Well just got off the phone with verizon Tech. They told me that at this time they have no reason to make the storm data work with tomtom data services, because there is not anough call for it by Verizon customers... Told them to just type Storm and Tomtom into google search engine and tell me that again........
    02-11-09 03:27 PM
    Niiice, how many times a day should I call to annoy them? I tried for a while recently to get them to communicate....no go.
    02-11-09 04:06 PM
    That is because VzW wants to sell their VZ Navigator. So there is no reason for them to cooperate with a 3rd party software and cannibalize their own.
    02-11-09 04:27 PM
    That is because VzW wants to sell their VZ Navigator. So there is no reason for them to cooperate with a 3rd party software and cannibalize their own.
    That is true to an extent but in the business sense of things Verizon is still getting there money. In order for the TomTom cellular based data options to work you must be on a data enabled phone. To have this you must be paying Verizon for the data plan. Seems like it could be and should be a win win! But for them to want people to use their phones for GPS services, in my opinion is much more unsafe than a 4.3in screen mounted to my windshield in line of sight with the road and also being voice activated for ease of use and added safety. I guess Verizon would rather see us wreck, ruin our phone and have to buy a new one...something like that anyways!
    02-11-09 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD