If a replacement device seems needed, it is POSSIBLE, that when your defective BB is received at the warehouse and they see .109 on it, they may charge your account the full retail value of the storm.[/QUOTE]

Verizon MAY charge you to replace the device if they...

- Can't find the phone once it gets to the warehouse.
    - Feel it was user error.
    - Discover an "unofficial" OS on it.
    - Lose you in the system.
    - Want a deposit.
    - Feel like it.

There are several reasons they MAY charge you for anything. I have yet to hear from anyone saying they refused warranty service on a phone with a beta OS.

Besides, if I were to return the phone for a replacement, the first thing I'd do is wipe it. I have no desire for my personal info to end up in anyone else's hands any more than absolutely necessary.
    03-01-09 10:08 PM
    I heard from a friend, whose cousin's wife's boss's uncle's maid's lover's pool boy, whose nephew is a high level exec at Verizon that they are ditching the RIM os and almost completed development of a hybrid OSX/Android OS that's going to make the Storm the most awesome phone ever dreamt of.

My friend said it will be out next week, and trust me, this is a reliable source.
    That would be sweet!!! Especially the OS/Android...LOL!!!!
    03-01-09 10:08 PM
    Since your'e so incredibly rude - and I was just trying to have a bit of fun - you can find out on your own - I'm not here to give anyone a hard time - why are you?
    Okay he's gone...tell the rest of us...
    03-01-09 10:09 PM
    Not rude. Just real. If ur not going to say it, then don't act like a kid who got some mcdooonalds and you can haaaave none.

Since your'e so incredibly rude - and I was just trying to have a bit of fun - you can find out on your own - I'm not here to give anyone a hard time - why are you?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 10:11 PM
    hmmmmmmm - thought this was a place where friendly adults went to help each other with there BB's.........
    Are you kidding me? Almost every thread here, especially those speaking of OSes, ends up in mindless bickering. Go read some threads, it's simultaneously entertaining and saddening.
    03-01-09 10:12 PM
    I'd say saddening more often than not...

Are you kidding me? Almost every thread here, especially those speaking of OSes, ends up in mindless bickering. Go read some threads, it's simultaneously entertaining and saddening.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 10:15 PM
    Seriously, when the new OS upgrade is ready for production release, you will know because Verizon will email you.
    03-01-09 10:17 PM
    just upgrade to .109. having done that and then trying .75 again just for gits and shiggles, I can tell you without pause that 75 sux comparitively. however, if you don't upgrade and wait for the official release, I'm sure the experience will be similar to the revolutionary leap of discovering the wheel to walking on the moon in one fell swoop
    03-01-09 10:19 PM
    sorry dude - life must be really tough when your'e that pissed off at the world! Now why would I want to share info after your comments?
    03-01-09 10:21 PM
    Since the unofficial .109 is out, will the official upgrade be at least that high in version number?
    03-01-09 10:23 PM
    lol easy guys. The Op just asked a question that we see everyday and all day and are all hopeing for the best answers. We dont know as for now. And when people say they herd something, we simply hope for the best. I went to .109 from .75 and it was a bit faster, but had lock ups, lock/unlock wouldnt function correctly, hourglass every second, and MMS messages (pictures that werent taken with the Storm) would be grayed out. Those problems alone drove me back to .75. So we just read other peoples expierences and know what we get into when we attempt this. Now I now Verizon is really strict. They dont want to release an OS that has problems such as those, so they just wait for the closest perfect OS to come out to release to people that pay them for there service monthly. I can see why they take awhile. They want to make sure they dont kick themselves in the **** with releasing JUNK. And in my opinion, .75 isnt really bad. It gets the job done in what the phone is supposed to do. Internet, Calling, And Messaging. Now speed wise? Thats a whole other thread lol.
    Last edited by Terrigno; 03-01-09 at 10:28 PM.
    03-01-09 10:25 PM
    they should already have .85 unless i'm mistaken, but just get .109 here at crackberry and do it yourself, it's really worth it, especially the full vertical keyboard

When using .109 do you have to use the full vertical keyboard or is it an option? Can anyone post a screenshot? Thanks!
    03-01-09 10:46 PM
    Terrigno -
    Refreshing....a realist (and logical)perspective at last - we are VERY careful to test, test, and retest any forthcoming OS updates so we don't make a bad situation worse. Although it has been painful waiting for an update, for me included - remember, I'm the one taking the calls from everyone that's frustrated with their Storms, it will be worth the wait!
    03-01-09 10:46 PM
    I thought it was out, stop with these threads already! SEARCH!!! The button has a function.
    03-01-09 10:47 PM
    Terrigno -
    Refreshing....a realist (and logical)perspective at last - we are VERY careful to test, test, and retest any forthcoming OS updates so we don't make a bad situation worse. Although it has been painful waiting for an update, for me included - remember, I'm the one taking the calls from everyone that's frustrated with their Storms, it will be worth the wait!

That really depends on how long the wait is. I encourage everyone to try a leaked. Since it is obvious that VZW (which I love by the way) seems to be in absolutely no hurry to get a new OS out there. Yes part of that is RIM, but I have been running .99 since it was leaked and it is leaps and bounds beyond the .75 it came with. I have also read that some of the newer versions are even better. Some keep saying that it will get better, and I agree that it will. But just how long is this taking. Imagine the the impact that a new release will have, especially on those that are not trying a leaked version. This length of time only reinforces that RIM / VZW jumped the gun on the release on this device. It would make sense that something in the midterm would do wonders for the appearance of the device.

Before I get flamed for this, I am happy with my Storm and have NO intention of getting another device. Just pointing out that there is also side effects of not getting an update out. It is OK to get the improvements out in increments.
    03-01-09 10:57 PM
    I've upgraded to all the leaks, including .109, and I've gone back to .75 each time. It just works the best for me.
    03-01-09 11:16 PM
    Besides, if I were to return the phone for a replacement, the first thing I'd do is wipe it. I have no desire for my personal info to end up in anyone else's hands any more than absolutely necessary.
    Exactly. Wipe the whole thing OS, personal data and all. Businesses do that kind of thing with smartphones and computers and it would not be anything unusual to RIM.
    03-01-09 11:33 PM
    I've upgraded to all the leaks, including .109, and I've gone back to .75 each time. It just works the best for me.
    How long did you leave them on? If it wasn't at least 12 hrs then you jumped ship too soon. Sometimes it takes time for a new OS to "settle in" and work the way it is supposed to. The major bugs (except the LED issue) seem to be resolved by .109
    03-01-09 11:38 PM
    I heard from a friend, whose cousin's wife's boss's uncle's maid's lover's pool boy, whose nephew is a high level exec at Verizon that they are ditching the RIM os and almost completed development of a hybrid OSX/Android OS that's going to make the Storm the most awesome phone ever dreamt of.

My friend said it will be out next week, and trust me, this is a reliable source.
    ha ha ha ha!!! this is soooo funy!!!
    03-01-09 11:44 PM
    hmmmmmmm - thought this was a place where friendly adults went to help each other with there BB's.........
    correction: it is a place where friendly and unfriendly adults, little prodigy children with BB's, nerds, savants, iPhone haters, gossipers, unwed mothers, and the like went to help each other with there BB's
    03-01-09 11:50 PM
    Terrigno -
    Dude, nothing personal toward you, but people on this site seem to have more knowledge than VZW reps. I have had 1 good rep who helped my over the span of god knows how many years. They lie, make up crap for answers, I really hate verizon. If the actual phone service wasn't as good as it is (works for me in many places other carriers don't) I'd be gone. I had issue's with my Storm, so I was going to return it. He told me an update would be out shortly that would fix the issues, telling me that it was software and not hardware, that was 3 months ago! I even asked if I should just wait until the 2nd gen storm came out so I would know most of the bugs were worked out. When I asked if the "update" did not fix the issues, would they replace the phone. His answer was "We will put you in the most current Blackberry device, even if it is 2nd gen" Is Verizon really going to give me a 2nd gen storm? yeah right. Or when they sent me a refurbed phone, and the rep tried to tell me that they were not sending out refurb phones as replacements. Even though it had a "like-New" sticker on it, he said it was brand new.

I could go on, but I think we get the point. What ever happend to telling someone, I don't have the answer, or Let me find out. Just get the reps to stop lying! that would be a great improvement in itself
    03-02-09 12:43 AM
    Anybody have a clue when Verizon is going to push a new SW version for the Storm? I'm at .75 right now. I'm hoping a new release will speed things up and get rid of some of the lag issues.
    NEVER -- .75 is The Final Official OS for the Storm . . . . RIM is just writing and leaking these newer builds just to torture all of us . . . . .

OK in all seriousness, no one knows for sure and anything you read on these forums prior to it actually being released is pure speculation or info that can be out of date in a minute due to a bug being found in what they want to release.

There is no need for you and others to keep asking this question as all you need to do is look at the Crackberry home page and the Storm forums because believe me when it happens it will be the biggest news since the Storm was launched.

Next time you feel the urge to post something like this please just pick up your phone and navigate to Options > Advanced Options > Wireless Update and do the update check and if you get "No Update Available" then you know your answer is "not today" and you can move on.

Thanks for understanding.
    03-02-09 01:34 AM
    .109 is wonderful u should stop waiting for verizon and just upgrade
    03-02-09 01:37 AM
    How long did you leave them on? If it wasn't at least 12 hrs then you jumped ship too soon. Sometimes it takes time for a new OS to "settle in" and work the way it is supposed to. The major bugs (except the LED issue) seem to be resolved by .109
    I've left them on for at least 3-4 days, before I decided to switch back to .75. Not really that impressed. Although some were faster than .75, they all had annoying little bugs that made me want to throw my Storm against the wall.
    03-02-09 07:17 AM
    I was at verizon the other day to pick up some screen savers and I took a quick look at the 2 floor displays. Both of them had .94!!!! I did not think to take a photo of this.

This was an official verizon corporate store.
    03-02-09 09:05 AM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD