My 9530 which I got in Dec 2008 had its battery replaced during its first year. Now, it won't hold a consistent charge. Some days it lasts all day and some days (like today) it lasts about an hour. I brought the phone into a Manhattan Verizon store and the tech asks me if I charged it overnight. I said of course I did, thinking that she was going to tell me that I maybe hadn't charged it long enough. Wrong! She told me that I killed the battery and that you are not supposed to keep nit on the charger for longer than 4 hours. I have never heard odf such a thing! Has anyone else? Was this simply the latest way to blame the customer for equipment failure? What's the overall consensus about 9530 batteries? I don't use the phone heavily for music or video but mostly plain old calls and texts. It kills me to see other people bopping down the street connected to earphones connected to their phones. I wouldn't dare do that for fear of prematurely killing the battery. The Verizon tech says that my phone's out of warranty and that a new battery is $29.95. I left it there so they can keep it on the charger for 2 hours. What should I do when I go back to pick it up?
    09-07-10 10:35 AM
    Ask them to show you in the owners manual or other instructions where it states that the phone should not remain on the charger for more than four hours.

If they cannot do that then ask for a better explanation.

The manual says to charge regularly and to charge to a full charge.
    09-07-10 01:05 PM
    and I has a smart battery, that isn't supposed to let you overcharge it.
    09-07-10 01:07 PM
    Went back and picked it up. Essentially they just charged it for 2 hours. Have 3-1/2 bars at the moment. Even though I knew they were hosing me on the 4-hour charge thing, I didn't argue because it's out of warranty and they aren't obligated to switch oput my battery (would have been nice customer service touch though).
    09-07-10 03:15 PM
    BTW, have read a review that says Droid X has bad battery life. It said figure on half a day if you use it fairly often.
    09-07-10 03:17 PM
    So that means about 3 hours for me...lol
    09-08-10 11:25 AM
    One of those Seido extra life batteries is not a bad investment.
    That said, what you're being told sounds like nonsense, and maybe you just have a bad battery. Have you done the usual drill of checking for open apps running in the background which may be draining the battery? Hold down the BB key until a row of symbols appears showing which apps are running. You may find some you thought were shut off.
    09-08-10 02:52 PM
    I think the first thing they train the techs is to blame it on the customer.
    When I brought mine in and complained about the battery, I was told I should be charging it overnight. I do all the time.
    09-09-10 09:02 PM
    I have a Bold 9650 and my batteries are fine(both Seidio Extended: 1700mAh and 2600mAh) and I have mine as my alarm clock with the pod attached to a wall-plug. Also on more nonsense: Several years ago I was in a Verizon Wireless store and asked whether or not the signal strength had anything to do with the battery drain(long/slow) and they told me that it did not. I asked the question to see if they knew that low signal strength means that the battery will drain faster because it is searching for a signal more constantly than if there is a strong signal.

DJ
    09-10-10 01:45 PM
    You know I am having the same problem with my storm despite that it shows my battery fully charged after using my phone for anything it just dies on me totally dead . I'm hoping its the battery which I just ordered one but if that aint the case I guess I am fu****ed and I probably I will have to buy a new phone. So good luck with your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-10 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD