apple doesn't do that

everytime i pick up my ipod touch i hear "music is my boyfriend" theme music. not sure where it comes from but im not asking questions
    02-17-09 11:33 AM
    Ha. I had visions of Verizon loading folks into trucks and taking them to the Verizon store. Sorry, had to do it.
    02-17-09 11:42 AM
    Do you believe everything you see a commercial for? Do clydsdales really play football? Seriously it a commercial. Theyrr meant to be enticing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Theres a difference between misleading and enticing but I have to say I prefer my Storm over my iPhone 3G and if I remember correctly Apple has a class action law suit against it because they misled the public concerning the iphones 3G capabilities
    Last edited by tug_slug; 02-17-09 at 11:53 AM.
    02-17-09 11:50 AM
    Ha. I had visions of Verizon loading folks into trucks and taking them to the Verizon store. Sorry, had to do it.
    I had the same image in my head.
    02-17-09 11:55 AM
    Ehhhh... Without resorting to pointing out the disclaimer at the bottom... And while I generally agree there needs to be more stringent regulations regarding the portrayal of products in advertisements... Any reasonably intelligent person should know that there's going to be a disconnect between what you see on TV and what you actually get.

Does anyone here really think that the suspension and traction control systems on some car are so good that we could go driving on some treacherous winding mountain path in the rain or snow at high speed?

I have actually seen people complain that the screen shown on commercials is a bit bigger than actuality, not accounting for the little black band at the bottom of actual screens.

Nothing, but mislead is a far cry from "trucked". Verizon isn't out and out claiming that this is actually how the Storm performs, they just let you make that assumption all on your own.

Actually, it kind of is. If you buy something, and find it's not up to your expectations from the commercial, you can take it back. You aren't just stuck with it and that's it.

That's purely speculative, and we don't really know that this is the only reason for it. Did you ever consider the issues associated with trying to film a computer display? CRTs have the noticeable flicker issue, and LCDs will often end up looking very washed out and will catch glare from studio lights.

Actually, given that computers use a base 2 system for calculating space, and hard drive makers use a base 10 system, you do end up "losing" quite a bit of space. That 500GB drive is based on the idea of 1000MB = 1GB, when your computer calculates it as 1024MB = 1GB. So you end up losing about 2.4% capacity right off the top, assuming I did my math right. Not quite 30%, but same basic idea.

Thread pwn!
    02-17-09 11:58 AM
    They are only Commercials.
    02-17-09 12:47 PM
    People are way too upset over simulation.
    02-17-09 05:39 PM
    Ehhhh... Without resorting to pointing out the disclaimer at the bottom... And while I generally agree there needs to be more stringent regulations regarding the portrayal of products in advertisements... Any reasonably intelligent person should know that there's going to be a disconnect between what you see on TV and what you actually get.
    I would rebut your many frivolous statements but I was playing devil's advocate in my post (#19) so I don't have the energy (or inclination) to respond. Besides, I'm writing this from my Storm...starting a lengthy post is dangerous given the high likelihood of a freeze/battery pull, something that also is not portrayed accurately in the commercials. Not to mention I'm short on time...I have to go to the gas station again...my car only gets 15MPG although Ford advertises it as 21. Too bad I did not have a 30-day return guarantee!
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 02-17-09 at 06:12 PM.
    02-17-09 05:54 PM
    Wait a minute, have I been hoodwinked!! I lost 50 bucks to the damn horses, your sayin it was fixed!
    Ya I lost atleast $50 to them horses before I realized it! But I'll get it back, If I gotta buy enough budwieser to get them to deliver it with them horses!

People are way too upset over simulation.
    Exactly!
    02-17-09 06:11 PM
    I put my money in Etrade because I thought that baby could get me a good deal on clown rentals.
    02-17-09 07:42 PM
    And I did love the Sham-Wow guy's nuts. I'm so gullible.
    02-17-09 07:44 PM
    how do you 'truck" someone? seriously...nobody can trick you into not knowing how many days 30 days are before your return period ends.
    haha...this sums up my sentiments on this thread exactly
    02-17-09 08:57 PM
    it's not like "Screen images simulated" is on the screen for over 5seconds. and nobody is focusing on the corner of the screen anyways, people are focusing on the phone is the center.
    02-19-09 02:36 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD