I just spoke with a Verizon Rep, and she informed me that an official release of a software upgrade for the storm will be due out sometime next month!!!! I am still running on .75, i am too chicken to use an unofficial release. i hope this is good news for some of you!!!!
    01-15-09 12:22 PM
    Yes, good news. The bad is it's a month away. I was hoping for this month.
    01-15-09 12:33 PM
    Unless you know her personally, I wouldnt believe what she says. There have been countless rumors about the next OS release. Most I've seen pointing to tomorrow, Jan. 16th. No one really knows. I find it best to just patiently wait it out a day at a time. It'll come when it comes.
    01-15-09 12:43 PM
    My best friend's brother's sister's cousin said that she saw Ferris pass out at the 31 Flavors last night..... err, I mean that the next VZW Storm OS update will be in 3 months from now.
    01-15-09 12:45 PM
    These threads always make me laugh!
    01-15-09 12:48 PM
    I'll tell ya but we need to use the cone of silence!
    01-15-09 12:51 PM
    The latest OS will always come out "tomorrow"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 01:36 PM
    tommorrow tomorrow I love ya tomorrow you're always a day away.....
    01-15-09 01:37 PM
    Sad part is, when it does come, it will be something we are all already using (and finding more bugs in)...
    01-15-09 01:39 PM
    They need to move that release date up!!
    01-15-09 01:41 PM
    If youre up for it, you could try using one of the leaked OS's, but .75 is a nice stable build so if youre happy with it, stick with it. I dont mind using the leaked ones (Im on .86). They come with some bugs but many improvements. The next Verizon release will most likely be a very good one and I look forward to it.
    01-15-09 01:44 PM
    My best friend's brother's sister's cousin said that she saw Ferris pass out at the 31 Flavors last night..... err, I mean that the next VZW Storm OS update will be in 3 months from now.
    Save Ferris!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    01-15-09 02:05 PM
    All we can do is wait lol.
    01-15-09 07:16 PM
    I had no less than 3 calls today at the call center asking if there was an official release coming today or Friday because of a rumor they had read online. Well, being an official Crackberry and Storm user, I asked in at least 2 occasions if they read it on CB. I think they are startled that a lowly VZW CS rep...not even a tech support rep would even know what Crackberry is. Then to blow their minds even more, I mentioned that I am using the bootleg .86 on my Storm. Maybe one of you 3 are reading this tonight.

There is absolutely no information pointing to an official release of a new software for the Storm in the next 24 hours. VZW reps do not get any advanced word on these releases. VZW Reps should not be giving any sort of false hopes. I hope this squelches rumors of an imminent official version appearing on Friday.
    01-15-09 10:14 PM
    Oh, well, patience is a virtue. In the mean time you all really keep me laughing..lol
    01-15-09 10:20 PM
    lol...maybe the great Karnack can tell us. Seriously, I am not sure VZW techs get much info on OS updates. We all need to be patient. When it comes hopefully it will be stable and have most of the major fixes everyone is waiting for.
    Of course, we all want the new official OS update YESTERDAY!
    01-15-09 11:10 PM
    omg omg lolol .... This can't be!11! Sooks crossed his heart, hoped to die that it was going to be today and that it was going to be .81. OMGOMG lolol hahahah lol k olol. ..
    01-15-09 11:38 PM
    I was also told early February by a Verizon rep. So we'll see.
    01-16-09 01:29 AM
    I called Mrs. Cleo, and she told me it would come "soon". Cost me $4.99 per minute, so I know it's good intel. "Call'er now fur yer free readin".
    01-16-09 01:43 AM
    I called Mrs. Cleo, and she told me it would come "soon". Cost me $4.99 per minute, so I know it's good intel. "Call'er now fur yer free readin".
    LOL ROTFL

The sad part is that it is probaly no more or less reliable than what is posted herre on this and other sites. We shall see I guess :-)
    01-16-09 01:52 AM
    what good is going to the store dont we get email saying theres a release? And dont we update over the air or thrue DM? Also its not like your dumb phone you do the update and hopefully when the so called offical update arrives well still be one or steps ahead, so take a chance and download .86
    01-16-09 02:05 AM
    Official updates are frequently lower numbers than the most recent leak. This is because the leaks are the still being tested and the official release has been tested for several weeks.

If you are running a beta release the OTA will not tell you when a new release is available. That only works correctly with your carrier's supported versions.
    01-16-09 04:37 AM
    I just spoke with a Verizon Rep, and she informed me that an official release of a software upgrade for the storm will be due out sometime next month!!!! I am still running on .75, i am too chicken to use an unofficial release. i hope this is good news for some of you!!!!
    Grow up sissy get unofficial release.
    01-16-09 05:30 AM
    Thank you Simone......
    01-16-09 05:57 AM
    You have it about right. Most of the crap you see on CB about the next release is from folks that just don't know VZN !

Doctor Neutron VZN / 4.7.0.75
    01-16-09 08:57 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD