Fellow named Mark Robertson took my support call with NO HOLD and proceeded to answer and resolve *every* question or issue I had with the setup of my Storm (re: email account setup, signals, VZNav, touchpad issues). This forum has a lot of "attitude" and bashing, but just had to point out that this was the most helpful and friendly support call I've ever experienced in my 51 years!!
    All this on Thanksgiving holiday, too! And...he even shared his insights about the Verizon support crew "learning" everyday about this device.

Just from this call, the 'halo' effect brought me from a "3" to about a "9" on my impressions of the 9530!! (if only the typing were a little easier)

Marshall
    11-27-08 03:31 PM
    Verizon normally has pretty good customer service. I've never had issues when I deal with them on the phone.
    11-27-08 03:33 PM
    ive had issues ordering this phone and chekcing the satus of my order. well the lady today gave me a 10$ credit for all my hassles. and told me she was sorry that i got blown off on friday when i ordered it.
    11-27-08 03:39 PM
    Yep this is the main reason that VZW consistently get's rated #1 in customer satisfaction and why moving to another carrier is simply not an option for me. I am treated like a person instead of a number.
    11-27-08 04:23 PM
    I've always found their customer service to be a "wow"!
    11-27-08 05:17 PM
    Definitely agree!!!
    11-27-08 05:20 PM
    for those who ordered but HAVEN'T received their storm yet, the customer service experience from our perspective has been very poor to say the least. placed my order on 11/21 and have been given three different delivery dates since.

they've fallen down in their ability to reassure customers they know what's going on or will follow up until they have a clue.
    11-27-08 05:32 PM
    for those who ordered but HAVEN'T received their storm yet, the customer service experience from our perspective has been very poor to say the least. placed my order on 11/21 and have been given three different delivery dates since.

they've fallen down in their ability to reassure customers they know what's going on or will follow up until they have a clue.
    Yes this is very frustrating. I wish there was a firm answer that some one could give me but I undertsand that CS reps only have limited info to work with. I think VZ management has handled this very poorly. The CS reps are doing the best they can with the info that they are given to work with.

I think the reason that you get different / inconsistant info each time you call is that you go to different call centers. Each call center probably handles the lack of info slightly differently.
    11-27-08 05:51 PM
    Yes this is very frustrating. I wish there was a firm answer that some one could give me but I undertsand that CS reps only have limited info to work with. I think VZ management has handled this very poorly. The CS reps are doing the best they can with the info that they are given to work with.

I think the reason that you get different / inconsistant info each time you call is that you go to different call centers. Each call center probably handles the lack of info slightly differently.
    you're right the cs reps had limited info to work with, but in many cases they made things worse by passing hearsay. if they didn't know when the delay would be resolved then just admit it. the old adage under promise and over deliver is applicable here.

vzw management didn't do them any favors by releasing a device that was a few tweaks from being ready. i think they got caught with their pants down and in hindsight probably wish they postponed the release to first week of december. that would buy time to resolve a few issues and properly ramp up for demand. instead they botched it, which put a dent in their customer service image and probably lost a few sales (not to mention existing customers) as well.

that said, i think the storm and rim have received some undue criticism because of the above. i believe the storm will mature into an excellent device for those who can get acclimated to a touchscreen bb and want strong multimedia capability.
    11-27-08 09:18 PM
    I'm one of those incompetent call center VZW reps. When we ALL get the e-mail or bulletin what the shipping dates are going to be, that is a directive from those in higher positions in management. We are to pass this information along as we receive it. Over the weekend last week, we were directed to say that orders placed after Friday were to be told "no later than December 15". Sorry, thats what we were told. Then a few days later the date was revised back to "no later than December 5th". So, is it my fault for telling people Dec. 15 then a couple of days later we're to say its the 5th? Is it bad customer service?

Unfortunately not everyone actually reads and tries to keep up with the latest happenings at VZW. I just happen to be an addicted Blackberry user, and also a Storm user. I believe that in any situation...even where you work, there's always going to be that 10% who ruin it for everyone. Say what you want, I'm only going by what those who get paid more than me tell us. If there are reps passing along hearsay, then lets hope their calls are being monitored, or follow up feedback surveys are sent out and the rep can be coached on it. I can also tell you that of all the CS reps you'll talk to in any call center, I'm one of the very few who has a Storm as mine was purchased on a consumer account. Sorry if you guys think I'm not doing my job correctly when I say the 15th one day and then the 5th the following day. I don't have a crystal ball that tells me the date will be changed.
    11-27-08 09:29 PM
    Say what you want, I'm only going by what those who get paid more than me tell us.
    fair enough. i should have added "don't shoot the messenger...unless he's the author" applies here too.
    11-27-08 09:57 PM
    I can understand delays... and have no problems with them.. I know there is a lot of demand, and its going to take some time before the supply can catch up.. but when you call the call center 5 times, and get 5 different answers, ranging anywhere from, your phone has shipped but we dont have a tracking # yet, to your phone wont ship until the 15th.. when I ordered my phone on 11/21 at 8:16pm, the rep told me it would ship no later than the 5th, but there are people who ordered phones after I did, who already have them.. that makes no sense to me.. there is no logical pattern here... and I think that is what is frustrating most people who dont have phone yet... I know the CS reps are doing their jobs, and giving what information they have.. and I have yet to have a negative experience when calling the call center.... so i applaud them, but im still unhappy with the way the shipping details are being given.. I heard of one guy who called the call center and was told his phone hadnt shipped yet.. but when he got home, his phone had been delivered...
    11-27-08 10:39 PM
    I totally agree, there customer service is just outstanding... The lady whom I spoke with yesterday was a great help to me, could not have asked for a better rep... We even carried on conversation about our cats

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 10:47 PM
    great customer service. You reps who are reading this keep us the great work. And happy thanksgiving
    11-27-08 10:54 PM
    great customer service. You reps who are reading this keep us the great work. And happy thanksgiving
    I agree, you know who you are. Happy Turkey Day!
    (Go class of 87! ya me too!)
    11-27-08 11:59 PM
    Every time I called CS I got people who don't know jack. I called MANY times and one knew what an Alternative Upgrade was. This forced me to go to the store and wait on line for my Storm which sold out in front of my face! Now I have to survive another week + until I can finally have my own Storm!
    11-28-08 12:07 AM
    i called customer service with some minor issue and questions that i had been having with my storm - very friendly chap on the other end of the phone - but he admitted that he did not actually have a storm to follow along with me on - but he was just on his computer typing in the questions i was asking.
    11-28-08 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD