This is the answer I got when I called and spoke to a supervisor after finding a $77 texting charge on my bill.
    I frequently go well over 1,000 texts, I have had unlimited texting for over 3 years now, and I have had it with my Storm for about 10 months.
    All of a sudden my bill says that I'm only ALLOWED 483!??
    What kind of number is that?!
    Any suggestions on what i can do??
    10-27-09 11:54 AM
    I haven't heard of any changes to not allow that on BB's.
    Verizon Wireless -- still shows unlimited text. That's the plan I have with my Tour and haven't been told otherwise. It also lets you build a package with a BB and that -- I'd call in again or stop at a store.
    Last edited by howie; 10-27-09 at 12:08 PM.
    10-27-09 12:06 PM
    I would go to the neatest store and see what's up because I have unlimited texting with my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 12:10 PM
    I have unlimited texts on my Verizon plan.
    10-27-09 12:11 PM
    The thing is, I know it's a complete lie.
    Every time I go into the store or call all they do is lie to me and tell me I'm wrong.
    I know what they're doing is illegal but there's nothing I can do about it.
    When I first switched to them I got a MotoQ 9m. The only reason I chose this phone over a Blackberry was because they told me that it had Wifi and GPS built in.
    Both of those were complete lies.
    When I came back the next day the guy said "thats weird... I guess they'll be activated in the next software update which comes out in 2 weeks. & he said I couldn't return it.
    Obviously I knew it was a lie because he was saying that software would add new hardware....
    I had that phone for 2 years and they never even released one update.

I got my Storm like 10 months ago and it's been nothing but lies from them. They try to add stuff to my bill every month, too.
    One time they even told me it would cost $5 to get rid of that gay violin ringback that was costing me $1 and replace it with the regular ring. I cussed them out and they did it for free.
    10-27-09 12:20 PM
    If they don't call customer service and tell them also print out past bills to prove it

10-27-09 12:24 PM
    Like **** it's not. I am on an unlimited texting plan and would be totally screwed if I wasn't, lol. Speak to a rep and get it cleared up, cause they're bending you over and laughing about it right now.
    10-27-09 12:24 PM
    I'd suggest you just change your plan online. You should be able to change your texting plan there.

The Storm does have a GPS Receiver and you just need to switch it on: Options/Advanced Options/GPS. You're correct about there being no WiFi!

I personally try to avoid speaking with the indiduals at VZW unless I absolutely need to, then usually get transferred to second line support for BB's who are folks that seem to know what they're doing.

Hope it works out for you!

Edit: I also appear to have lied to you (lol): I just checked my account on vzw.com. The best texting I can see as an option is '5000 Text Messages to any Carrier + Unlimited VZW to VZW Texting'.

The thing is, I know it's a complete lie.
    Every time I go into the store or call all they do is lie to me and tell me I'm wrong.
    I know what they're doing is illegal but there's nothing I can do about it.
    When I first switched to them I got a MotoQ 9m. The only reason I chose this phone over a Blackberry was because they told me that it had Wifi and GPS built in.
    Both of those were complete lies.
    When I came back the next day the guy said "thats weird... I guess they'll be activated in the next software update which comes out in 2 weeks. & he said I couldn't return it.
    Obviously I knew it was a lie because he was saying that software would add new hardware....
    I had that phone for 2 years and they never even released one update.

I got my Storm like 10 months ago and it's been nothing but lies from them. They try to add stuff to my bill every month, too.
    One time they even told me it would cost $5 to get rid of that gay violin ringback that was costing me $1 and replace it with the regular ring. I cussed them out and they did it for free.
    Last edited by bbsean; 10-27-09 at 12:45 PM.
    10-27-09 12:31 PM
    First off...

1. I would say don't go a store...stores are mostly for sales not CS!
    2. Check your plan, are you on Basic or Select (Select has unlimited MSG, regardless of device)
    3. Are you on Basic and have an allowance of Unlimited In/500 for other carriers?
    4. Was your line recently suspended for non-pay/vaca/lost-stolen, etc?
    5. Did you read the actual detailed bill?

I'll be glad to answer any other questions you have...
    Last edited by Vi11ain; 10-27-09 at 12:49 PM.
    10-27-09 12:47 PM
    I'd suggest you just change your plan online. You should be able to change your texting plan there.

The Storm does have a GPS Receiver and you just need to switch it on: Options/Advanced Options/GPS. You're correct about there being no WiFi!

I personally try to avoid speaking with the indiduals at VZW unless I absolutely need to, then usually get transferred to second line support for BB's who are folks that seem to know what they're doing.

Hope it works out for you!

Edit: I also appear to have lied to you (lol): I just checked my account on vzw.com. The best texting I can see as an option is '5000 Text Messages to any Carrier + Unlimited VZW to VZW Texting'.
    Oh, I'm aware I have GPS, I use it all the time.
    I was talking about when I got my MotoQ 9m, which has neither GPS or Wifi.
    Just another example of their lies.

It seems that they switched me from unlimited to 500 when I got the Storm.
    I called up my mom, who has a Curve, and told her to check old bills.
    When she switched to blackberry they changed hers from 500 to 250.
    What I conclude from this is they change your texting plan without telling you, knowing that you will text more. The problem is they still charge you what you were paying before!!! She was paying $10 for 500 and now its $10 for 250.
    WTF???
    Mine was $15 for unlimited and now its $15 for 500.
    The problem here is, I have gone over this 500 for non-Verizon users every single month and haven't been charged a penny.
    They probably just now started charging me for they could say "It's been like this for 10 months, it's your problem", which is basically what they said.

They're just scam artists.
    I've called and spoke with supervisors and they just lie to me too.
    I refuse to go back to the store because they're the ones who lied to get me to join Verizon in the first place.
    10-27-09 01:05 PM
    ok, again...calm down for one sec...

1. We do not offer have any specific plan for Unlimited MSG, unless you're on a Select plan (albeit a 3-4 year old grandfather text plan)
    2. How long ago was the change made?
    3. What device were you on before the Blackberry? Swapping devices may have required the change.

If you contact customer service with these questions, hopefully you get a better answer. The only thing I can really say, is in life...people will respond to you better, if you're nice to them...So calling CS, ranting and raving it will be less likely someone would be willing to help you...

There is no benefit as a company to specifically lie to you...

Here's how add-on text packages work:

$5: 250 Messages
    $10: Unlimited IN/500 out MSG's
    $15: Unlimited IN/1500 out MSG's
    $20: Unlimited IN/5000 out MSG's

Plans:

Basic: No Built in Package
    Select: Unlimited MSG's
    Connect: Unlimited MSG's (not available for smartphones)
    Premium: Unlimited MSG's (not available for smartphones)
    Last edited by Vi11ain; 10-27-09 at 01:23 PM.
    10-27-09 01:17 PM
    That's reps for you. They'll say anything to make a sale. Sounds like you keep getting suckered, I'm sorry.
    10-27-09 01:21 PM
    What if ur account is on a family share plan? I was always under the impression that I had unlimited text messaaging. My wifes number is main number on our account, but she doesn't have a berry..she has an lg envy touch. My number is the 2nd number=BlackBerry of course. And my 14 year old daughter has lg envy touch. She can send between 3-5 thousand text messages a month. So we upgraded our plan, in which I assume was our entire family plan=all 3 numbers with unlimited txt msgng.

10-27-09 01:36 PM
    We have the NATIONWIDE SELECT FAMILY SHARE PRIMARY 1400 $110 plan, and on it we have (2) BlackBerrys, and a Lg enV, all three lines have unlimited texting.
    10-27-09 02:03 PM
    my screen stopped clicking on the bottom left of phone. I called and the guy asked me if I installed the new software 5.0.0.238, I told him that i was going to tonight and he said,"well thats the problem, you need to install this new software because it addresses this exact issue". LOL are you f'ing kidding me? .. i called him an ***** and he argued with me for 5 minutes that he knew more about the issues than i did and this would fix my phone. I asked him if i dropped my phone in the toilet and i threw it a life preserver would that repair my phone? lol . not sure if that makes sense or not...lol oh well. i hung up on him and called back.
    10-27-09 02:37 PM
    Yeah Select is unlimited...If the primary line on a Fam share is on select, all secondaries should be select also...

And Select is unlimited entirely regardless of device
    10-27-09 02:42 PM
    this is a prime example of why i quit working for VZW....the quantity of misinformation i saw on a daily basis...it was frustrating. my OCD wouldn't allow it...i took escalations for over a year, and i was damn good at it. i knew what was up, and if i didn't i wasn't afraid to say that i didn't know, but that i knew where to find the info needed. i ended up emailing every rep that sent an escalation to me, especially if they were spouting misinformation or obviously didn't know what they were talking about. then they'd try to report me for "correcting them", even though i had the documents to back up what i was saying.

just gets old....
    10-27-09 03:05 PM
    True...misinformation does happen, but I would challenge anyone, at any job...to say every employee in that company has the exact same skill level or knowledge...It's impossible, we're humans...we make errors...

In 4th grade you may get an awesome teacher, in 5th maybe one not so good...The are both employed by the same school...but they will vary...Sometimes you'll get better waiters/waitresses at the same restuarant...unfortunately it happens
    10-27-09 03:33 PM
    it's not the existence of misinformation, its how blatantly wrong the information is, combined with the quantity of misinformation...and they all have the same training, i don't know how stuff like this can slip by....

then again, maybe the rep was an indirect or something, they do some crazy stuff.
    10-27-09 03:38 PM
    i'm on unlimited to i better check my account or i will bee pissed
    10-27-09 03:59 PM
    There's an app for iphone called textfree unlimited. Costs 5.99. I can ditch your text plan after. Works really well. Wondering if this app might be available for BB. Would be awesome since I have storm and don't always want to carry iphone. Way more fun texting on the berry

10-27-09 04:20 PM
    If you are the account holder and you have a Select plan...
    I would call *611 and ask about my current plan and tell them that you received text charges on an unlimited plan.
    This gives them an opportunity to explain and/or correct your concern.
    If you call with a nasty little attitude, I wouldn't expect much help.
    Give the person on the phone the same consideration you would want.
    10-27-09 05:41 PM
    This is the answer I got when I called and spoke to a supervisor after finding a $77 texting charge on my bill.
    I frequently go well over 1,000 texts, I have had unlimited texting for over 3 years now, and I have had it with my Storm for about 10 months.
    All of a sudden my bill says that I'm only ALLOWED 483!??
    What kind of number is that?!
    Any suggestions on what i can do??
    My wife, daughter(the queen of unlimited texting) and I have an unlimited plan with Vzn...had it over a year and no extra charges. I'd go and get clarification.

Best

steve in so cal
    10-27-09 09:39 PM
    Yeah that's kinda weird... Ive had. My storm since Feb annd I've kept the unlimited text as well
    As the upgraded data plan...

10-29-09 12:10 PM
    I'm on a family plan, not sure whether basic or select and too lazy to go look. But I do know that we have 3 Berries and dumbphone all with unlimited texting. We got the berries all within the last 5 months.
    10-29-09 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD