ok so i have the AIM app on my storm and i do not have unlimited text,, so does every IM count as a text or is it just internet usage? explain please and thank you
    12-02-08 03:29 PM
    By what the VZ rep explained to me was that every IM form any app counts as a test message.

However they told me that with the unlimited text package, the unlimited messages are for VZ to VZ cx, and it has 500 other messages for ppl that are on other services (i.e. - sprint, Alltel, etc.)

The rep I was talking to informed me that all IM's come from that 500 messages. So essentially the unlimited text doesn't seem that great a deal if you plan on doing IM's a lot.

I am not sure if this is true (as it sounds a little strange) but that's the last I heard. Anyone here know if that is the case or not?
    12-02-08 03:34 PM
    From what I have read if you install it on the BB it will use DATA and not count against your Text messages.
    12-02-08 03:37 PM
    there was a thread on this about 4 hours ago, a simple search and you'd have the answer.

anyways if you download the AIM app from blackberry it uses data, if you download the AIM app from Verizon, it will use text
    12-02-08 03:38 PM
    im a total newbie how do i kno which AIM app i have and if i do have the verizon one how can i get the other one ?
    12-02-08 03:45 PM
    ive been using all the rim IM apps. they all count as DATA msn,yahoo,aim,gtalk..

the MOBILE IM from verizon which you see on dumbphones costs TXT the rim IM clients do not cost texts
    12-02-08 03:58 PM
    if you go to the blackberry page from your browser of the storm, then go to software and from there follow the headings which lead to AIM. It might be the one in the application center as well as it says the maker is RIM and not Verizon.
    12-02-08 03:59 PM
    thank you for the help everyone
    12-02-08 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD