I'm really sorry for ranting, all I've been doing is posting positive stuff about the phone, but some people at Verizon just can't get it together.

So, my phone broke on Saturday, thats fine, we went to a store, they didn't have any replacements so we called Customer service and they sent me out a new one, verified that I was getting a storm. I would probably get it tuesday they said, thats fine with me... sunday was hard with no phone lol, yesturday I had knee surgery since I hurt myself in Martial Arts, so I was fine without a phone, and today I anxiously awaited my new phone. It came to my parents' firm's office, and when my mom brought it home Verizon sent me the WRONG PHONE.... We called, and they don't know when they can ship me a new phone... this is pissing me off. its winter break and I'm without a phone, this is actually a JOKE....
    Last edited by SaMaster14; 12-23-08 at 08:25 PM.
    12-23-08 04:44 PM
    I must say the people at Verizon are very nice and charming, but they just can't get their act together....
    12-23-08 04:52 PM
    Nothing infuriates me more than incompetent customer service. Its inexcusable from a company the size of Verizon.

I'm lucky and have had nothing but pleasant experiences from them, hence why I've been a customer for so long and hestitate to leave.
    12-23-08 04:54 PM
    I agree. This is the first thing that has been messed up by them. I've been with them myself for 5 years now, my parents for even longer, and this is the first mishap that has happened, but to me, its a big one, especially at this time of year.
    12-23-08 04:55 PM
    well. use the phone they sent you till they send you the correct one.
    12-23-08 04:56 PM
    Vzw and other phone peeps have alwasy been borderline ********. Add thousands of new customers and well, things are bound to only get worse.

It's pass the buck for me between the store and the tech dudes on the phone.

Just know that what you will be told is trash and this way it wont bug you as much when it happens!
    12-23-08 04:57 PM
    well. use the phone they sent you till they send you the correct one.
    I can't. They want us to mail them back the Curve they sent immediately. For all I know, they may not even send me the new phone until they get the Curve they sent back. Btw, they even charged us for the Storm, and not the Curve.(the thing where they charge u for the phone and when you send them the old one back, they take the charge off)

And @Rooster: I guess that does make sense, though sometimes you get lucky with a good one.
    12-23-08 04:59 PM
    Ok fyi get off VZWs back. Its the time of the holiday, they are SWAMPED with orders and customer service issues every second of the day. It could have been an easy mistake, people make mistakes, people within a company can make mistakes. Whether or not, you should not attack VZW service because a great majority of people on here will say VZW has wonderful customer service.

They have for me, for others, and obviously for most of the people on this forum. Mistakes happen. Dont attack them for something so small
    12-23-08 05:06 PM
    People that had ordered their phone back on the release date waited for ever to finally get what they paid for. Do you really think they have piles of new phones laying around? They duped ya. You'll be lucky if you get one before the end of Jan... and if you do it's certain to be a refurbished one. The Mexican factory is on siesta for the Holidays and this cold Storm will freeze shipments from Canada quicker than the video camera freezes the Storm. If you're lucky enough to have one of these, hang on to it for dear life!
    12-23-08 05:07 PM
    Ok fyi get off VZWs back. Its the time of the holiday, they are SWAMPED with orders and customer service issues every second of the day. It could have been an easy mistake, people make mistakes, people within a company can make mistakes. Whether or not, you should not attack VZW service because a great majority of people on here will say VZW has wonderful customer service.

They have for me, for others, and obviously for most of the people on this forum. Mistakes happen. Dont attack them for something so small
    If you read my other posts, I did say that I have been with them for 5 years and they haven't made a mistake. i also said that they were very nice and helpful. I am just angry and wanted to get it off my chest....
    12-23-08 05:07 PM
    People that had ordered their phone back on the release date waited for ever to finally get what they paid for. Do you really think they have piles of new phones laying around? They duped ya. You'll be lucky if you get one before the end of Jan... and if you do it's certain to be a refurbished one. The Mexican factory is on siesta for the Holidays and this cold Storm will freeze shipments from Canada quicker than the video camera freezes the Storm. If you're lucky enough to have one of these, hang on to it for dear life!
    I ordered my phone on the release date... I got it the following monday. Mine broke before the 30 days. So I get a new one FREE, not refurbished, from Verizon, and actually they do have quite a few replacement storms, just not in stores. the ones in stores are for new customers. but Verizon is shipping a BRAND NEW replacement storm
    12-23-08 05:09 PM
    And now I"m just finding out that the original $540 for the first Storm I bought is on our bill, thats fine and normal. but they have also charged us another $540 for the replacement, plus the $300 or whatever it is for the Curve, and I only have 2 phones(the broken one and the curve). So the curve charge gets erased when we send it back, and I'm guessing the replacement storm charge will be erased when I return the broken one and somehow finally have my new one.
    my family isn't in financial trouble or anything but this is just a joke
    Last edited by SaMaster14; 12-23-08 at 05:23 PM.
    12-23-08 05:17 PM
    And now I"m just finding out that the original $540 for the first Storm I bought is on our bill, thats fine and normal. but they have also charged us another $540 for the replacement, plus the $300 or whatever it is for the Curve, and I only have 2 phones(the broken one and the curve). So the curve charge gets erased when we send it back, and I'm guessing the replacement storm charge will be erased when I return the broken one and somehow finally have my new one.
    my family isn't in financial trouble or anything but this is just a joke
    You are correct about the return credit. I'm one of those borderline ******** VZW reps. All I can ask is what your job is and if you ever or anyone who you work with has ever erred.

Merry Christmas
    12-23-08 07:29 PM
    Well to the OP, what are you crying about? I do not see why your parents saw it neccessary to buy a 14yr old a BB in the first place. At your age you should be thankful to even have a cellular device, let alone have parents who are buying you an Infinity G35.
    12-23-08 07:42 PM
    You are correct about the return credit. I'm one of those borderline ******** VZW reps. All I can ask is what your job is and if you ever or anyone who you work with has ever erred.

Merry Christmas
    I'm 15... My dad is owns a business management firm, but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. And again, as I said, this is the first error I've come across with Verizon, but to me its a big one. I'm now without a phone from Saturday until who knows when. I mean, I was on the phone with the guy for about an hour making sure I was getting a Storm, he confirmed everything and said he was shipping me a storm, and I got a Curve. I mean how hard can it be to send the write phone, especially when the phone has so much hype......
    12-23-08 07:43 PM
    Well to the OP, what are you crying about? I do not see why your parents saw it neccessary to buy a 14yr old a BB in the first place. At your age you should be thankful to even have a cellular device, let alone have parents who are buying you an Infinity G35.
    I'm 15 but this has nothing to do with anything about my age or what I can get. As I said, I was just angry and I'm mad that I got the wrong phone and will be without a phone for a while.
    12-23-08 07:45 PM
    I'm 15... My dad is owns a business management firm, but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. And again, as I said, this is the first error I've come across with Verizon, but to me its a big one. I'm now without a phone from Saturday until who knows when. I mean, I was on the phone with the guy for about an hour making sure I was getting a Storm, he confirmed everything and said he was shipping me a storm, and I got a Curve. I mean how hard can it be to send the write phone, especially when the phone has so much hype......
    The American public is extremely impatient. You are ******** about a phone-- it's the Holiday season. One day when you grow up and have to partake in the real world of working you will realize to error is human. I will refrain from verbally abusing a child and stop there.
    12-23-08 07:55 PM
    The American public is extremely impatient. You are ******** about a phone-- it's the Holiday season. One day when you grow up and have to partake in the real world of working you will realize to error is human. I will refrain from verbally abusing a child and stop there.
    Well, I guess the Los Angeles/Beverly Hills mentality is just a bit different. I'm just bored, had knee surgery so I can't go out much, no phone, none of my gaming systems work since my TVs are too complicated that we need a TV guy to set them up, lol... this holiday is just great for me! Plus all my family is away on vacation and I can't go anywhere, I even have to wait to drive down to my place in Palm Desert......
    12-23-08 07:59 PM
    First of all, I didn't realize you were just a kid. Makes sense that you wouldn't understand why I asked what company you work for.

Secondly, I can tell you that your dad made a mistake about 15 years ago.

Third, they didn't send you the "right" phone, not the "write" phone. You write with a pen or pencil, or in your case, maybe a crayon.
    12-23-08 08:01 PM
    Haha, your an a*shole, hahah. Awww, I was a mistake? and i'm typing a bit fast, sorry for the typo. And again, as I said, Verizon has been really nice and great for a long time, they just made this mistake, and I know mistakes are made I'm just angry... I'm not yelling at Verizon and saying shame on them, I'm just saying that they made a mistake, it made me angry, and I wanted to get it off my chest.
    12-23-08 08:05 PM
    First of all, I didn't realize you were just a kid. Makes sense that you wouldn't understand why I asked what company you work for.

Secondly, I can tell you that your dad made a mistake about 15 years ago.

Third, they didn't send you the "right" phone, not the "write" phone. You write with a pen or pencil, or in your case, maybe a crayon.
    AWW SNAP! Hah. What a whiney *****. The real world will show him the way of life once he gets a workers permit signed off by his parents. Good call on the crayon. I just like tearing this guy up-- he was in a thread about post your cars and showing pics of his family members cars, then crying because no one commented. If you would like, I can show you a picture of a Ferrari Enzo that Eddie Murphy crashed, but then again, it would be pointless right? Right. Just like this thread you started. At either rate though, Have a wonderful Christmas (and that I DO mean).
    12-23-08 08:09 PM
    Well, I guess the Los Angeles/Beverly Hills mentality is just a bit different. I'm just bored, had knee surgery so I can't go out much, no phone, none of my gaming systems work since my TVs are too complicated that we need a TV guy to set them up, lol... this holiday is just great for me! Plus all my family is away on vacation and I can't go anywhere, I even have to wait to drive down to my place in Palm Desert......
    This is the stereotypical attitude of a spoiled rich kid. You will get your phone when it comes. You can't have everything you want when you want it, and complaining about it wont help. Remember that.

You can't figure out how to use your tv? Come on... Do you pay people to do your homework too?
    12-23-08 08:09 PM
    what martial arts are you into?
    12-23-08 08:11 PM
    Well, i'm a straight A student at one of the most prestigious private high schools in Los Angeles. and about the TV, its not that I don't know how to work Televisions, its just that we have very complicated high tech attachements and so many differnet inputs and the such that I can't get it to work, plus the fact that all the wires are set up to not bee seen and are behind everything in the TV stand and stuff.

And again, I'm just trying to get this off my chest, since my holiday just hasn't been going well.
    12-23-08 08:13 PM
    what martial arts are you into?
    Tung Su Doe and Wing Chun Kung Fu(with some bogwa and Tai chi mixed in). I've been doing martial arts for about 12 years.
    12-23-08 08:14 PM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD