Interesting, to say the least. I apologize if this has been previously posted. If so, Mods feel free to delete.

Verizon trying to bury Storm2 in favor of Droid? | Electronista
    10-23-09 06:35 PM
    That would seem to be the case
    10-23-09 06:58 PM
    I would not be surprised. The only people I konw who talk about the Storm2 are Blackberry devotees.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 07:02 PM
    Thats soooo dumb of them if they are lol I have seen more storm 2 fans then android fans, and if they do that well... it will make them change to android lol rim is going to lose alot of sells if this is true...
    10-23-09 07:07 PM
    It's about time some of the media outlets start discussing this topic. We've been talking about this on CB for like 2 weeks now.
    10-23-09 07:13 PM
    if they do that well... it will make them change to android lol rim is going to lose alot of sells if this is true...
    And that affects VZW how?
    10-23-09 07:48 PM
    Can anybody blame them? Seriously the Droid is getting crazy good reviews (best since the iPhone). Im guessing it will outsell the Storm by a ton.
    10-23-09 07:58 PM
    Thats soooo dumb of them if they are lol I have seen more storm 2 fans then android fans, and if they do that well... it will make them change to android lol rim is going to lose alot of sells if this is true...
    i think you're delirious.... The S2 is already outdated and it hasn't hit the market yet. Do you think Verizon doesn't know this? The only people that are going to buy this phone close to release day are us.. Us S1 users that are praying for a better phone...

However RIM may not get my loyalty this time, I may wait for the Droid, if I don't like it I will return it and get the S2.
    10-23-09 08:03 PM
    With Verizon having so many new Android phones one would be foolish not to wait and see what is out there in a couple of months.
    10-23-09 08:19 PM
    Verizon's silence about the STORM is a harbinger of things to come. If the phone tested well, you would see more ads.....
    10-23-09 09:20 PM
    From the looks of it even if you were to get the S2 the droid does have an "expected" release date of Nov 9th so you would still be within verizon's 30-day grace period.

Id say try the S2 and if you dont like it return it. Simple as that.
    10-24-09 10:25 AM
    =I say forget that droid phone and storm2 all the way come on verizon stop holding back already.
    10-24-09 07:33 PM
    I don't know guys, the Droid looks pretty cool. But I dont know about that Android OS. I love 5.0 so much on my Tour!
    10-24-09 08:42 PM
    I'd have to say good or bad it looks like the Droid will hugely outsell the S2. I've had friends that don't follow the phone world like I do say they wanted to get the droid when it came out. The press for the Droid has been very positive and people are seeing it, the ads have droid/droiddoes in the top ranks for google searches which alone says something...
    10-25-09 01:57 AM
    ive at least searched it a good 200+ times myself lol
    10-25-09 02:14 AM
    Until I'm aware of an Android device on VZW that is a global phone, it's just not an option for me. That's where they'll get some customers - the corporate guys and business travelers who need data access wherever they roam. International data is still highly lucrative with the $64.99 global data plan.
    10-25-09 06:16 AM
    among the consumer world blackberry is dying off the only people still madly inlove with the blackberry are people on this site . all i do all day is bounce around on phone sites. i got lucky enough to have a job that promotes this, and s2 is the phone you really dont hear about until i come here. i think some people may be aware that it will be out soon but droid and htc and of course the iphone is all you hear about. blackberry not so much, an i think its in large part due to marketing. U2 commercials arent going to do it RIM get it together

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 07:36 AM
    Verizon is simply trying to make more money. They know the BlackBerry Crowd will go for the 2nd BlackBerry storm. The rest they want to get caught up with a phone that is the 'iKiller'.
    10-25-09 07:43 AM
    Rim screwed me with the S1. I will be getting the Droid.
    10-25-09 07:57 AM
    Verizon is simply trying to make more money. They know the BlackBerry Crowd will go for the 2nd BlackBerry storm. The rest they want to get caught up with a phone that is the 'iKiller'.
    the words of a blackberry devout lol, believe me people that bought the storm as their first blackberries and maybe you did as well, but people who bought them for the consumer appeal wont be buying another if they have the money to get another phone right now they will be leaning driod, and im sure sells will reflect this.
    10-25-09 08:11 AM
    I will be waiting to see what the general population say's about the Droid it could have issues right out of the gate like the S1 did.
    10-25-09 08:12 AM
    I will be waiting to see what the general population say's about the Droid it could have issues right out of the gate like the S1 did.
    most phones due. Especially being the first of its generation, its just how many issues that will determine the seperation between the two
    10-25-09 08:26 AM
    It could, very feasible but I doubt Google would let this go without (Google controls this phone completely and is unmolested by Verizon) testing their code extensively and even if there was an issue Google would have an update out before you knew it.

This phone is gonna be hot, so many people are ragging on it cause its a slider phone (irony, the same people asking for a berry slider) but I'm sitting in panera as I write this and I see 6 sliding type phones within eyeshot so its still quite a popular phone type
    10-25-09 10:32 AM
    i think you're delirious.... The S2 is already outdated and it hasn't hit the market yet. Do you think Verizon doesn't know this? The only people that are going to buy this phone close to release day are us.. Us S1 users that are praying for a better phone...

However RIM may not get my loyalty this time, I may wait for the Droid, if I don't like it I will return it and get the S2.
    That's my plan. I'm going to get the Motorola Droid or the HTC Desire and just return it and get the Storm2 if I don't like it.
    10-25-09 10:47 AM
    Verizon's silence about the STORM is a harbinger of things to come. If the phone tested well, you would see more ads.....
    Sadly, I'm thinking there's probably some truth to this. Not that the S2 isn't a great BB, but that the people at Verizon just think the Droid is a much better device.
    10-25-09 10:57 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD