Hi..just wondering..If I was to buy a new storm 2 in a verizon corporate store ..say today...is it safe to say that I would get one of the "newer" ones with the "fixed" screens? thanks
    05-09-10 09:26 AM
    Most likely yes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 09:44 AM
    I picked mine up last Sunday morning, and the screen has had no issues. I'd still like to know what the "yellow-dot" means on the box.
    05-09-10 10:16 AM
    I would like to know what this problem is that everyone is speaking of. I bought my S2 about a month and a half ago and haven't had any sort of problem at all.

05-09-10 11:26 AM
    Do you think it is too late in the game to pick up a Storm 2. I don't want to leave Sprint, but I really like the Storm 2.

05-09-10 11:45 AM
    I would like to know what this problem is that everyone is speaking of. I bought my S2 about a month and a half ago and haven't had any sort of problem at all.

If you're not having a problem, then no worries.

My phone has a build date of Oct. 2009... screen is perfect.
    05-09-10 11:49 AM
    Do you think it is too late in the game to pick up a Storm 2. I don't want to leave Sprint, but I really like the Storm 2.

Always choose network over phone, at least that's my rule. If Sprint works for you, then there's no need to switch just for a phone. Why pay more to get less? VZW is going to cost you more and you will get less. Certainly if you are having trouble with Sprint (i.e., network, constant billing issues, CS, etc.), then VZW might be your ticket. That said, it doesn't sound like you have problems with Sprint, just that you like the Storm2. I will admit that I am not one for exclusives, but for whatever reason RIM chose to give VZW (and only VZW in the U.S.) the Storm. I suppose that sucks for others, satisfied with their current carrier, but who want the Storm2. Sadly, this is no different than the iPhone and I really wish RIM would reconsider, but maybe they have a reason.
    Last edited by misterSelf; 05-09-10 at 12:03 PM.
    05-09-10 11:55 AM
    I picked mine up last Sunday morning, and the screen has had no issues. I'd still like to know what the "yellow-dot" means on the box.
    My Storm2 that I received April 20th had the yellow dot as well. I believe that I read on here somewhere that the yellow dot means it did have .320 but was upgraded to .607 before being shipped out.
    05-10-10 11:53 AM
    My Storm2 that I received April 20th had the yellow dot as well. I believe that I read on here somewhere that the yellow dot means it did have .320 but was upgraded to .607 before being shipped out.
    You might be on to something. I set up a Storm2 for one of our BES users last Friday and it had the yellow dot and already had .607 on it. I didn't look at the "born on" date though.
    05-10-10 02:24 PM
    yellow dot means upgraded screen and upgrade OS version meaning .302---->.607
    05-10-10 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD