Anybody have a clue when Verizon is going to push a new SW version for the Storm? I'm at .75 right now. I'm hoping a new release will speed things up and get rid of some of the lag issues.
    03-01-09 08:33 PM
    No one has any clue at the moment.
    03-01-09 08:34 PM
    i am waiting too...i am still using the packaged OS and don't want to test the waters with the unofficial upgrades.
    03-01-09 08:36 PM
    .109 is so much better than .75
    03-01-09 08:39 PM
    Your missing out then. .109 is like having a new phone compared to .75...one that works!!

i am waiting too...i am still using the packaged OS and don't want to test the waters with the unofficial upgrades.
    03-01-09 09:26 PM
    .109 is so much better than .75
    I use my blackberry as my only business line (dropped the landline). I can't **** around with unsupported versions.
    03-01-09 09:29 PM
    GOV'MENT COME AND TOOK MA BABY!

And no.
    03-01-09 09:31 PM
    The KKK took MY baby away.

P.S. You are our 100th "When is the next update coming out" thread starter! You win a free copy of OS .109 and a plethora of Tips, Tricks, and answers to all of your Storm questions! To claim your prize, just click on the link at the top of the page titled, "Search."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 09:41 PM
    I use my blackberry as my only business line (dropped the landline). I can't **** around with unsupported versions.
    I have had .99 installed for over a month with ZERO issues! I had more problems with .75! Don't be SCERD!
    03-01-09 09:43 PM
    The KKK took MY baby away.

P.S. You are our 100th "When is the next update coming out" thread starter! You win a free copy of OS .109 and a plethora of Tips, Tricks, and answers to all of your Storm questions! To claim your prize, just click on the link at the top of the page titled, "Search."

and you the first to post an ******* response to me in this forum.
    What search string would you enter? I put in Verizon and got so many hits (no obvious ones on the first page of results on the SW) I figured I'd start a new thread.
    03-01-09 09:45 PM
    Y'know, I'm always curious when people bring up the concept of an unsupported version...

I mean, .75 has issues. And it's laggy. It makes the phone a chore to use. But it's "supported".

.109 is pretty darned stable. It's fast. It frees up application memory. Even tosses in a feature here or there. In short, it's the phone the Storm should've been at launch. Yet it's "unsupported".

What happens when .75 messes up? If it's a simple freeze, you do a battery pull and go on with your life. If data is corrupted, hopefully you've done good backups, and you restore your device. If it's fully nuked, you hop on the forums for answers, or bring it back to Verizon for service.

What happens when .109 messes up? If it's a simple freeze, you... Do a battery pull and go on with your life. If data is corrupted, hopefully you've done good backups, and you... Restore your device. If it's fully nuked, you hop on the forums for answers, or... Bring it back to Verizon for service.

.109 doesn't give me the random reboots and freezes that .75 did. I've never had an issue with data corruption, though I still do backups. And through all of my beta and hybrid installs, I've never nuked the phone.

So, I really want to know... What does .75 being "supported" get you?
    03-01-09 09:48 PM
    Anybody have a clue when Verizon is going to push a new SW version for the Storm? I'm at .75 right now. I'm hoping a new release will speed things up and get rid of some of the lag issues.
    I have a clue - I work for Verizon - tier 2 Tech support - just got some OS info today - who wants to know when it's coming???
    03-01-09 09:49 PM
    .109 has subpar battery life (and dont say "well I have great battery life" because unless everyone does, it is not ready for primetime. I have had to do numerous battery pulls with my .109 Storm. I have many apps loaded onto it, but come on. Whats the point of a an (upcoming) app store if your device cant handle a few apps? To the OP...if I were you, I would just stay with .75. The newest official VZW OS is coming out this month.
    03-01-09 09:52 PM
    So, I really want to know... What does .75 being "supported" get you?
    Peace of mind. .75 works "ok" for me. If it ever gets to the point where I can't use the phone (or the lags, etc. annoy me) then I'll do an unsupported upgrade.
    The op obviously

I have a clue - I work for Verizon - tier 2 Tech support - just got some OS info today - who wants to know when it's coming???
    um, the answer to that question would be "EVERYBODY". duh.

and let me guess... 2009? oh wait, let me narrow it down for you - the first part of the latter half during the initial stage of the conclusive beginning of 2009. how close am I?
    03-01-09 09:54 PM
    03-01-09 09:55 PM
    [QUOTE=Pyroja;1828486]Y'know, I'm always curious when people bring up the concept of an unsupported version...

Correction to your post....if you have a "unsupported" OS - aka anything except .75 at this point - Verizon will MAY not, and IS NOT OBLIGATED, to support the device, This means, no help in resolving the issue and, more importantly, no replacement device. This depends on who you get, if it is me, I will do my best to help resolve the issue via phone support. If a replacement device seems needed, it is POSSIBLE, that when your defective BB is received at the warehouse and they see .109 on it, they may charge your account the full retail value of the storm. Again, if you get me, I will help in any way I can, AND will be completely honest about what I can and cannot do, AND what may happen when the device is returned.
    HENCE THE TERM "UNSUPPORTED OS"!
    03-01-09 09:58 PM
    GOV'MENT COME AND TOOK MA BABY!

And no.
    ROFLMAO I love Family Guy.
    03-01-09 10:00 PM
    um, the answer to that question would be "EVERYBODY". duh.

and let me guess... 2009? oh wait, let me narrow it down for you - the first part of the latter half during the initial stage of the conclusive beginning of 2009. how close am I?
    Since your'e so incredibly rude - and I was just trying to have a bit of fun - you can find out on your own - I'm not here to give anyone a hard time - why are you?
    03-01-09 10:00 PM
    Peace of mind. .75 works "ok" for me. If it ever gets to the point where I can't use the phone (or the lags, etc. annoy me) then I'll do an unsupported upgrade.
    Well, that was my motivation. .75 made the phone more frustrating to use than my old Samsung dumbphone.

As for battery life, I will say it: My battery life is great, and dramatically improved over .75. That may be different from your experience, but then again... My .75 experience was different from others, as well.

Everyone's saying the next official update is right around the corner. I guess we'll see how that goes.
    03-01-09 10:01 PM
    Well stephens.. how about you just share what you know, and stop with holding the information that you may or may not have.
    03-01-09 10:04 PM
    I heard from a friend, whose cousin's wife's boss's uncle's maid's lover's pool boy, whose nephew is a high level exec at Verizon that they are ditching the RIM os and almost completed development of a hybrid OSX/Android OS that's going to make the Storm the most awesome phone ever dreamt of.

My friend said it will be out next week, and trust me, this is a reliable source.
    03-01-09 10:04 PM
    they should already have .85 unless i'm mistaken, but just get .109 here at crackberry and do it yourself, it's really worth it, especially the full vertical keyboard
    03-01-09 10:06 PM
    hmmmmmmm - thought this was a place where friendly adults went to help each other with there BB's.........
    03-01-09 10:07 PM
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD