My friend got the storm a while ago. She got the storm and cracked the screen. They gave her a refurbished phone. The refurbished storm died and did not power on at all. Verizon gave her a second refurb storm. One of the verizon techs said that if the 2nd refurb phone doesn't work they'll replace it with a new one.

Now the 2nd refurb is rebooting itself and gets stuck in camera mode. The 2nd refurb is still on .75. At this point she went back to the store to ask for the new one as promised. Another verizon tech said:

"There is no way you're getting a new phone. Go to Crackberry.com and download the latest leaked update. We know that's not the official update, but you have to update your phone first before we can do anything."

I was amazed. It's mutiny at verizion. I guess I'm updating a storm tomorrow.
    05-26-09 07:35 PM
    lmao.... there is no way they can say that..... if a customer comes in and they are having an issue i know is due to .75 i will tell them that i could replace it or they can go to CB and download a leak and that will fix the issue... give them the choice. suprisingly, they usually say "ok gimme instructions on how to do the leak" and i do... but if someone says "i will not do this, you must go download a leak" they should be fired. in my opinion
    05-26-09 07:42 PM
    My friend got the storm a while ago. She got the storm and cracked the screen. They gave her a refurbished phone. The refurbished storm died and did not power on at all. Verizon gave her a second refurb storm. One of the verizon techs said that if the 2nd refurb phone doesn't work they'll replace it with a new one.

Now the 2nd refurb is rebooting itself and gets stuck in camera mode. The 2nd refurb is still on .75. At this point she went back to the store to ask for the new one as promised. Another verizon tech said:

"There is no way you're getting a new phone. Go to Crackberry.com and download the latest leaked update. We know that's not the official update, but you have to update your phone first before we can do anything."

I was amazed. It's mutiny at verizion. I guess I'm updating a storm tomorrow.
    Since I am a tech also, I'd love to know where in the US this happened, that person needs a new job; one involving the phrase "do you want fries with that?" (assuming this story is real, of course)
    Last edited by vzwcttech; 05-26-09 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Adding content
    05-26-09 09:14 PM
    Yeah being a tech for VZW too I would also like to know where this happened, you can not say anything like that. Wow! How is .148 working for you?
    05-26-09 09:39 PM
    lmao!! If somebody actually said that, that's just classic. I call bull
    05-27-09 01:47 AM
    lmao!! If somebody actually said that, that's just classic. I call bull
    I went to Verizon one day because I kept getting a Sim Card Error no matter what I did and the dude was a pr*ck just like that and said to download .113 for my phone off crackberry. "It's Verizon's version so its stable" I got a laugh out of that one, then 2 days later a new phone (5th one) lol
    05-27-09 03:02 AM
    If that's true you should have gotten their name and called a corporate office or at the least spoken to the store manager. Telling a customer to load a non official and unsupported os on their phone before they could get any help would be a guaranteed firing and you getting a new phone.
    05-27-09 05:06 AM
    Since I am a tech also, I'd love to know where in the US this happened, that person needs a new job; one involving the phrase "do you want fries with that?" (assuming this story is real, of course)
    I totally agree with you.
    05-27-09 08:27 AM
    When I got a call from the verizon executive office about a complaint I emailed, The guy told me that I might want to try a leak from crackberry, but he also let me know that it's not supported and might void my warranty.
    05-27-09 10:17 AM
    I just love all the BS stories on this site.
    05-27-09 10:21 AM
    was this before of after he said a new OS is coming by the end of the month?
    05-27-09 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD