Hey guys, looking for some opinions. Here's my story:
    I bought a Verizon Storm (9530) on Dec 15. I That one came with several dead pixels and a scratch. I sent it back and got another one. The second one's entire left side was unresponsive and it did not click when pushed, rendering it useless. Now I am awaiting my third Storm (I now have a collection of them it seems), and my luck hasn't been great so far. I talked to a guy at Verizon, and he couldn't give me a straight answer on whether there is a limit on the amount of replacements I can get (these are all within the 30 day guarantee), but instead suggested that I look at other phones if this doesn't work. Well this is my first blackberry, and I love it. The other one I think would be nice is the Bold, however I would have to go to At&t for that. My question in all this is; what do you guys think about it? Are you recieving Storm's in good condition, or is everyone getting these duds. I also would like to know if it would be advisable to go to a Bold. I don't know if RIM treats the storm as an upgrade off the bold, or just another blackberry in the arsenal. I generally use mine for entertainment and convenience more so than business. I get horrible service up at my house, but it is better than At&t. However I don't use it for calls much, mainly internet, so a phone with wifi might be more of an advantage. I just don't know what to do about it, either I keep gettting these replacements until they say I've had enough, and get stuck with one that may not work correctly, and be unable to switch providers because my 30 days is up. Or should I switch to At&t's bold model, seeing that without a touchscreen, that naturaly should have less problems. Well thanks for taking the time to read this, it's late here so I'll let this sit overnight and see what's been said tomorrow. If this question has already been asked, don't kill me lol, I've only been using Crackberry for about a week and haven't familiarized myself with all the news lately.
    01-10-09 12:20 AM
    hows that novel comin along?

-----search------
    01-10-09 12:27 AM
    i bought a storm on 12/5 and now im receiving a replacement on monday 1/12/09, not sure if its refurb or not. verizon tech said it was new outta the box (?). i personally love my storm, and since rim is constantly updating os's for it im looking forward to a perfect storm. im going to continue replacing it if need be. at&t sucks, and i read in a post they are downgrading to 2g network. but overall it's up to you, as for me im storming all the way until verizon says here is your money back.
    01-10-09 12:35 AM
    hows that novel comin along?

-----search------
    lol yeah I know I type alot, but its part of my job, carries over into the rest of my life too I suppose.
    01-10-09 12:52 AM
    2nd one was a charm for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 12:58 AM

Second one was a failure for me...its back to Verizon it goes!!!

(Loose as **** Screen, Click non responsive in bottom left corner, DIM Screen and the YELLOW Instead of true WHITE... )

Canada failed me twice, wonder if Mexico is any better?
    Last edited by REC7IFY; 01-10-09 at 01:11 AM.
    01-10-09 01:02 AM
    Second one was a failure for me...its back to Verizon it goes!!!

(Loose as **** Screen, Click non responsive in bottom left corner, DIM Screen and the YELLOW Instead of true WHITE... )

Canada failed me twice, wonder if Mexico is any better?
    canada failed me twice as well. A button fell out on one and both had dust in the screen problems. mexican one is good so far.
    01-10-09 01:45 AM
    How does one guy get two bad ones ?What are the odds
    01-10-09 02:24 AM

Same for me. Love my 2nd Storm.
    01-10-09 02:27 AM
    just got my 5th replacement. its made in Canada on Jan 4th of 2009 and its PERFECT!!!! Its like buying a computer, would you settle if it was having problems within a month of buying it? I wouldn't. and I bet all of you would do the same. My 5th one was given to me in the Verizon store so I got to check it out before I took it home. Good luck to you StormTroopers out there!
    Edit/Delete Message
    01-10-09 03:09 AM
    I have you all beat... 10 Replacements an i finally got one that has good click good color display and bright and the only complaint is the menu keys makes a little noise (like if you would put glue on your finger and push on paper and slowly lift it makes a little noise. Other then that i think its good....

I have had several none click screens

I have had buttons fall off

I have had several dim displays

I have had several yellow colored displays

Just figure you guys would want to know.
    01-10-09 03:22 AM
    guess I'm lucky but my I got mine in December and it seems to be working fine
    01-10-09 03:25 AM
    just got my 5th replacement. its made in Canada on Jan 4th of 2009 and its PERFECT!!!! Its like buying a computer, would you settle if it was having problems within a month of buying it? I wouldn't. and I bet all of you would do the same. My 5th one was given to me in the Verizon store so I got to check it out before I took it home. Good luck to you StormTroopers out there!
    Edit/Delete Message
    Call me stupid if you want, but how the heck do you find out when and where your Storm was built?

01-10-09 04:31 AM
    Wow, 10 replacements for one guy there. Well if Verizon's happy with replacing all of them, I suppose I'll keep sending them back. Thanks guys.
    01-10-09 10:05 AM
    Call me stupid if you want, but how the heck do you find out when and where your Storm was built?
    I looked on the serial number sticker on my box. Mexico!
    01-10-09 10:10 AM
    Do they make you give the box and everything back too? I'm just wondering if you send in your rebate and cut the UPC off the box will they accept your return?
    01-10-09 10:13 AM
    To the OP, get an iphone
    01-10-09 10:24 AM
    Do they make you give the box and everything back too? I'm just wondering if you send in your rebate and cut the UPC off the box will they accept your return?
    I am on my third Storm, I just went to the corporate store and told them the problem, they look up your info, and give you a new phone(as well as a nasty look) as well as the battery and media card, but they keep everything else. So don't worry about the box
    01-10-09 10:39 AM
    If they do your transaction as a return and they charge your credit card or account, they will charge the original purchase price and not give you a new box or rebate form.

If it's not done that way then you could potentially receive $100 in rebates.
    01-10-09 11:28 AM
    I am on my 3rd Storm and I am vary pleased with this one. It's from Mexico and seems to perform very well.

First one was from Mexico and after a week the "SEND" button came off

Second one was from Canada and had a dead spot in the screen

I love my Storm and would not switch no matter how many replacements I need.
    01-10-09 11:36 AM
    Hey Fox; couple of options. First off try another Storm because they are not all bad (I have my original). Secondly if you can live without a touchscreen yet crave the CrackBerry juice stick with Verizon and put a Curve in your hand; no doubt in my mind that all the carriers will wind up with a 8900 in thier stable.
    01-10-09 11:46 AM
    Way to hold strong kcope
    01-10-09 11:47 AM
    Hey Fox; couple of options. First off try another Storm because they are not all bad (I have my original). Secondly if you can live without a touchscreen yet crave the CrackBerry juice stick with Verizon and put a Curve in your hand; no doubt in my mind that all the carriers will wind up with a 8900 in thier stable.

Well I called Verizon and they finally said that I can get as many of them as I need to, so I think I will just stay with the storm. They send me then entire package, accessories and all, so it should work out eventuallly. As for the curve, it actually might work if the Storm doesn't. I was thinking that all the other bb models were obsolete with the storm and bold, but evidently they are all still quite usable.
    01-10-09 04:11 PM
    I have you all beat... 10 Replacements an i finally got one that has good click good color display and bright and the only complaint is the menu keys makes a little noise (like if you would put glue on your finger and push on paper and slowly lift it makes a little noise. Other then that i think its good....

I have had several none click screens

I have had buttons fall off

I have had several dim displays

I have had several yellow colored displays

Just figure you guys would want to know.
    I was under the impression there were only two types of displays. One would have a bluish tint, one yellowish tint. From my experience the yellow shows truer colors and is much brighter than the blueish tinted one.
    01-10-09 05:25 PM
    I've seen both screen "tints" as well. My original had the bluish tint. I had two replacements as well. The first replacement they sent was an FRU and I was within my 30 days so they sent a new one the next day. The FRU had the yellowish tint to it and was far superior IMO to the other. The colors are much crisper and truer and the screen as a whole just looked sharper. I kept it and returned the other two. The FRU actually clicked better, had the better tint, and has been very solid thus far. I'm still awaiting OS updates like everyone else, but it's getting better.
    01-10-09 05:46 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD