Well, it should be of no surprise to anyone here that Verizon totally dropped the ball and probably had, single-handedly, the worst release of a device EVER. Why? Well, look at the anticipation for the Storm. HUGE. Did they deliver? No. Not only did some faithful Blackberry fans denounce the Storm for its usability, but Verizon screwed up the plans for OS release. Check this out from BGR (yeah, I know all you Crackberry hounds hate BGR but you can't deny this sh*t):

The real story behind the Verizon BlackBerry Storm OS? : Boy Genius Report

EPIC FAIL.
    11-21-08 08:52 PM
    That's just speculation, you'll get your update when Verizon finishes verification.
    Last edited by Storm2; 11-21-08 at 08:56 PM.
    11-21-08 08:53 PM
    Yup, but look at the alternative. At least this should be fixable...
    11-21-08 08:54 PM
    What a joke. I am picky and I know it is consumer oriented but the thing is a piece o crap as it was released. Slow, glitchy and very annoying to type on compared to the iphone...i have a curve w os 4.5 and it is rock solid. Bold is the best so far in speed and memory.

RIM is going to get its arse handed to them in public debates and publicity.
    11-21-08 08:55 PM
    Duplicate thread (BGR thread... old news)... false information ("EPIC FAIL"... did you even LOOK at the poll results in the first thread?)
    Man where is sooks when you need him?
    11-21-08 08:56 PM
    They definitely could have handled the release better, considering that the northeast computer system crashed. And maybe provided more phones per store.

But overall I am very happy with the phone, a couple of minor bugs, but I'm confident it will be taken care of.
    11-21-08 08:56 PM
    could you please site a good phone launch that was anticipated in comparison to this volume by any carrier? If I can recall ATT F'd up BOTH Iphone launches. What else is there?
    11-21-08 08:57 PM
    I think this is the 18th post since 9pm regarding this speculation. CX says that an update is to be released.
    11-21-08 08:57 PM
    Hey guys, I want to post in the forum about how bad a phone is that I probably never seen or touched. I get all of my information from the internet and it is 100% facts. When I say its a fail, that actually means something. I am better then you because I didn't buy the phone that you bought and I just wanted to let you know.
    11-21-08 09:01 PM
    could you please site a good phone launch that was anticipated in comparison to this volume by any carrier? If I can recall ATT F'd up BOTH Iphone launches. What else is there?
    AT&T definitely screwed up more with the iPhone 3G. When I got my iPhone 3G I didn't get it working till the next day. The store I bought it at also had less iphones than my verizon store had storms. My storm was also working before I stepped out of the door. For me Verizon did a great job.
    11-21-08 09:07 PM
    Nice try SlipDizzy but I've handled this phone TWICE at length. I've said it after the Verizon Launch Party that I attended in L.A. with my friend and I'll say it again: This phone lags, the SurePress isn't really all that "sure" and the usability is just plain crap.

I bet half you '***** out there didn't know that the OS had to be flashed by the distributors because RIM sent these out with OS versions that PREVENTED THE DEVICE FROM CONNECTING TO THE NETWORK.

SlipDizzy = Fail.
    11-21-08 09:09 PM
    You + BGR = Fail
    Ipod phone + smartphone = Fail

I find it funny, when all the idiots with extra high expectations like this fella, and BGR, and whoever. Thought that the storm was gonna be the GOD of all touchscreen phones. Look it's a smartphone, it's been said a million time now, and even KEVIN said it himself in his review. You either like it, or you don't. If you don't STFU and move on. If you post crybaby threads like this, it just proves that the storm did what it came out to do. STORM > iPHONE why else is there so much drama.

Before you get all defensive, there's so many negative reviews, blah blah blah blah blah online already. What makes your thread any different. Exactly move on.
    11-21-08 09:24 PM
    Haha, prodig33 doesn't understand why Kevin, who runs THE ONE-STOP SHOP FOR ALL THINGS BLACKBERRY, did NOT post a Storm review when everyone and their mother did. Kevin would have had to tell the truth, which means dissing the Storm. And can he ever say anything bad about Blackberry? Of course not. He avoided it instead and reviewed the Treo Pro for Smartphone Round Robin. Hahahhaha...
    11-21-08 09:46 PM
    I love seeing all the ATT people coming in and bashing on the Verizon Storm. Go, check it out, and see for yourself. I am absolutely loving my Storm right now.
    11-21-08 09:47 PM
    I was not happy either.I do not like how the keyboard is qwerty only when turned sideways. Keys feel funny too. It made me realize that I can operate my Curve with one hand & just cant do that with the StormI pass on it
    11-21-08 09:49 PM
    the system didnt just crash because of the storm release. we have recently been having a lot of issues with our NETACE POS system. They made some changes to it a few days ago and since then its been kinda bumpy. So on top of that the overload of people ordering online, over the phone and all the store transactions caused some serious issues. You also have to realize that the world didnt come to a stop for the storm. we were doing just as much other stuff on the system as we always do. I think a lot of you are looking at this from a very small perspective and dont realize that these systems handle millions of transactions at any given time. its not like the only transactions that were going on were people ordering and buying storms. ATT's launch of the iphone didnt go so smooth either. From what i remember, a lot of people couldnt activate there phones for a few days.
    11-21-08 09:59 PM
    ..........Crackburry??????????????? Probably by himself right now.
    Last edited by gabpersonal; 11-21-08 at 10:12 PM. Reason: removed because Crackburry isn't even worth the humor
    11-21-08 10:02 PM
    i also used it today for a WHILE and i REALLY wanted the storm, but after using it and going through everything it just gave me a confirmation that i'm getting the bold and the storm just isn't for me
    11-21-08 10:03 PM
    This thread is full of win.
    11-21-08 10:05 PM
    WOWZERS and to think were allowed to elect people to office. If we all went on initial reactions and didn't have enough patience to simply let things settle out then wow were screwed. Last time i checked you couldn't get a xbox 360 (even to date) w/o worrying about a Major issue "Rrod". the germans thought hitler was a great freaking idea Heck they ewlevted them. things come and go its what people can do to fix, or prove themselves that should be out benchmark.

WE elected to buy a EARLY adoption of a technology and WE should be working together to make it better not spend time pissing and moaning about how it didn't work for me the second i turned it on. If your not one with patience for technology then wait about 2-4 weeks and check back on what the people of the Blackberry Storm were/ are able to decide. If your not happy then that's fine move and and don't live int eh past go look for your new shinny toy to have on . I hear elmo live is a big deal with the kids this Christmas, but heck it cant even check my e-mail!
    11-21-08 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD