I'm totally new to smart phones...my hubby and I got ours today. Exact phone, exact service...and his appears to be missing software (VZW Tones) and the touch screen works significantly different than mine. The only difference in the set up appears to be the branding version - mine is 1.0.105.118 and his is 1.0.105.3.

Do we just need to download an update the software or did we get sold two different versions on a buy one get one to give the provider an opportunity get rid of an earlier version of the phone?

And is there anyway to change the sensitivity of the touch screen?

Thank You SO SO MUCH! I have a feeling I'll be spending LOTS of time here!

~Grace
    03-28-09 04:25 PM
    Hook his phone up to the download manager provided with the phone it will check for updates and adjust both phones accordingly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 04:52 PM
    Now I'm curious about the branding version. I have a new Storm from Verizon, purchased about two weeks ago. I've done all the updates on it through Desktop Manager. It's at branding version 1.0.105.64.
    03-28-09 04:58 PM
    To change touch sensitivity go to options--> screen and keyboard

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 04:59 PM
    Branding does not appear to make a difference. The 105 in the branding number means it is Verizon, I am not sure if anyone has figured out the remaining numbers.

I got my phone on November 26 and the branding last three digits are 191 and it does not change with different OS (operating systems)

I assume both of your phones came with 4.7.0.75 OS. I suggest using it for a week to be come familiar with the phones before updating to a new OS. Who knows, maybe Verizon will have a new Official OS available by then.
    03-28-09 05:02 PM
    Thanks all! Ok what is the desktop manager... I'm guessing that this means running either the user tools CD or the Verizon CD...

Sorry for being such a newbie!

And I'm with you on being confused on the branding version...
    03-28-09 05:07 PM
    Again...thank you everybody! The hazards of being new... I figured out the desktop manager software and got that loaded.

The OS is 4.7.0.75 (Platform 4.0.0.94) on both phones. So they're running the latest (I think) ...I checked the settings for the touch screen and they're identical, but one takes significantly more pressure to activate than the other.

Other than this we're really enjoying the smart phones...don't know how I ever waited this long to get one!
    03-28-09 05:14 PM
    I'm not sure you can DL Verizon Tones deluxe to the Blackberries... although I'm sure one of the Crackberry Geniuses here could correct me if I'm wrong.
    03-28-09 05:16 PM
    Grace,
    If you go to the phone's web browser and then click on the homepage it should take you a VZW Today (verizon mobile site) page. Note: VZW Today came preloaded as the homepage when I got my phone so I am just assuming that this is the case for all BB Storms. Anyways, from there if you click on "Get Apps" you will be taken to another page where you can then download/install VZW Tones. It is the first choice if memory serves correct.

Hope this helps!
    03-28-09 05:43 PM
    The End User cannot change or update branding version on these devices. All you can do is update the OS on them. As for the different screen "physical feel", welcome to the QC of the Blackberry Storm.
    03-28-09 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD