up?
    I would like to challenge this statement.

If everybody did that, we wouldn't need A/V techs any more and USA would get more unemployment. We wouldn't want that, would we ?
    12-23-08 09:16 PM
    And btw, you have a Storm, all that money, and you're too incompetant to connect your own technology (tv and game systems) that you need an A/V tech to come and do it. I think you might have found your calling for X-Mas vacation... dive into that, who knows, you might even enjoy it and learn something new.
    Right? I was like 4 or 5 when Sega Genesis came out, and I was able to connect it to my TV. Matching colors it not a hard concept. Just look at the instruction booklet.
    12-23-08 09:18 PM
    I did all the colors correctly, but that back of my TV has about 25 different slots for colors. I tried almost every combination I could, and the sound works but I get no picture, and that is what my problem is.

As for my storm. The Operating System is in a "loop" or something. I can't restart the phone. I put the battery in and it just goes into a loop of restarting. I took it to the store, they said there was nothing I could do and that I needed a replacement, and they would send it no problem. I tried to wipe the phone and re-upload the OS, but my computer doesn't recognize it. It sees the storm for about 30 seconds, than when it starts rebooting again, it looses sight of the storm... so I can't wipe it or do anything with the DM for that matter. I tried for hours and finally I just called them and asked for a new storm.
    12-23-08 09:42 PM
    I have had nothing but good experiences with VZW customer service. I'm always very polite, and they are as well and they always fix my problem right away. Called Monday to get a replacement Storm due to dust under my screen, and they are overnighting it to me without any charge. The lady also made sure that I would get a new one, since that's what I paid for.
    12-24-08 03:17 AM
    Same with me. They just shipped the wrong phone, so I got a bit frustrated.
    12-24-08 03:24 AM
    I just skimmed throughout this entire thread and about half way through everyone was WAY off the topic. It seemed like all I was reading was the feedback of a very defensive topic. I myself like Verizon very much and it is unfortunate that this happened to you but ranting through a thread looks terrible on your behalf in this community. Next time when you decide to rant be smart about it. Do not bash the service carrier that so many BB owners like and DO provide great customer service to. Instead post what happened and then see what people say without the melodrama.
    12-24-08 04:05 AM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD